Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had a loose coolant hose spew coolant and steam within a few hundred miles from new on my ‘01 F250 7.3l - still running strong 230,000 miles later….. all is not lost, fear not.
Sponsored

Bwaggs83

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My brand new 2021 black diamond over heated today. I have to have it towed to a dealership. It started smoking / fuming. Has this happened to anyone??? It had less than 2k miles

DD64B3CB-065B-4E9C-A9D3-88AF5F427601.jpeg
Like everyone else. Can you give us more information on engine and how you were driving and what the dealership is saying about the cause?

OP
OP
Kamseyk

Kamseyk

Black Diamond
First Name
Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Would like to know more details about the situation. Looks like its a sasquatch v6 and your in town. Were you simply daily driving it?
I was just driving down the street and all the alerts went off. I pulled over and added coolant and it was pouring out the bottom.

OP
OP
Kamseyk

Kamseyk

Black Diamond
First Name
Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That really sucks. Ford has some serious issues to work through. Any info on outside temperature and use conditions? Was it working hard or just going through the paces. 4 or 6 cylinder.
6 cylinder. I was just driving. I had not gone far from the house. It wouldn't go and I barley made it to the house

Sponsored
OP
OP
Kamseyk

Kamseyk

Black Diamond
First Name
Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Like everyone else. Can you give us more information on engine and how you were driving and what the dealership is saying about the cause?
The dealership is closed. I am waiting on Ford to call me. They called earlier but got disconnected. I have to find out where to have it towed because I bought it in texas and I am in Tennessee.

AHop

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 F250 Highboy, '96 Miata M-Edition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
just a thought, don't all modern engines go into limp mode when they get hot?

my diagnosis is the same as most here, leaking coolant from hose/clamp not an over heat.
Yup. P1299 - Cylinder head over temp protection mode will set every time a problem is detected with any part of the cooling system, even if one of the temperature sensors is just reading off from the others. This enters limp mode, disables half the cylinders to pump air through the engine for cooling (cycles between the cylinders, doesn't stay on the same 3), and pegs the coolant temp gauge on the dash regardless of actual temperature.

OP said it was leaking as he was pouring coolant into the reservoir. Sounds like a loose hose on the reservoir blew off and leaked coolant everywhere. I doubt any damage was done to the engine unless he kept driving with the warning lights blaring in his face.

Sponsored

Bwaggs83

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The dealership is closed. I am waiting on Ford to call me. They called earlier but got disconnected. I have to find out where to have it towed because I bought it in texas and I am in Tennessee.
Got ya...makes sense. What part of Tennessee are you in?

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands