First Name
oldguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Don't see no anything about brakes. 33's, 35's, 37's etc on a vehicle weighing thousands of pounds going 80 down the freeway sure don't stop on a dime when that silly person texting away comes right on over into your lane. Maybe going down the street at a nice leisurely 30 when low and behold out comes a basketball with a kid darn near attached to it. Ain't no race car we are trying to stop but they sure do got some fancy stuff to get them from 60 to 0 like yesterday compared to my old stuff.

So, what kind of brakes do we got? Power brakes? We got hydro-boost? Do we got 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 or maybe 18" disc brakes at all four corners or we still got drum brakes to deal with? Now we got to look at how many pistons we got on each of them corner, 1, 2, 3 or more, hanging on them there calipers.

All this thinking is giving me more thinkin to do......do we need them longer brake lines, or maybe them fancy braided metal ones so the sticks and stones leave them alone?

Where are the wise men who knows more about thinks that make you go stop
Sponsored

Bronco_Mando

Badlands
First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ranger; MDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good question, I was wondering about the e-brake.
Any news?

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

16in rims...leads me to think 11-12 in rotor as generally 13in rotors need a 17in rim. I would almost bet the rears are disk. I would assume hydroboost but with steering going electric too not sure if that is still being used.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

E-brake is electric.
you probably don’t want braided lines because if sand or dirt get into the braid, it could cause abrasion on the inner lining.
first step to braking power is better pads and rotors. If you feel it’s not enough then I’m sure there will be upgraded calipers from third party or kits using mustang calipers.

Sponsored

LemonShark

Outer Banks
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG, 2018 Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Potential dealer markup over MSRP has me already pumping the brakes.

Is that the same thing?

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I must say the ford brakes on our 17 escape are great. The in-laws have a 15 edge and its brakes are also very good. The in-laws picked up a 19 expedition and its brakes are great for that big tub. By great and good I mean the peddle is firm and consistent, response is very crisp and could even be considered "touchy" in that it does not take much peddle mashing to provide solid brake action.

AKaye

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Corvette Grand Sport, 2005 Ford Focus SES
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would assume single pot brakes in the 11-12 inch range as stated above. Im sure they will be more than adequate for the vehicle. I think people truly underestimate modern oem brake systems. I would be more concerned with A/T tires when screeching to a halt from 80mph...

If youre considering upgraded brakes, the great thing about a lot of Ford vehicles is the trickle down brakes from higher end models. Like Focus RS brakes on an ST, GT500 brakes on a GT/V6. Much cheaper than other aftermarket options. So hopefully a bronco raptor will exist and those brakes fit the regular bronco.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Fords have always had good brakes even back in the day. I loved the heavy duty early 80s style calipers with the single wedge pin instead of the bushed dual pin.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anything and everything that they can use from a Ranger and other models they will use. Whatever brakes the Ranger has will likely end up on the Bronco. Possibly Ford Performance may offer a BBK for it.

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't see no anything about brakes. 33's, 35's, 37's etc on a vehicle weighing thousands of pounds going 80 down the freeway sure don't stop on a dime when that silly person texting away comes right on over into your lane. ...
Unless you want to endo, you wouldn't really want superduty braking power anyway.

Factory brakes will most likely be more than powerful enough to cause your tires to lose all traction, i.e. antilock.

Spudly

First Edition
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, Gladiator Overland, RX350
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Def legit concern/question.

My GX460 has criminally undersized brakes for the mass of the vehicle. Even after upgrading to EBC heavy duty orange pads f/r, ebc bsd/sport rotors f/r, goodridge lines and Motul DOT4 fluid, I still get fade. Not keeping GX long enough to upgrade calipers at this point, though supposedly ebc has a 6 piston big brake kit coming out soon.

IMO true test of brakes is the deer/elk double dart... darts once, slam on brakes almost come to a stop, think it’s off the road start accelerating and it darts back again, slam again (hopefully not the critter and jack up the vehicle). Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mtn Nat Park is another good test. Number of people that cook their brakes is quite high.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would think either;
Vacuum Assist
Electric hydro-boost
If they are hydrophilic hydro-boost I will have to kick down another grand for a supplemental brake controller so I can tow it. My current inviso-brake will only work with the 1st 2.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

E-brake is electric.
you probably don’t want braided lines because if sand or dirt get into the braid, it could cause abrasion on the inner lining.
first step to braking power is better pads and rotors. If you feel it’s not enough then I’m sure there will be upgraded calipers from third party or kits using mustang calipers.
Most braided lines come with a heavy clear plastic cover.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Most braided lines come with a heavy clear plastic cover.
that is true. still want to make sure it's a quality piece and doesn't have any parts that can allow debris to get in.
Sponsored