Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just happened to me tonight driving on the expressway at 70 mph. Brake light came on and breaks pumped for a second. Pulled over turned car off and break light still on. Haven’t noticed any breaking issues yet. Anyone have a remedy to this?
I have had this happen twice now.
Sponsored

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Turns out the SOP ABS ACTUATOR had to be replaced. Took a long while for the right part to come in , but the light has not come on since installed last week.
I appreciate you posting this. I am taking mine into Ford this afternoon for a separate issue I will show them my pic from yesterday and the thread on here.

Aguelian

Outer Banks
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti Q50
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I appreciate you posting this. I am taking mine into Ford this afternoon for a separate issue I will show them my pic from yesterday and the thread on here.
Any update? My check brake system light just turned on while I was backing out of a parking space. Turned it off then back on, and the message and light came back on

Sponsored

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This happened to me last night, 1 year old Bronco 2.3L. Stiff pedal after the brake warning light. Pressing it again, could feel something give away, and got normal power brake feel again. I took it to the dealer, they had looked up the codes, ordered a vacuum valve part. Coming this week.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Any update? My check brake system light just turned on while I was backing out of a parking space. Turned it off then back on, and the message and light came back on
2.7 here with cascading ABS module failures. Apparently there's a new TSB to address this by reprogramming the ABS module. I haven't experienced it since taking it in.
Ford Bronco Brake Light and Check Brake System PXL_20221201_142725692

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
SSM 51201 2021-2022 Bronco - 2.3L - Intermittent Illuminated Brake Warning Lamp With DTC P050F In The ABS Module
Some 2021-2022 Bronco vehicles equipped with the 2.3L engine may exhibit a red brake warning lamp and brake system warning message in the instrument panel cluster (IPC) with a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P050F in the anti-lock brake system (ABS) module. This may be accompanied by an intermittent firm brake pedal after driving for long periods at highway speeds. This may be due to improper sealing of an internal diaphragm within a brake booster vacuum line. To correct this condition, replace the vehicle's vacuum line with the latest version service part number MB3Z-2420-H or later. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 206-09 for installation instructions. For claiming, use casual part 2420.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

SSM 51201 2021-2022 Bronco - 2.3L - Intermittent Illuminated Brake Warning Lamp With DTC P050F In The ABS Module
Some 2021-2022 Bronco vehicles equipped with the 2.3L engine may exhibit a red brake warning lamp and brake system warning message in the instrument panel cluster (IPC) with a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P050F in the anti-lock brake system (ABS) module. This may be accompanied by an intermittent firm brake pedal after driving for long periods at highway speeds. This may be due to improper sealing of an internal diaphragm within a brake booster vacuum line. To correct this condition, replace the vehicle's vacuum line with the latest version service part number MB3Z-2420-H or later. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 206-09 for installation instructions. For claiming, use casual part 2420.
Way to weigh in with an actual answer rather than just taking personal information and "opening a claim" that closes before a dealer can look at the vehicle!

BroncoFett

Badlands
First Name
Brittney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just bought a 2021 bronco badlands and literally driving home from the dealership my check system brake came on, it comes on about 20 mins into my highway commute everyday but I don’t notice any brake failures. I’m going to make an appointment and hope it goes quickly. I don’t have a spare vehicle to drive. Ooof.

Sponsored

Kdk12

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee, Yamaha V-star Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

happened to me on my '21 .. it took 2 months or so to get the part into my dealership, but at least it's taken care of now.

JLEE8008

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Turns out the SOP ABS ACTUATOR had to be replaced. Took a long while for the right part to come in , but the light has not come on since installed last week.
Unfortunately the Check Brake System warning light is back. Took to the dealership today and they said an engineer from @Ford Motor Company will have to come take a look at it. Stay tuned.

D2CB1611-17C7-429D-A37A-BE763EC8AC6D.jpeg

BroncoFett

Badlands
First Name
Brittney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took mine in on a friday and they had it repaired and ready for pick up by Tuesday, It was the same thing that everyone else said (something about brake diaphragm something something)
Good luck!

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 22 is at 15k and the check brake warning light just came on today. After it came on I was at a red light and had the brake pushed in for about a minute and the brake system started to lose pressure and the car started to roll. I had to engage the parking brake - I have a 7MT.
I guess it’s off to the dealership for me.

RangoPlayWld

Big Bend
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CG Bronco 4 Door Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This happened to me last night, 1 year old Bronco 2.3L. Stiff pedal after the brake warning light. Pressing it again, could feel something give away, and got normal power brake feel again. I took it to the dealer, they had looked up the codes, ordered a vacuum valve part. Coming this week.
I had the same experience yesterday with my 2.3 Big Bend 8k miles. Did the vacuum part fix it?
Sponsored