Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ight kids, just for S&G I pulled mine in to check for software updates and this hose deal. It is most definitely a problem.

Best I can tell it's a hose coming off a tree that goes to one side of the trans cooler. Mine was laying against the idler pulley and almost against the A/C pulley. Solution was a somewhat loose zip tie to the adjacent larger hose.

For those with this engine, I would absolutely look at this and make sure it's not rubbing yet and if it is, get it tied back.

Ford Bronco Brand new bronco overheated today [Updated 8/19] 2.7hose

Ford Bronco Brand new bronco overheated today [Updated 8/19] 1629483774012

Ford Bronco Brand new bronco overheated today [Updated 8/19] 2.7hose2
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not all yanks bbq like that... Some of us smoke out meats with just a rub.... If ya need sauce your rub ain't right!
Ford Bronco Brand new bronco overheated today [Updated 8/19] Texas BBQ

But I digress:

Ight kids, just for S&G I pulled mine in to check for software updates and this hose deal. It is most definitely a problem.

Best I can tell it's a hose coming off a tree that goes to one side of the trans cooler. Mine was laying against the idler pulley and almost against the A/C pulley. Solution was a somewhat loose zip tie to the adjacent larger hose.

For those with this engine, I would absolutely look at this and make sure it's not rubbing yet and if it is, get it tied back.

Thank you for posting this up! Likely these are short-term teething issues in the scope of manufacturing and they are making line adjustments for such things.

I appreciate you taking the time to give resources to others, especially so early in the game with 6g Bronco.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But I digress:

Thank you for posting this up! Likely these are short-term teething issues in the scope of manufacturing and they are making line adjustments for such things.

I appreciate you taking the time to give resources to others, especially so early in the game with 6g Bronco.
Hope there's a mole from engineering watching this thread. At a minimum this needs to be a SSM like NOW.

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

But I digress:

Could always loosen the hose, twist it to one side or the other and then tighten it... No zip ties

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My brand new 2021 black diamond over heated today. I have to have it towed to a dealership. It started smoking / fuming. Has this happened to anyone??? It had less than 2k miles

Did they ever say what went wrong with your bronco?

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for sharing Flip. Not sure if it would help but I know the Ford account on has asks customers to DM the VIN and issues. Maybe send your findings Flip via DM to them to help "nudge" them into the right direction to addressing it.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for sharing Flip. Not sure if it would help but I know the Ford account on has asks customers to DM the VIN and issues. Maybe send your findings Flip via DM to them to help "nudge" them into the right direction to addressing it.
They didn't answer my PM as to if they were Ford or Jackson Dawson so I'm a little butt hurt. I told them who I was and if they care, there's a "Follow" option. I'm not going to beg them to listen, the info's here if they want it. Sorry to sound gruff but this is a perfect example of a Ford problem that they won't pay us to fix until it becomes a problem like the OP's.

Just to show you I'm not a total d!c*, I created a post on the Ford message boards with pics. I'll probably be getting a call in 5....4....3....2....1....

Last edited:

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2.7hose.jpg

1629483774012.png

2.7hose2.jpg
Thanks Flip i'll make sure to instruct my techs to insp for this on PDI and first service.

Sponsored

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FWIW, we usually have 18 loaners, including Lincolns. Due to backordered parts on non-drivable units we are down to a just a couple per day. Ford does NOT pay for loaners until the vehicle is diagnosed and meets certain eligibility requirements. If that dealer uses Enterprise for overflow they are probably in the same boat with no vehicles.

I know some don't like this answer but that's how it is. Dealers are not required to keep loaners and Ford doesn't care if we lose $$ in FCTP or the FRAC program. We are usually in the hole $60K at the end of the year due to loaners.
So what good is the extended warrant? Why try to sell them if your not going to honor them? always some Excuses .

OP
OP
Kamseyk

Kamseyk

Black Diamond
First Name
Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I finally have the Bronco home 🥳
THANK YOU to all the info, help and support! This Forum is awesome!

When I picked it up the service manager said Ford called every day to check on it. They told the tech how to do the temporary fix until the part gets there. From what I could understand, they have modified the part so it won't rub and they are sending the new one. She said Ford told her about 2 others that had the same issue. She also said that Ford had been following my social media... Thank you @Ford Motor Company for paying attention and listening to your Bronco customers!

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right now it is all speculation. The main thing is to not only fix the cause but fully diagnose and repair any damage that might have occurred during the overheat incident.

Unless this is a very trusted dealership I would recommend going back and pulling both oil (engine, diffs, and TC) and coolant samples (if she has not already) and sending them out to Blackstone labs for analysis.

If it's a trusted dealer then they are going to do it anyway. This way you can tell if there is any unusual wear or damage to internal parts. Also have them do a compression test dry and wet. Have them show you pictures of the bore scope inspection before replacing the plugs.

This will be a minimum of what any tech will do as well as a visual inspection on all components related to the cooling system.

What is really cool is the ability to pull the temperatures off the OBC during the overheat incident. If it checks out to not be overheated then it's just a matter of fixing the cause and returning to customer.
Hopefully the 0P reads this. This is very good and important information and although I have not read every line in this thread it doesn’t seem that she’s getting much help . I really feel bad for her and I hope this works out the dealership is not doing themselves any favors .

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I finally have the Bronco home 🥳
THANK YOU to all the info, help and support! This Forum is awesome!

When I picked it up the service manager said Ford called every day to check on it. They told the tech how to do the temporary fix until the part gets there. From what I could understand, they have modified the part so it won't rub and they are sending the new one. She said Ford told her about 2 others that had the same issue. She also said that Ford had been following my social media... Thank you @Ford Motor Company for paying attention and listening to your Bronco customers!
There's so much crammed in under the hood, it barely fits. I got a recall on my Aviator that the battery harness may be improperly secured and could make contact with the A/C pulley and possibly start a fire.
Sponsored