Sponsored

Brand Manager says no white tops MY21 - what are planning to do if you had a color that was picked for a white top combo? Probably impacts AMB camp

For those getting AMB, and plan on getting a white painted hardtop, what will you do if it’s not ava

• Total voters

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is mostly for AMB guys (I would think) seems like the most important color to match with a white top I figured I’d make a poll.

Personally, i had my heart set on AMB with a white top. If it’s not available, I keep going back and forth with painting a black top. Or wrapping in case I grow old of the white top. Or conversely getting a body colored top and living with it for a bit and then deciding on paint or vinyl. Same could be said with black, but I think if I was leaning more towards a wrap, I’d get body color for resale purposes. If I were painting it it would be no difference to get a black or AMB top, which ever is cheaper.

and if I end up finding I don’t love AMB in person I may defer to Carb Gray or Iconic Silver with a black top. Or may even switch from OBX to badlands since I’m not as dead set on painted flares in neutral colors. And I want 33s. I specifically picked OBX for painted flares for the AMB/white top build. But added cost of painting a top and buying 33s could get me badlands budget if I go with a gray/black color combo
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just updated this thread now that the video came out yesterday with the Bronco Brand Manager said no white tops for MY21.

I suppose this applies to guys with any color, but specifically for those with AMB/White top hopes, what are you going to do?

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When did they say that there is an option for a body colored top? I have not seen that once.

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored
OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When did they say that there is an option for a body colored top? I have not seen that once.
it was in original literature. And I think when we decoded the options list (which is when we first found out that white tops weren’t there - that’s what started this whole flurry)

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was thinking about posting something yesterday along these lines. Basically asking who is going to be the first to paint their top. If I wanted a white top and it wasn't offered, I'd pull it and get it painted. It's not like you can't drive your vehicle while waiting.

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was thinking about posting something yesterday along these lines. Basically asking who is going to be the first to paint their top. If I wanted a white top and it wasn't offered, I'd pull it and get it painted. It's not like you can't drive your vehicle while waiting.
If you have a garage. I don’t. House is too old.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I haven't nailed down a colour. Still waiting on more pre-production photos, an, hopefully see something in real life.

I had already come to terms with no white roof a while ago. Even if one were offered I don't think, at this point, I would even take one.

There haven't been any shots of a body-coloured roof yet, right? I'd be interested to see AMB, outside, with an AMB roof. Or any colour for that matter.

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check Fords website

Been there a long time
You can option to a body colored top...

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you have a garage. I don’t. House is too old.
Make sure you get that marine grade vinyl seats and open your floor drains. :) My step-father says he used to wear a rain coat with hood when he drove his CJ2A with no top. Said it wasn't so bad until you stopped for a stop sign.

jbf19

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Chevrolet Blazer and 2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really don't know what I'll do. May have to rethink the whole color thing. I’ve said this before but I think Ford is somewhat missing a population of their targeted customers. They have done such a good job designing a vehicle that plays homage to the old Bronco. Additionally, they’ve gone after Jeep’s off-roading market very effectively. To me they’ve balanced those two goals reasonably well. However, I think they’ve focused too much on targeting Jeep to the detriment staying true to the Bronco heritage (they could’ve done both more effectively). Things like the lack of a white top and the awful color choices are really bad decisions. Many of us older Bronco enthusiasts (and the people who can generally afford the cost of the higher trim levels) want a Bronco that is both capable and looks “old school”. I was set on a AMB with a white top. In my opinion, those grey tops are ugly as hell. My guess is we’re getting grey tops to match Jeep’s offering. I mean, what Broncos ever came with a light grey top? These things really shouldn’t be that hard. As much credit as I give Ford for the design of the new Bronco (as opposed to their awful launch), I really think they’re missing the mark in some of their design decisions. Pisses me off that they’ll likely realize this and offer such items for later models.

Ps: The fact that Ford has presented Broncos with white tops during their Mickey Mouse launch is a clear bait and switch tactic. Bush league at best.

Last edited:

Anthraces

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Japanese car/SUV unfortunately
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is mostly for AMB guys (I would think) seems like the most important color to match with a white top I figured I’d make a poll.

Personally, i had my heart set on AMB with a white top. If it’s not available, I keep going back and forth with painting a black top. Or wrapping in case I grow old of the white top. Or conversely getting a body colored top and living with it for a bit and then deciding on paint or vinyl. Same could be said with black, but I think if I was leaning more towards a wrap, I’d get body color for resale purposes. If I were painting it it would be no difference to get a black or AMB top, which ever is cheaper.

and if I end up finding I don’t love AMB in person I may defer to Carb Gray or Iconic Silver with a black top. Or may even switch from OBX to badlands since I’m not as dead set on painted flares in neutral colors. And I want 33s. I specifically picked OBX for painted flares for the AMB/white top build. But added cost of painting a top and buying 33s could get me badlands budget if I go with a gray/black color combo
not true on mattering most for AMB folks....most colors look like crap with the MIC grey top. At best A51 is tolerable. I think you could survive with white or black....the rest, provided you can get past the other shades of grey/black mismatch. I am wavering between a few colors, but all with white tops.

seriously Ford, all your die hard bronco fans who want white tops to match the legacy are the ones who will make a reservation a year in advance...not the ones sitting on the fence and waiting till next MY. All those mofo’s would have been rushing to order next MY’s once they see us rolling around in our amazing looking Broncos with white (and black) tops. Now they will see us rolling around with mismatched colors and a crappy faded looking grey top and laugh. Ok, so I am a little bitter at Ford’s clear bait and switch tactic. I may just take the soft top it comes with and wait (that wasn’t a voting option).

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

We’ll see, but the white top may be the last straw between wait or buy now. It seems so easy to fix, versus the towing capacity or manual + v6 misses, but for some reason they don’t want to.

If the two door came with a soft top, I would be OK with ordering it with a soft top and then buying a painted modular white top from the dealer separately. (Which is what I would do if I was buying a four door.)
Sponsored