Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado - Company Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely sounds like a loose clamp on the coolant hose. I just had this happen to me in my diesel sierra - coolant pouring out while being added and all.
Sponsored

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 thousand miles are you serious. Iā€™ve driven my Tacoma 250k miles and it never left me on the side of the road.
Just because your Tacoma went 250k doesn't mean everyone's Tacoma goes 250k with no issues. I've had AC fan wires burn up on mine and a leaf spring shatter (later recalled). My mom has a 19 Sienna that took a dump in the middle of the freeway due to the fuel pump. It's been replaced and she tells me it still feels like it wants to die.

Shit happens, the 2.7l is not new or special to the Bronco. And no car is immune to factory f ups

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Did you even bother reading the thread? It's not about an overheating Bronco, apparently it's about barbecue sauce! :)
Well that explains it, she bought it in Texas and it broke down in Tennessee, bet she didn't switch to a vinegar based sauce when crossing state lines.

Last edited:

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
BBQ means VERY different things depending on what part of the country you're in. Here in AZ, it means 'DROWN THE #%$%% CHICKEN IN AS MUCH SAUCE AS POSSIBLE AND THEN BURN IT UNTIL ITS BARELY RECOGNIZABLE.' I miss North Carolina.
Yeah, Phoenix area isnā€™t great for BBQ. But have you tried Little Miss BBQ on Cave Creek Road? The real deal Texas style ā€™que. Best Iā€™ve had in AZ. Rudyā€™s and The Thumb are are not bad either, somewhat under appreciated here. The thing is, if you have to use sauce, the BBQ is less than top notch.

Sorry to hijack your thread OP, not trying to make light of what happened. I know what you experienced is a real PITA, but Iā€™ll bet your Bronco will be good as new after dealer investigation. Please let us know what you find out.

Sponsored

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thatā€™s why I cancelled my order and bought a 4Runner that will last forever.
If they'd come out with a retro 4Runner that looks like they did in the. 90's I'd be all over it! But the more recent designs not so much for me. Congrats!

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealership is closed. I am waiting on Ford to call me. They called earlier but got disconnected. I have to find out where to have it towed because I bought it in texas and I am in Tennessee.
Dealership in Tennessee

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Obviously OP tried to put pineapple in their BBQ sauce and the universe doled out some punishment.
Dave, you must really hate pineapple. I'm thinking all those years at the swoosh must have done something to you! Maybe they are so anti-pineapple they played anti-pineapple subliminal messages in the elevator music or something??? :unsure: šŸšŸšŸ

Sponsored

NotaJeep

First Edition
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Test drove a Badlands here in Denver last weekend. It was leaking something near the back of the engine bay. When we stopped to switch drivers we could hear it sizzling. Could have been the AC condensation but it seemed heavier then that. Guessing loose hose clamp, not great itā€™s happening on multiple units

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

All the hysteria over one vehicle overheating is hilarious. Good riddance to anyone canceling their order over this. Good luck going to another brand, you're just as likely to experience an assembly line defect.
What hysteria?

A guy says his Bronco overheated. Several people replied ā€œyeah, itā€™s probably a hose clampā€, and a few asked what the driver was doing when it happened. Then thereā€™s the whole joke line about waxing the engine and barbecuing.

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What hysteria?

A guy says his Bronco overheated. Several people replied ā€œyeah, itā€™s probably a hose clampā€, and a few asked what the driver was doing when it happened. Then thereā€™s the whole joke line about waxing the engine and barbecuing.
There was 1 guy who was hysterically typing about Ford having a total disaster of a vehicle coming out.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

There was 1 guy who was hysterically typing about Ford having a total disaster of a vehicle coming out.
Youā€™re right. I guess I was just ignoring the 4Runner trolls that seem to have popped up lately.

Still ā€œAll theā€ implies a lot, when there is very little. But I acknowledge to @GrabberBlue that there is some hysteria. (And then the BBQ is hysterical šŸ˜†).
Sponsored