Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just finished installing the Brandmotion fullvue mirror FVMR-1120. The main reason I installed it was to help the rear visibility when the top is down. It was pretty straight forward install. The only part I was dreading was removing the a-pillar trim, but it was no trouble.
Ford Bronco Brandmotion fullvue mirror 8403A1D6-259C-4DBC-9345-E7B2DFB8C2B6
Ford Bronco Brandmotion fullvue mirror 96B9DEFE-8D6C-40B3-834B-BFE936C54C8B

it is a pretty slick system you get a front camera built in to the mirror and an additional rear camera that mounts on the spare tire carrier. It has a built in dvr with parking function and the rear camera angle is adjustable on the screen.
Sponsored

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How long did it take to install? That’s a great idea.

OP
OP
Bee Bop

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It should only take about an hour / hour and Half. I did it over two days. I did the camera and mirror mounting in about 30 min on Sunday. I finished the wiring today I took my time since this was the first time, I had removed the A-pillar trim on the Bronco, and I did not want to break anything. It really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The hardest part is getting the curtain air bag tether strap clip back in the slot. Be careful when you remove the Sunvisor bolt covers. I did crack mine a little, but you cannot see it. The weird thing is the Bolts that hold the covers for the Curtain bags were not tight at all they were almost finger tight. Here is a link to the install instructions FVMR-1120II.pdf (brandmotion.com).

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
These types of rear view mirrors are fantastic. Should become more standard. I've actually thought about putting one in mine but have yet to do any research on it, so thanks. With my son and booster in back, lose some view. And thinking about the Ford speaker back there, would lose even more. Not sure if yours has any sort of night time mode, ours does and makes it MUCH better when backing up at night.

Our Defender has this stock, which is why I thought about it. Caution for anyone else thinking about it, try it first if you can. I love using it, gives my wife motion sickness. So she never does.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

With the limited rear visibility, every bronco should have this standard. I was thinking the best spot for the camera would be on the top of the 3rd brake light or integrated inside. Too bad there aren't any manufacturers making an add on-cam housing or a replacement brake light assembly.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bee Bop

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@fallguy I agree it should either be standard or at least and option. The reason I got it was because of the limited visibility out the back with the soft top down. @j_anderson I was thinking the same thing. The only issue I see putting it in or on the Third brake light is you would see the spare in the view, especially in the lower viewing angle. I really wish it would integrate with the Factory rear camera.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@fallguy I agree it should either be standard or at least and option. The reason I got it was because of the limited visibility out the back with the soft top down. @j_anderson I was thinking the same thing. The only issue I see putting it in or on the Third brake light is you would see the spare in the view, especially in the lower viewing angle. I really wish it would integrate with the Factory rear camera.
I feel like the factory rear camera is too low of a vantage point. It’s not the same angle/view as what you see looking through an actual mirror but maybe it’s a non issue. Perhaps a provision in the center of the hard top above the rear window. Doesn’t help if you have a soft top though

BulldogBuck

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Bee Bop, do you have the option with this model to flip back to a standard mirror if desired?

OP
OP
Bee Bop

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@BulldogBuck yes there is a button on the bottom of the mirror that will turn off the display and it will function just like a regular mirror.

OP
OP
Bee Bop

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@j_anderson they could add a second camera to the post. The beauty with the mirror is you can slide your finger up or down on the screen and the view you see on the screen will angle up or down as well without moving the camera's physical position.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that's a neat system! I've never used one of these, does it take getting used to the mirror being a screen vs a real mirror? Can't change the perspective by moving your head around. But since this has a button to go back to normal mirror it has me interested. I was just going to get a regular dash cam without the rear view, but now I have to do some more research.

OP
OP
Bee Bop

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Daktari it is different than looking through a regular mirror, but the camera has a 170-degree horizontal viewing angle so you see just about everything behind you.

craq5

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am looking forward to installing this but man the pictures on those instructions are horrible. Can you take photos on where you routed everything??