First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I know there's different levels of mechanical ability with folks but this is about as simple as it gets. Temp gauge fine/no temp dummy light and there's steam=coolant leak. Driving with Temp gauge pegged/Temp dummy light on until steam is visible=overheating.
I believe Kami the OP pointed out his was overheating. A coolant leak contributes to overheating. I have every reason to believe this was an overheat issue. All these modern vehicles run very hot as it is to meet EPA/AQMD standards.

We can only hope the engine was shut down in time so as to not do damage to it. Even if it went into limp mode the damage may already be done. We are all speculating at this point until it is diagnosed at the dealer.

One thing I do recommend is for Kami, is to make sure everything that can be effected by a overheat issue is checked thoroughly. A drastic overheat issue can be detrimental on a modern direct injected turbo motor.
Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been following this forum since it started. I'm reading a quite a few problems with these new generation Broncos. More issues than the average 1st year models of other rigs.
Can you back up that claim?

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yup, one assembly issue, the entire Bronco design sucks. Everyone should return their Bronco to Ford and Ford should start over again and remanufacture every unit but so far.

Sponsored

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

there is nothing that should cause an overheat on a brand new vehicle like this unless they were trying to tow a Sherman tank up a 30 degree incline in Death Valley for 3 hours... NO reason for an overheat on a new vehicle unless something is very wrong.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe Kami the OP pointed out his was overheating. A coolant leak contributes to overheating. I have every reason to believe this was an overheat issue. All these modern vehicles run very hot as it is to meet EPA/AQMD standards.

We can only hope the engine was shut down in time so as to not do damage to it. Even if it went into limp mode the damage may already be done. We are all speculating at this point until it is diagnosed at the dealer.

One thing I do recommend is for Kami, is to make sure everything that can be effected by a overheat issue is checked thoroughly. A drastic overheat issue can be detrimental on a modern direct injected turbo motor.
He said it overheated and showed a pic of steam from an engine. That doesn't mean that it overheated. lol

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

there is nothing that should cause an overheat on a brand new vehicle like this unless they were trying to tow a Sherman tank up a 30 degree incline in Death Valley for 3 hours... NO reason for an overheat on a new vehicle unless something is very wrong.
Thread is TL/DR but have we even established that there was an overheat? OP may have misinterpreted a coolant leak with steam as “overheat”……has she/he been back to answer the critical question of temp gauge reading?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It doesn't take much of anything wrong to cause these motors to overheat (even an airpocket trapped in a manner to not get effectively de-gassed). That said, it overheated, which is definitely not a good thing...

I am thinking that he was trying to run premium fuel, ran the AC at the same time, and likely waxed the engine.

;)

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Test drove a Badlands here in Denver last weekend. It was leaking something near the back of the engine bay. When we stopped to switch drivers we could hear it sizzling. Could have been the AC condensation but it seemed heavier then that. Guessing loose hose clamp, not great it’s happening on multiple units
Hmmm... whatever happened to:

Ford Bronco Brand new bronco overheated today [Updated 8/19] 1629129804679

Sponsored
OP
OP
Kamseyk

Kamseyk

Black Diamond
First Name
Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well that explains it, he bought it in Texas and it broke down in Tennessee, bet he didn't switch to a vinegar based sauce when crossing state lines.
I am a woman not a man. And I like TX BBQ.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

needs more pineapple

Td66

Wildtrak
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 runner, 2 Mazda 3s
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco Brand new bronco overheated today [Updated 8/19] 09EBB7FE-5609-4BE1-A8F1-44612719E7EA

It may have overheated, but it looks great to have had a tree fall on it!
Hope they fix it soon and get it back to you OP! Keep us updated please.
[/QUOTE]

OP
OP
Kamseyk

Kamseyk

Black Diamond
First Name
Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
09EBB7FE-5609-4BE1-A8F1-44612719E7EA.jpeg

It may have overheated, but it looks great to have had a tree fall on it!
Hope they fix it soon and get it back to you OP! Keep us updated please.
[/QUOTE]
The tree didn't fall on it. lol
Sponsored