Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If she's in Memphis, it may be ketchup based? Note, I don't condone that kind of sacrilege. Vinegar FTW!!

I grew up a Yankee, where "pork bbq" was Heinz BBQ sauce, pork roast, and a crock pot. :sick:
Not all yanks bbq like that... Some of us smoke out meats with just a rub.... If ya need sauce your rub ain't right!
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Back to topic.....OP, please let us know exactly which hose they replaced when it's done. You can PM your VIN if you don't want to share publicly. I'm interested in this so we can pay special attention to this area on predelivery.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Glad you were able to get attention so that it is worked on and in a timely manner. The old rule the squeaky wheel gets the oil. Their idea of a tube and to splice the hose together will work well until the new hose comes in. Good idea whoever came up with it. This would have been a super easy fix at home for under $10. Still need to see what caused the hose to get frayed to begin with though- was it in the wrong place, not seated, etc.?

Also- the dealers everywhere are swamped with work and lead times are super long. My son's wife's car needed a simple oil change and the dealer is booked until mid-September! It's got a service contract and the car is 1K over due so he's going to do it. It's also got a CEL so I am coaching him what to do. It's a very good time to know how to work on your own vehicles.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

If she's in Memphis, it may be ketchup based? Note, I don't condone that kind of sacrilege. Vinegar FTW!!

I grew up a Yankee, where "pork bbq" was Heinz BBQ sauce, pork roast, and a crock pot. :sick:
I did a tour outside Memphis, tomato based yes but still vinegar, their claim to fame is dry rub. Growing up in middle Tennessee, it was all vinegar and spice with hot peppers, not this sweet ketchup they like in SC, that'd really gum-up your cooling system!

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ya, well my "real world issue" is that my vehicle is built and my vehicle is paid for... and I am standing here making a payment on a vehicle that I don't have and that Ford has been paid for. That's a real world issue... don't you think?!?

It would take all of a few seconds to tell me something, anything, a proper phone number, or even offer to send me a stupid hammock... Nope. Nothing. They don't even let me pull up my sticker.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, I am glad the OP is getting some resolution. This thread is about her Bronco and I am glad that she's gotten some attention to it.
Please help me understand why anyone would pay for a Bronco site unseen, not inspected by you, not test drove by you. Who took your money/down payment ? I would like to see a copy of your purchase order/purchase agreement from dealer. :unsure:

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

surprised someone didn't guess the correct diagnosis :ROFLMAO:
I didn't follow this thread too closely, but I thought a few mentioned pin holes or something in a radiator hose. Which to people who work on their own cars, probably would've smelled the antifreeze to start. And would've (hopefully) investigated it.

Then again, it seems not too many people around here work on their own vehicles 🤷‍♂️

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Please help me understand why anyone would pay for a Bronco site unseen, not inspected by you, not test drove by you. Who took your money/down payment ? I would like to see a copy of your purchase order/purchase agreement from dealer. :unsure:
Sorry, but I am not posting the actual signed documents.

Stateside Delivery Instructions.jpg

Screenshot 2021-08-11 at 22-51-05 Military AutoSource (MAS) Official Site Shop Your Military B...jpg

terms and conditions.jpg

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

your issue is with the one who accepted your payment for a Bronco not delivered. I would focus on them.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
your issue is with the one who accepted your payment for a Bronco not delivered. I would focus on them.
Well, I verified that Ford has been paid.

It's a complex process, but that doesn't mean that Ford should treat me differently than other customers. The fact is that Ford has not included me on any emails or information regarding the status of my Bronco like other customers.

That's not MAS's fault alone but the fault of both MAS and Ford for not providing a purchasing experience consistent with that most other customers have. For example the Ford tracker, the emails regarding the MIC problem, the ability to register with the Off-Rodeo, etc.

However much of the feedback on the forum suggests that this is all my fault, not anyone else's - I should have known better, right?

Are all the other less vocal military auto source customers who are experiencing similar issues at fault too, right?

Some of you get very invested in defending Ford, even as the F up the launch by the numbers.

I think the real problem is that I planned on waxing my Bronco in the future.

AgentKooper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

It's a complex process, but that doesn't mean that Ford should treat me differently than other customers. The fact is that Ford has not included me on any emails or information regarding the status of my Bronco like other customers.

That's not MAS's fault alone but the fault of both MAS and Ford for not providing a purchasing experience consistent with that most other customers have. For example the Ford tracker, the emails regarding the MIC problem, the ability to register with the Off-Rodeo, etc.

However much of the feedback on the forum suggests that this is all my fault, not anyone else's - I should have known better, right?

Are all the other less vocal military auto source customers who are experiencing similar issues at fault too, right?

Some of you get very invested in defending Ford, even as the F up the launch by the numbers.

Wow, if this is all legit, it sounds like an incredibly risky way to buy a car. Something goes wrong and Ford gets to hold your money rather than you? I guess you must have had a reason to make that bargain. This whole Bronco mess sucks.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The problem is they saw you're a Ferrari owner so they know the amount of crap you're willing to put up with from a car manufacturer. 😉
LMFAO... that's so true!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow, if this is all legit, it sounds like an incredibly risky way to buy a car. Something goes wrong and Ford gets to hold your money rather than you? I guess you must have had a reason to make that bargain. This whole Bronco mess sucks.
Ya, I was stationed overseas, didn't have a reservation (totally missed the news being in Japan) and by the time I found out, this was one way to get an allocation that I knew would be built. Even then, the allocations were awarded in a lottery process.

I made a few mistakes in going this route - that's on me 100% - I didn't do enough prior research. Instead, I made the assumption that having been in business as an exchange partner for decades that they would honor their low price guarantee (they haven't yet). I also didn't realize that I would get treated differently than a regular retail order (they don't tell you that or provide you with any way of knowing these are fleet orders). Although additional research probably wouldn't have clued me into that.

However, there are aspects of the program that have made things easier, the ordering process was fairly straight-forward. Although I didn't get the lowest price, I still got a price that was pretty decent. There are things to acknowledge as being ok with the process. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else having gone through it myself, but there are people dealing with worse problems when it comes to purchasing a Bronco.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@mpeugeot, thank you for your service. 🇺🇸 I sympathize with your circumstances and hope you obtain some relief.

You have a legitimate beef, and @Ford Motor Company should review your circumstances and potentially intervene. However, I would suggest that you ask @Administrator to move this side discussion to a new thread, because it is buried in the OP’s thread and is starting to detract from that original topic. Your circumstances really deserve to be elevated and treated as a unique situation.

Just my 2 cents. Thanks for listening.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So...Ford is treating you like you are Canadian!
We haven't received a single email from Ford and contacting the dealer is a painful process IF they bother to return your call and no mailed gifts either! lol

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
My brand new 2021 black diamond over heated today. I have to have it towed to a dealership. It started smoking / fuming. Has this happened to anyone??? It had less than 2k miles

Ford Bronco Brand new bronco overheated today [Updated 8/19] terms and conditions
Have you gotten a loaner?
Sponsored