First Name
Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Update: Ford dealership is now saying they are 3-4 weeks out on repairs! They are trying push it up on the list because it is so new and has so low miles, but will be at least a day to get to it. So now I have no ride at all. Awesome.
Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I would just look in the engine bay and identify the upper and lower radiator hose. If they are not attach then that is the issue. Of course you want the dealer to look at it BUT I can 100% guarantee the steam is coming from the radiator

Last edited:

Sponsored

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hate how everyone here jumps to conclusions and then just states them as facts.

how about let’s wait and see what the actual cause was before assuming it’s a “serious issue”.

Like others have said probably as simple as a clamp on one end of a coolant hose that held on for as long as it could and then blew off.

OP I’m sorry this happened and I realize it’s not a desirable thing and a big inconvenience, but it could very well be minor and easily resolved so don’t panic just yet.

good luck.
Do not cloud the issue with facts.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update: Ford dealership is now saying they are 3-4 weeks out on repairs! They are trying push it up on the list because it is so new and has so low miles, but will be at least a day to get to it. So now I have no ride at all. Awesome.
Thanks for the update.
Is that 3-4 weeks before they can take a look at it, or 3-4 weeks for them to get parts and complete repairs? Because the second one suggests that they have already determined the problem.

And as others have said, seems like they should give you a loaner in this instance.

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the update.
Is that 3-4 weeks before they can take a look at it, or 3-4 weeks for them to get parts and complete repairs? Because the second one suggests that they have already determined the problem.

And as others have said, seems like they should give you a loaner in this instance.
I do not believe that Ford's standard warranty provides for a rental car. The extended warranty does (but there is a cap on the cost/days of the rental). That said, I have never had a dealer who sold me the car not provide a loaner for warranty work. The issue is if another dealer feels compelled to provide a loaner for someone who did not purchase the car from their dealership?

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Talk in person to the service manager. That long a wait in not acceptable on a new first year vehicle that you waited so long to get. You need and deserve a free loaner. If no help call Ford customer service.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Kamseyk

Kamseyk

Black Diamond
First Name
Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Your warrantee doesn't include a loaner?
I thought it did- I do have the extended warranty. However I had it towed this morning and had to work today so I didn't have a ride to get the loaner. I asked the dealership for one, but they have not responded.

OP
OP
Kamseyk

Kamseyk

Black Diamond
First Name
Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Talk in person to the service manager. That long a wait in not acceptable on a new first year vehicle that you waited so long to get. You need and deserve a free loaner. If no help call Ford customer service.
I have been talking with the service manager. I will call Ford customer service. Thanks for the tip.

OP
OP
Kamseyk

Kamseyk

Black Diamond
First Name
Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I do not believe that Ford's standard warranty provides for a rental car. The extended warranty does (but there is a cap on the cost/days of the rental). That said, I have never had a dealer who sold me the car not provide a loaner for warranty work. The issue is if another dealer feels compelled to provide a loaner for someone who did not purchase the car from their dealership?
I am not sure the exact issue with the loaner- They just keep avoiding the question. Good thing I am busy working during their business hours!

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So Ford sells you a new vehicle that overheats a couple days in, tells you it will be 3-4 weeks for repairs and doesn't give you a loaner? A problem or two on a first year vehicle may be expected but it sucks Ford hesitates to make it right.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ok, did I miss it? What was wrong with it?

I'll go skim again.....
Sponsored