BREAKING: 2020-21 Bronco Teased, 2 & 4 Doors / Hybrid Option Confirmed, Plus Baby Bronco

1. 1972Bronco5.8

1972Bronco5.8 Member

First Name:
    B.
    Vehicle(s):
    1972 Ford Bronco, 2007 Ford Escape
    You have got to be kidding. What is Ford thinking? Enough with the years of teasing already. Is anyone out there enjoying this BS? Every time there is a new tease it just ups my expectations so I think I am being set up for a huge let down. Ford you had better get it perfect at this point. If it doesn't measure up I may have to change brands or just be content with the 45 year old truck I have.

HoosierDaddy likes this.
  2. Mustang313

Mustang313 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Mustang GT (s197)
    Me likey! I think it'll also look terrific as a 4 door model. The boxy greenhouse should look great stretched - tough/rugged but also stylish.

3. 79BKO

79BKO New Member

Redneck Engineer
    First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle(s):
    79 Bronco
    I was thinking this was probably a clay model. But I love the looks so far. Hope it holds true. If it does I want one.

4. Simmy

Simmy Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    All American
    You're right. The administrator quoted this article earlier in the thread. Ford confirmed it's a clay model. Best part is they said that it will look similar to this and this is the design theme for the Bronco. :)

5. frankco2

frankco2 Member

Vehicle(s):
    Tacoma
    Love the direction they are going with this. I would make one change based on the outline of the tarp - make the wheel arches squared and not curved. Gives it a tougher look and less like a traditional car. Oh and take that top off...

6. BHShaman

BHShaman Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2007 Highlander
  7. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    1969 Bronco, 1968 Bronco, 2010 Legacy GT 1985 M1028 (Chevy
    I just got goose bumps. I was ready to write the new Bronco off after soo many articles stating the re-badged Everest thing was going to happen.
    I had planned on comparing whatever Ford churned out called a Bronco to the new Subaru Ascent coming out this summer, then all the Everest chatter happened and I resigned myself to probably just getting the Ascent..... BUT, seeing what may be lurking under that cover has me all giddy now!
    Hot Damn!!!! I'm excited!!!

8. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    1969 Bronco, 1968 Bronco, 2010 Legacy GT 1985 M1028 (Chevy

Really? Seems like EVERYTHING I have read points strongly towards solid axles. I've posted numerous links stating the same on various threads on this site. Stuff from Ford, stuff from Dana, various car magazine articles, etc etc.

Damn straight! Now I'm thinking..."Hmmm, get a 4-door for the wifey and a 2 door for me, daughter will be driving in about 3 years ....." ....scene changes to show my glassy eyed 1000 yard stare while daydreaming .... LOL!

9. MattyIce

MattyIce Member

CNA/RN
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle(s):
    Ford Focus
    I can't wait to see what it actually looks like. The teaser pics look bad ass.

10. PrepVet

PrepVet Member

Vehicle(s):
    A bunch.
    I really don’t get the nipple hardening excitement over the possible outlines under a tarp.

It may be badass, which I hope it is, and has the aggressive looks we want and the ability to back that up. But it is just as likely a chance to look bland as hell and uninspired.

If it looks like that “baby Bronco” or whatever red rendering or pic under the tarp pic then ford can shove it. That is lame.

11. Rain197600

Rain197600 New Member

Vehicle(s):
    Ford fusion
    Ford needs to take the rendering and the concept. If you combine them together I’m sure it would be amazing

471C25EF-F916-4E82-BDF0-FEDBACB6AB20.jpeg

CE4057FE-0CAC-4449-909E-4F47B381FEA5.jpeg

Administrator likes this.
  12. Mustang313

Mustang313 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Mustang GT (s197)
    Agreed. At least the teaser they showed us looks close to the 2004 concept. Definitely seems like they're going for a very boxy design, which I think is a good idea.

13. loubif

loubif Active Member

Look at the windshield angle in the vehicle under wraps, very similar to the 2004 concept but with round wheel wheels and a real window angle more like the 6G concept so I think ford has already combined some of the features of both but who knows, it's all speculation at this point...but damn doesn't the speculation under that muddy tarp look b*d*ss!!!

Rain197600 and Administrator like this.
  14. Rain197600

Rain197600 New Member

Vehicle(s):
    Ford fusion
    If they took the 04 concept and used the front and rear of the rendering it’s checking boxes! Who ever did the rendering could they pull that off? I’m curious.

15. Ocelot

Ocelot Member

Vehicle(s):
    Chevy Tahoe
    +1 would like to see that too. Remember the plan was to build it off the 04 concept but they scrapped that. I hope they don't reinvent the wheel and just work off of that concept and slightly more modern. That would do it for me.