Jonny Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BD Sasquatch 4door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Picked up Bronco last week after dealership backstabbed me and did not amend the X-plan they said they would when we ordered. Went to a dodger game, babied it, and on the way home boom service engine soon and check engine light for stuck waste gate and drive train issues. Took to the back to service have to wait over the weekend. Two days later said it was just a some sort of valve part ordered will call next couple of days. Get a phone call today and the tech found a blown turbo. Really at 30 miles. Anyone else have this issue?!
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That sucks man, sorry to hear. I haven't seen anything recent however there have been several threads concerning low mileage turbo issues/failures over the past year on both the 2.7 and 2.3. PIA but this is what warranties are for. Hope they get you back on the road sooner than later.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Picked up Bronco last week after dealership backstabbed me and did not amend the X-plan they said they would when we ordered. Went to a dodger game, babied it, and on the way home boom service engine soon and check engine light for stuck waste gate and drive train issues. Took to the back to service have to wait over the weekend. Two days later said it was just a some sort of valve part ordered will call next couple of days. Get a phone call today and the tech found a blown turbo. Really at 30 miles. Anyone else have this issue?!
Johnny any update on your blown turbo? I had same problem just 3 miles on odometer after picking up new Bronco. Still in shop.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
With a failure of the wastegate, it's very possible to over speed the turbo and cause it to fail. Imagine rev'ing your bronco engine to 12k rpm, you wouldn't be surprised if it failed 3 miles into a 12,000 rpm wot run.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jonny Bronco

Jonny Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BD Sasquatch 4door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With a failure of the wastegate, it's very possible to over speed the turbo and cause it to fail. Imagine rev'ing your bronco engine to 12k rpm, you wouldn't be surprised if it failed 3 miles into a 12,000 rpm wot run.
I understand that but I know better and break in all of my new cars I babied it trust me

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealer replaced the waste gate actuator plug/assembly yesterday. Mechanic did a good job and test drove no issues. Picked it up then took Bronco on highway now it’s throwing a power terrain malfunction error and back at dealer again. Mechanic found the waste gate moving freely when replacing the actuator part. I don’t think my problem is turbo related anymore.

So I’m now wondering if I have a bigger electrical issue in the 4x4 system or some other issue. I have another thread going here. What’s odd is after I dropped off Bronco at dealer the powerterrain error cleared on Ford pass. My guess the mechanic cleared the code diagnosis it.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...new-bronco-turbo-waste-gate-stuck-shut.58475/

OP
OP
Jonny Bronco

Jonny Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BD Sasquatch 4door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealer replaced the waste gate actuator plug/assembly yesterday. Mechanic did a good job and test drove no issues. Picked it up then took Bronco on highway now it’s throwing a power terrain malfunction error and back at dealer again. Mechanic found the waste gate moving freely when replacing the actuator part. I don’t think my problem is turbo related anymore.

So I’m now wondering if I have a bigger electrical issue in the 4x4 system or some other issue. I have another thread going here. What’s odd is after I dropped off Bronco at dealer the powerterrain error cleared on Ford pass. My guess the mechanic cleared the code diagnosis it.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...new-bronco-turbo-waste-gate-stuck-shut.58475/
Bro the same exact thing happened to mine and then they replaced some harness and now been good for almost 700 miles. I contacted a lemon law lawyer and kept all of my paperwork. Maybe you should do the same at least Ford might fork up extended warranty or cash.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bro the same exact thing happened to mine and then they replaced some harness and now been good for almost 700 miles. I contacted a lemon law lawyer and kept all of my paperwork. Maybe you should do the same at least Ford might fork up extended warranty or cash.
I got a case filed with Ford customer support today. Im trying to get Ford to provide Ford Premium Care extended warranty at no charge then Ford issue me a debit card for first loan payment since I’ve been without the vehicle.

Doesn’t hurt to ask is what I thought. Why not.

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I feel your pain. A similar story:

Once had 2009 BMW 335d (d as in diesel). The thing was a torque riot and would run from Vegas to Reno on one tank!

Ticked over 75kmi and the early age of "hey look what we can do with diesel now/hide the real epa data/what's a dpf?" dawned and the EGR system said 'hey, this idea was too ahead of my time' and shoved the ECU into "reduced power mode"

You may know this story, but lo and behold EGR system was mega fouled with carbon deposits. And as it turned out, ~everybody with a 335d, 535d, or X5d was having same issue.

Guess what, the humble dons at Bavarian Motor Werk didn't want to help anyone with recalling their failed design and I had to take my dealer to BBB and all sorts of other drama to get any relief. I ended up splitting the $4k repair with them.

The fix was to disassemble alot of the engine and clean it out with walnut shells (similar to sand blasting but gentler for aluminum block, etc).

Repair done, received call to pick up vehicle. Picked up, let it warm up, babied around surface streets, took onto hwy, punched it...and IMMEDIATELY got SES light and reduced power.

Done with dealer, took to indy shop for diag- a piece of the walnut shavings had lodged in the turbo impeller and fried it.

$1,500 and new turbo later and the indy shop had me back on the road problem free...

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As far as OP and Telenerd, it's the bell curve/reliability curve that happens with all mechanical items. If something is going to fail hard, it usually happens pretty quickly after being placed in service.
Once you get past that break in period, most things will last as they were designed to last, few things fail unexpectedly .... then as they age, the curve starts to ramp up again.

Turbo's being what they are, an early failure is not UNcommon at all.
Not the norm, but not unheard of either.
Ford Bronco Brand New 30 miles Badlands Advanced Sasquatch blown turbo 2.7 1668479909973

Reactions: Cat
OP
OP
Jonny Bronco

Jonny Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BD Sasquatch 4door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As far as OP and Telenerd, it's the bell curve/reliability curve that happens with all mechanical items. If something is going to fail hard, it usually happens pretty quickly after being placed in service.
Once you get past that break in period, most things will last as they were designed to last, few things fail unexpectedly .... then as they age, the curve starts to ramp up again.

Turbo's being what they are, an early failure is not UNcommon at all.
Not the norm, but not unheard of either.
Ford Bronco Brand New 30 miles Badlands Advanced Sasquatch blown turbo 2.7 1668479909973
I get that but odd part is the same thing happened to a person who posted on here and then a drivetrain fault right after. Chances of that are slim to none but seems more so with the new broncos
Sponsored