Sponsored

Brand New 2023 Bronco - Kicking Things Off w/ a Are These Sounds Normal Post?

bronc.bro

Wildtrak
First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi All,

Excited to be a part of the forum! Just picked up my 2023 WildTrak yesterday and can't wait to give it some miles and love.

I'm coming from a 2015 Mustang GT and have been driving Mustangs for the last 12 years, so this is certainly going to be different, but I'm excited for the change.

With that said, I noticed this whining sound while idling yesterday when I got her home. I don't think it was there on my test drive at the dealership, but it was a can't miss sound by the time I got home. When tracing the sound I believe it is coming from under the hood, possibly engine, belt, or trans related?

The video below is from under the middle of the car. It's definitely noticeable in the video as well. What are you thoughts? Is this normal?

Just an FYI, I did a search before hand and did find other threads on whining noises, but it's hard to tell if it's the same noise or not that I'm hearing.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sponsored

OP
OP
bronc.bro

bronc.bro

Wildtrak
First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Additionally, under the hood you can still hear the whining, but there is also a "clicking" noise that can be heard as well. Thoughts?

I know I might be reaching on the clicking noise, but better to be safe than sorry.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi All,

Excited to be a part of the forum! Just picked up my 2023 WildTrak yesterday and can't wait to give it some miles and love.

I'm coming from a 2015 Mustang GT and have been driving Mustangs for the last 12 years, so this is certainly going to be different, but I'm excited for the change.

With that said, I noticed this whining sound while idling yesterday when I got her home. I don't think it was there on my test drive at the dealership, but it was a can't miss sound by the time I got home. When tracing the sound I believe it is coming from under the hood, possibly engine, belt, or trans related?

The video below is from under the middle of the car. It's definitely noticeable in the video as well. What are you thoughts? Is this normal?

Just an FYI, I did a search before hand and did find other threads on whining noises, but it's hard to tell if it's the same noise or not that I'm hearing.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Could the whining sound be the fuel pump? Some vehicles have rather loud fuel pumps in the fuel tank, that can make that sort of steady mild whine. But if you've traced it for sure to the engine, then probably something else.

In terms of the ticking, the steady background ticking is probably normal, but I did hear some louder ticking of a more intermittent nature, not sure about that.

A907Chick

Wildtrak
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Wildtrax Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Could the whining sound be the fuel pump? Some vehicles have rather loud fuel pumps in the fuel tank, that can make that sort of steady mild whine. But if you've traced it for sure to the engine, then probably something else.

In terms of the ticking, the steady background ticking is probably normal, but I did hear some louder ticking of a more intermittent nature, not sure about that.
Is your A/C on when this noise occurs? I had a weird noise coming from under the hood and I noticed if my A/C was off it stopped. Never determined the cause though.
Sponsored