Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@craq5 See if this helps.
Just installed this using your instructions. Very helpful! Thanks for posting this!

Some of the trim panels were a bear to remove and replace. It's a pretty involved installation with all the panels you have to remove just to get wiring in place. It all works. Just haven't installed the rear camera as I am installing a new bumper with tire carrier soon and didn't want to have to uninstall it and do it again.

FatRat250

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Squatch Lux Hot Pepper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have these in my street car as a factory option. I like them so much I have used two different brands in my jeep. I just installed another one in my bronco. Amazon many versions - although itā€™s fairly hard to get one that has the windshield mount already included.
In my experience I have found the 170Ā° angle lens is a bit wide, and 140 is a bit more natural for a rear mirror style view angle.
I put a photo of the one Iā€™m using currently and itā€™s less than half the price of the brand motion, although youā€™ll notice that the specs are similar. The resolution is actually better on this as I have used at the brandmotion as well (they make a Jeep version too).
I do have to angle the mirror up towards the ceiling so that I donā€™t get additional reflections on the image of the mirror when Iā€™m using the camera. For a while I tried using just a monitor that didnā€™t have a reflective surface but thought I might have trouble with inspections so went with this ā€˜mirrorā€™ style.
Another thing to watch is the width, some of these things are 12 inches wide which is very large. The factory was closer to 10 inches so thatā€™s what I went with. Unfortunately these monitors are a little taller than factory so they donā€™t look exactly like a stock mirror but thatā€™s OK.

Theyā€™re simple enough to wire just run the wire through the windshield header down a pillar and to the rear. One thing I did notice is the connector that takes USB power from the factory dimming near adds a lot of interference. Using it made little lines constantly go down the screen. I decided to do direct wire instead. I actually topped off the 12 V lighter socket inside the consul so that the mirror goes on every time I turn on the ignition.
The only thing thatā€™s a little annoying is the turn on tone that you canā€™t turn off. So every time you start the car thereā€™s a slight delay and a series of chimes plays.

AB22C14B-963D-449F-A142-D6BC02D7DF2F.jpeg

Crash98

Wildtrak
First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Would it be possible to get a picture of your fuse box? I've had this since before they included the taps and it's never quite worked right. it would always show the date as 2054 and would never hold a new date. now that I installed my own taps it seems to let me change the date, then on reboot will reset the date to 2020 upon the GUI loading. the brandmotion people seem stumped too.
Did you ever get the date thing figured out? Mine resers to 2020 everything I restart.

Mishra42

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you ever get the date thing figured out? Mine resers to 2020 everything I restart.
I talked quite a bit with Brandmotion and they said it needs to be RMA'd. They think it's the control box, but I'd talk to them. It sounds like it may be more common.

Sponsored

Crash98

Wildtrak
First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I talked quite a bit with Brandmotion and they said it needs to be RMA'd. They think it's the control box, but I'd talk to them. It sounds like it may be more common.
Thanks. I'll send them a note, too. It's not a huge issue, unless I need to use footage for an insurance claim or something and the date/time stamp is wrong. Did you send yours back?

Mishra42

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. I'll send them a note, too. It's not a huge issue, unless I need to use footage for an insurance claim or something and the date/time stamp is wrong. Did you send yours back?
The problem is it won't store the settings to stay on while parked, which to me is a real problem. I actually got it through 4wp so I'm taking it in tomorrow. They need to handle the rma. Hopefully they only need the mirror and control box.

Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™d love to figure out a way to mount this in the wheel where the top most lug nut void is.

Mishra42

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I took it in to 4WP and Brandmotion is saying they will not send a replacement until the ENTIRE kit including the camera is sent back. Which means I'd need to pay for the labor to have it removed, then reinstalled meaning I'll need to pay for installation 3x. While I realize I could do it myself this is a pretty involved install and I don't trust myself which is why I hired professionals in the first place! I've sent a note to brand motion asking if we can reach a compromise where they send a new kit with a hold against my card if I don't send it back within a certain period of time, but I'm. not hopeful.

I'll keep folks posted but given my experiences with their support so far I'm finding it hard to recommend folks but these kits. I love the idea and capability, but support on the companies end it's very expensive if stuff goes wrong either in Money or Time.

Crash98

Wildtrak
First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I took it in to 4WP and Brandmotion is saying they will not send a replacement until the ENTIRE kit including the camera is sent back. Which means I'd need to pay for the labor to have it removed, then reinstalled meaning I'll need to pay for installation 3x. While I realize I could do it myself this is a pretty involved install and I don't trust myself which is why I hired professionals in the first place! I've sent a note to brand motion asking if we can reach a compromise where they send a new kit with a hold against my card if I don't send it back within a certain period of time, but I'm. not hopeful.

I'll keep folks posted but given my experiences with their support so far I'm finding it hard to recommend folks but these kits. I love the idea and capability, but support on the companies end it's very expensive if stuff goes wrong either in Money or Time.
Thanks for the update. I like the functionality of it. It just sucks this one part of it isn't working. I don't care about parking monitoring as much as having it work when I'm driving.

They want all the cables and wires, too? Or just mirror, camera, and control module?

Sponsored

Mishra42

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the update. I like the functionality of it. It just sucks this one part of it isn't working. I don't care about parking monitoring as much as having it work when I'm driving.

They want all the cables and wires, too? Or just mirror, camera, and control module?
All the cable and modules it sounds like. I'll update when they get back to me.

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I put one of these on my pickup as it has a service cap with no windows. Now I want one for all of my vehicles. It is awesome.

Crash98

Wildtrak
First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I could handle the major components, but the wiring was a major pain to install. I had to remove 10 trim panels it was not simple.

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I need two of these. Itā€™s one thing we miss from my wifeā€™s previous car. We scuffed at it when leasing the blazer. But then we got to absolutely love it. You can see so much more. If you stuff they back full of stuff it doesnā€™t matter you can still see!

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have one of these and really like it, but keep in mind that Brandmotion has a strict MAP/MSRP policy and will not honor the warranty on products sold by any company on their Do Not Sell List. You can save a lot of $$$ from these sellers, but you will be on your own when it comes to warranty issues. Just something to keep in mind.
Sponsored