Sponsored

BREAKING: 2020-21 Bronco Teased, 2 & 4 Doors / Hybrid Option Confirmed, Plus Baby Bronco

OP
OP
Administrator

Administrator

Heritage
Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

But I hope that's not just a concept Bronco under there and is the actual production shape we're looking at because I'm loving the spare on the back and the overall shape. I see hood bulge and nicely flared fenders too. :love:
Here's the good news on that, via Jalopnik:

I called up my Ford P.R. contact to see how locked-in and official the shape shown in this picture really is, because it does look too good to be true. He told me that this is not a production car, and may actually be a clay design buck (he said he wasn’t sure). “Since we’re so far away from actual production of the vehicle, we don’t have vehicles yet,” he said, “because we’re still trying to figure out what it’s going to look like, so [designers] use clay to...create different design themes.”

But, while that isn’t a production-level Bronco under the tarp, the shape we see here is similar to what we should expect from the vehicle when it debuts. “Yeah, there might be some changes on it,” he told me, “but it will look similar to that. That’s the design theme for Bronco.”

“What’s under the tarp isn’t super important,” he went on saying. “It was used as kind of a teaser image... to show the shape of what we were trying to convey.” When I asked if it would be okay to assume that the shape here is an indication of what the new Bronco will look like, he said: “Yeah, absolutely.”

So yes, it seems promising that the amazing shape we see in this teaser will carry over to the production model. God I hope it does.
Sponsored

Bronco Bob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Bronco, 1994 Bronco, 2009 F150, 2017 F 250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Broncowski

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And here's a comparison to the Troller.

2020-Ford-Bronco-vs-Troller.jpg
Even under the tarp it's better looking than the Troller. That forward leaning rake is gone and it actually sits tougher. Man I hope like everyone else that shape is retained when they actually build it.

Bronco Bob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Bronco, 1994 Bronco, 2009 F150, 2017 F 250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here you go. Second image is 2004 Bronco concept superimposed on today's teaser image.

2020-Ford-Bronco-vs-2004-Concept.jpg

2004 Bronco concept superimposed on teaser image.

2020-Ford-Bronco-vs-2004-Bronco-Concept-Overlay.jpg
For fun can you do a comparison with Bronco 6g rendering underneath it?

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Plymouth Horizon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
'Lo all. I'm currently standing by to order the new JL, but...
Given enough time/teasers/info, I could very easily be swayed by a 4-door Bronco. It would need: to look badass in at least one configuration; 4 doors and a mostly removable/retractable top; reasonable off-road ability (no, I don't crawl); tech and torque (but don't waste time on a diesel, because we're maybe a decade from banning them anyway). I would definitely take a smaller ecoboost, but a torque-y 6 would be nice. I don't think Ford is even considering solid axles on this one, but a good IFS would be O.K., even though it seriously limits user-friendly mods/lifts. Just give lots of factory options that are Raptor proven and you'll check off most boxes with most buyers. Plus, some healthy competition with the Wrangler would be good for everyone (the JL I've built/planned is north of $55k).
Do it right Ford, and take my money...

Sponsored

FL Trucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Raptor, Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wranglers are a dime a dozen. Nothing against them they own their segment but the Bronco is going to be a stand out if they get the iconic design right and give it good off road chops.

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had just about written the Bronco off as just another SUV but this gives me hope that Ford might not screw this up and actually give us a Bronco that holds true to the original DNA. I would definitely buy one if it comes out looking like this!

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Enhanced a bit to show more details:

Off-Road1.jpg

The Red SUV is a product slotting under the Bronco-been called the Baby Bronco by the Press.

The one under the cover is the actual Bronco

OP
OP
Administrator

Administrator

Heritage
Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The Red SUV is a product slotting under the Bronco-been called the Baby Bronco by the Press.

The one under the cover is the actual Bronco
Correct. Didn't mean to confuse anyone, just edited to make that more clear.

Craig34

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 cj5 ford f150 kawasaki H2
Take the profile of a Bronco G6 and compare there is real hope.

Sponsored
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
'Lo all. I'm currently standing by to order the new JL, but...
Given enough time/teasers/info, I could very easily be swayed by a 4-door Bronco. It would need: to look badass in at least one configuration; 4 doors and a mostly removable/retractable top; reasonable off-road ability (no, I don't crawl); tech and torque (but don't waste time on a diesel, because we're maybe a decade from banning them anyway). I would definitely take a smaller ecoboost, but a torque-y 6 would be nice. I don't think Ford is even considering solid axles on this one, but a good IFS would be O.K., even though it seriously limits user-friendly mods/lifts. Just give lots of factory options that are Raptor proven and you'll check off most boxes with most buyers. Plus, some healthy competition with the Wrangler would be good for everyone (the JL I've built/planned is north of $55k).
Do it right Ford, and take my money...
I don't know who would ban Diesel engines in North America, and even if they do, it only means that they are not going to be able to be sold new. The Government won't be knocking on your door and taking them from you. I believe they will have some sort of hybrid system though. However since this is already a heavy, non-aerodynamic vehicle, a diesel-hybrid would work in this application.

loubif

Threads
Reaction score
To me it looks very similar to the 04 concept which IMHO was what I was always wanting a "new" bronco to look like, looks like the roof line is slightly lower and the wheel wells are rounded which is what I would prefer, if it looks like the 6G render I l still like it but just nor quite as much and if it somehow ends up looking more like a troller, well with a revised early "bronco" front end and a revised rear end as well, that will be my last choice. During the first anouncements of the new Bronco didn't Raj state that the new bronco would come with live axles?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Looks boxy. I like it so far!

Psychoker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit H1L1 170 PS 2.0 EcoBlue Automatic
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Bronco Draw.png
Hey what do you think about my drawing , i am not a professional, i do it just for fun ^^.

On the left side , just the shapes that are clear to see on the photo. And on the right my spirituel thoughts :D

Just the mirror is a little bit weird.
Sponsored