John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this covered under warranty? My local mechanic and i changed the pads and routers. Will this void a certain warranty? This seems to be the exact issue i am currently going through.
Pads and rotors are wear items, so no warranty issues with you changing them out yourself.. And, not related to this issue anyway...

And the issue is in the 2.3's Vacuum system, not the the actual brakes themselves, so changing the Pads and rotors wouldn't have any effect on it.

So, if that's the problem you're having, yes, it should be covered.
Sponsored

MEAT_GOD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2dr, 15 Maserati Quattroporte
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey, not sure if this is reviving a dead thread but I wasn't willing to make a new post for the same issue.

Had the same warning pop up for me too: after a moderate off-road trip, a few dozen km's down the highway I got the same warning. Didn't think much of it as turning it off and back on again made the warning go away. I even cleared the error codes in FORSCAN yesterday.

Fast forward a week later (today) and I got the warning again on the highway. No noticeable difference in braking, but weird that it came up again.

Difference between mine is that I've already done over 40,000km, and I only now got the warning. Should I take it into the dealership and expect it to still be a vacuum line issue? Or might it be trail damage?