Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Braptor has shipped-yay! Scheduled to arrive in the next couple weeks. Since it's been so long and the price has gone up, I'm hoping you all can help me figure out what I actually should be paying. My online reservation says:

Ford Bronco Braptor Price Protection 1679351148321

But my window sticker says:
Ford Bronco Braptor Price Protection 1679351217582

Do I have any hope at all of getting it for the lower price?
Sponsored

Eroc88

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I'm not mistaken the braptor doesn't qualify for price protection since it's considered a specialty vehicle.

Two-Track

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, Tesla Model 3; KTM 450 XCF & 300 XC
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My dealer confirmed that my purchase price would reflect the MSRP when I placed the order as long my order doesn't slip to the next model year. I understand that Ford issues a rebate check for the difference. The dealer can net it at sale or send you the rebate check.

By the way, we have very similar builds. If you happen to see another azure gray Bronco Raptor on I-15 it is likely me. Mine was built last week. No confirmation on shipping yet. Fingers crossed I get it before the end of April.

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
From reading other threads, as long as your dealer had a signed & dated order prior to 2/9/23 then they should be able to be reimbursed by Ford for $2800 of the price increase that happened on 2/9 (It was total $3k increase as $200 was destination charge increase, but that isn't covered by the price protection). Now, its up to dealer on whether to offer that to you so the only way to know is to ask the dealer.

Best case, you'll be at 81900 selling price due to the $200 D&D increase. Heck of a lot better than those paying ADMs (like me)

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You will get the lower price as you have already been scheduled. Your dealer should charge you the lower price

Braptor has shipped-yay! Scheduled to arrive in the next couple weeks. Since it's been so long and the price has gone up, I'm hoping you all can help me figure out what I actually should be paying. My online reservation says:

But my window sticker says:

Do I have any hope at all of getting it for the lower price?

Sponsored
OP
OP
c-dubb

c-dubb

Raptor
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You will get the lower price as you have already been scheduled. Your dealer should charge you the lower price
That sounds great to me but what can I point to in terms of official Ford policy that takes the emotion out of it being my opinion vs theirs?

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That sounds great to me but what can I point to in terms of official Ford policy that takes the emotion out of it being my opinion vs theirs?
Just a word(s) of caution…..

You need to be very very specific as to which price increase that your dealer (or helpful folks here) are providing guidance on.

I’m not completely sure, but my understanding is that Raptors as specialty vehicles do not get price protection on the INITIAL (~$5k) price increase for vehicles rolled from 2022 to 2023.

My further understanding is that the 2023 “mid-year” increase in February (~$3k) and March (~$2k) would be price protected for orders rolled over.

But that’s just my understanding, not a fact.. Take it FWIW

Best of luck and glad to see you’re finally getting your truck

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You need to be very very specific as to which price increase that your dealer (or helpful folks here) are providing guidance on.

I’m not completely sure, but my understanding is that Raptors as specialty vehicles do not get price protection on the INITIAL (~$5k) price increase for vehicles rolled from 2022 to 2023.

My further understanding is that the 2023 “mid-year” increase in February (~$3k) and March (~$2k) would be price protected for orders rolled over.

This is correct. You get the price it was when you reordered the 2023 in Sept. There have been 2 increases since then that should be covered.

OP
OP
c-dubb

c-dubb

Raptor
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is correct. You get the price it was when you reordered the 2023 in Sept. There have been 2 increases since then that should be covered.

Thanks this makes me hopeful, but what do I say to the dealer when he points to that window sticker above at $76,580 base and I point at the $73,780 that's on the online system?

Is there something I can point to that says "FORD" on it so it's not a battle of my word vs theirs? Or a specific program I should be talking to them about--is it a reimbursement to them from Ford or something?

(Thanks in advance for your patience.)

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FordVideoGuy and Alpha1_Silverback were kind enough to post the Ford info when both increases came out. In the second link, it explains the PP direct from Ford. I'm sure you can find the Feb 10th increase Ford memo as well but if you don't and the dealer gives you trouble, PM either and they can probably help you.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ncreases-effective-2-10-23.65903/post-1798537

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...00-effective-march-20-2023.68996/post-1849766

It's a big worry for everyone so don't feel bad asking questions. Best to be prepared with as much knowledge as possible.

Autoenthusiast2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ BRaptor, 23’ B/L, 22’ Tundra TRD Pro, 22’Trx
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Can’t believe the price increases…When I ordered our BRaptor in 03/2022 and was suppose to receive a 2022 model the MSRP was $74,515. After my order was bumped to a 2023 model BRaptor the MSRP was $79,500 just shy of a 5k price increase I paid (received NO price protection For model year transition).
Now after just building/pricing a 2023 BRaptor on Ford‘s website today the price of our same build MSRP is $87,245. This is an add’l $7745 increase to the already 5k increase last fall 2022. So a total of a $12,730 total price increase since ordering 03/2022! All I have to say is WOW…

**Update 04/14/2023 my build as of today is now $90,250 so price increase of $15,735 since ordering 03/2022 With $10,750 being since receiving my BRaptor Dec./22

Last edited:

JetG

First Edition
First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Macan Turbo w/PP & 2016 911 Turbo Vert
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My 2022 order had an original MSRP of $79,590 the order got moved to 2023 and then the MSRP was $84,925 and then another bump to $86,000. If I was to build the car today the MSRP is $91K and I paid 10K over sticker so the more they go up the less I actually paid over sticker. Right now I would actually be 5K over stick to order a car exactly how I wanted it.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wouldn't some of the price protections depend on whether you had a signed agreement on price with your dealer? Perhaps honorable dealers might follow PP and/or pass along Ford PP "rebates" to the customer, that said, without a signed purchase agreement, I don't think they would be required to do so.

OP
OP
c-dubb

c-dubb

Raptor
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Wouldn't some of the price protections depend on whether you had a signed agreement on price with your dealer? Perhaps honorable dealers might follow PP and/or pass along Ford PP "rebates" to the customer, that said, without a signed purchase agreement, I don't think they would be required to do so.
I think you're right--this is what it came down to. We had signed the order itself by my sales guy always added in pen: "MSRP (sticker) at time of delivery". So I ended up stuck with the higher price on the sticker. Bugged, but not going to blow the whole thing up over $4k.

In the end, I got it and am smiling like an idiot everywhere I go!

Ford Bronco Braptor Price Protection 1680542975377
Sponsored