Sponsored

Brazil gets what some of us want!!!! in the troller

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Jesus, that is awesome. I would probably order one on the first day orders would be open...

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
Reminds me of the Suzuki jimny... Another little badass offroader we will never get because of our government's heavy handed regulations
I am convinced a simple and cheap (under 20k) offroad SUV would do gangbusters here if someone was brave enough to try.

Sponsored

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am convinced a simple and cheap (under 20k) offroad SUV would do gangbusters here if someone was brave enough to try.
People are registering UTV and Roxxers with Road Kits.
It is possible, but not easy.

HTX1811

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SXT 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I don’t like the grill on the Troller. Reminds me of the 3rd gen Hummer. Not a look I like.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

WTF are you talking about? It is manual transmission only. By Brazilian standards, the 3.2L Diesel is a monster of an engine.
He's talking about the linked article which says, and I quote:

The new Troller TX4 gets an automatic gearbox and 200-hp diesel.

I am pretty sure Suzuki could sell it here if they wanted. They sell them in Europe which has equivalent/more stringent standards than we do.
Europe is in some ways more stringent but, more importantly, different in many ways. Sure the regulations meet the same goals, but they are different regulations. The USA accepts USA compliance only, which means a vehicle that could sell almost anywhere else in the world will require different equipment and different software to comply.

There's an entire US industry dedicated to bring foreign cars to US federal compliance.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So, do the Jimnys actual fail any US standards? I haven't seen any evidence of that...
To answer that question, either Suzuki would need to push it through the official channels or somebody would have to buy a baker's half dozen of them (which will all be crash-tested and then crushed) and partner with an RI/ICI to get them to meet USDOT and USEPA requirements.

As for what specifically will pass or fail? Who knows. Maybe Suzuki knows but I doubt they care about the US market anyway.

Sponsored

DustyD

Base
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The automatic option is really new then. Trollers were manual only for about 20 years. I have actually driven Trollers unlike everyone else on this board.

So, do the Jimnys actual fail any US standards? I haven't seen any evidence of that...
I was referencing the article.

I was also referencing that a lot of people here have made those must-haves for the Bronco at one point or another and would be pissed if one of those options (manual & V8) were not available when it's released.

Last edited:

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People are registering UTV and Roxxers with Road Kits.
It is possible, but not easy.
It's ridiculously easy if you live somewhere that respects your freedoms, instead of treating you like helicopter parents would.

Making a UTV or lawnmower street legal here doesn't require much.

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

This happens a lot with small vehicles, especially diesels. We have the worst emissions, and in order to pass them, small vehicles that work ok in other parts of the world would need to get bigger engines, not always have room for those, more protection, get heavier and so on.

I was making a comparison between the smart here in the US and one in Europe as I was looking at buying a car there (ended up buying a 2001ish 1.3L Fiesta) and it was insane how they went from mid 40s MPGs over there to mid 30s over here, and gained 300 lbs in the process... On a car that small, likely with a very tiny profit, they're just not gonna sell enough to warrant all that re-engineering.

The diesel stuff - the smart has a diesel available in Europe and runs on practically a tea spoon of fuel... We're not gonna see that stuff. If VW, probably the biggest producer of small diesels in Europe, has to cheat to pass our emissions, you can tell how retarded they are.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This happens a lot with small vehicles, especially diesels. We have the worst emissions, and in order to pass them, small vehicles that work ok in other parts of the world would need to get bigger engines, not always have room for those, more protection, get heavier and so on.

I was making a comparison between the smart here in the US and one in Europe as I was looking at buying a car there (ended up buying a 2001ish 1.3L Fiesta) and it was insane how they went from mid 40s MPGs over there to mid 30s over here, and gained 300 lbs in the process... On a car that small, likely with a very tiny profit, they're just not gonna sell enough to warrant all that re-engineering.

The diesel stuff - the smart has a diesel available in Europe and runs on practically a tea spoon of fuel... We're not gonna see that stuff. If VW, probably the biggest producer of small diesels in Europe, has to cheat to pass our emissions, you can tell how retarded they are.
The Jimmy also may very well be being pulled from Europe in 2021 due to emissions requirements (link), so the chances of it working out here are slim. American buyers in general are probably not going to be satisfied with a 100hp 1.4L either.

I will mention though that the european ('imperial') gallon is a different size to the US gallon (1 Imp Gal = 1.2 US Gal), so you can't directly compare their MPG to ours, their numbers will always look better. Not sure if you were taking that into account.
Sponsored