Sponsored

BREAKING: 2020-21 Bronco Teased, 2 & 4 Doors / Hybrid Option Confirmed, Plus Baby Bronco

1972Bronco5.8

First Name
B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Ford Bronco, 2007 Ford Escape
You have got to be kidding. What is Ford thinking? Enough with the years of teasing already. Is anyone out there enjoying this BS? Every time there is a new tease it just ups my expectations so I think I am being set up for a huge let down. Ford you had better get it perfect at this point. If it doesn't measure up I may have to change brands or just be content with the 45 year old truck I have.
Sponsored

Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Bronco Draw.png
Hey what do you think about my drawing , i am not a professional, i do it just for fun ^^.

On the left side , just the shapes that are clear to see on the photo. And on the right my spirituel thoughts :D

Just the mirror is a little bit weird.
Me likey! I think it'll also look terrific as a 4 door model. The boxy greenhouse should look great stretched - tough/rugged but also stylish.

79BKO

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Bronco, 21 Bronco Big Bend SAS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was thinking this was probably a clay model. But I love the looks so far. Hope it holds true. If it does I want one.

Simmy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All American
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was thinking this was probably a clay model. But I love the looks so far. Hope it holds true. If it does I want one.
You're right. The administrator quoted this article earlier in the thread. Ford confirmed it's a clay model. Best part is they said that it will look similar to this and this is the design theme for the Bronco. :)

I called up my Ford P.R. contact to see how locked-in and official the shape shown in this picture really is, because it does look too good to be true. He told me that this is not a production car, and may actually be a clay design buck (he said he wasn’t sure). “Since we’re so far away from actual production of the vehicle, we don’t have vehicles yet,” he said, “because we’re still trying to figure out what it’s going to look like, so [designers] use clay to...create different design themes.”

But, while that isn’t a production-level Bronco under the tarp, the shape we see here is similar to what we should expect from the vehicle when it debuts. “Yeah, there might be some changes on it,” he told me, “but it will look similar to that. That’s the design theme for Bronco.”

“What’s under the tarp isn’t super important,” he went on saying. “It was used as kind of a teaser image... to show the shape of what we were trying to convey.” When I asked if it would be okay to assume that the shape here is an indication of what the new Bronco will look like, he said: “Yeah, absolutely.”

So yes, it seems promising that the amazing shape we see in this teaser will carry over to the production model. God I hope it does.

frankco2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Love the direction they are going with this. I would make one change based on the outline of the tarp - make the wheel arches squared and not curved. Gives it a tougher look and less like a traditional car. Oh and take that top off...

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got goose bumps. I was ready to write the new Bronco off after soo many articles stating the re-badged Everest thing was going to happen.
I had planned on comparing whatever Ford churned out called a Bronco to the new Subaru Ascent coming out this summer, then all the Everest chatter happened and I resigned myself to probably just getting the Ascent..... BUT, seeing what may be lurking under that cover has me all giddy now!
Hot Damn!!!! I'm excited!!!

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think Ford is even considering solid axles on this one,.

Really? Seems like EVERYTHING I have read points strongly towards solid axles. I've posted numerous links stating the same on various threads on this site. Stuff from Ford, stuff from Dana, various car magazine articles, etc etc.

Do it right Ford, and take my money...
Damn straight! Now I'm thinking..."Hmmm, get a 4-door for the wifey and a 2 door for me, daughter will be driving in about 3 years ....." ....scene changes to show my glassy eyed 1000 yard stare while daydreaming .... LOL!

MattyIce

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
I can't wait to see what it actually looks like. The teaser pics look bad ass.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I really don’t get the nipple hardening excitement over the possible outlines under a tarp.

It may be badass, which I hope it is, and has the aggressive looks we want and the ability to back that up. But it is just as likely a chance to look bland as hell and uninspired.

If it looks like that “baby Bronco” or whatever red rendering or pic under the tarp pic then ford can shove it. That is lame.

Sponsored

Rain197600

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford fusion
Ford needs to take the rendering and the concept. If you combine them together I’m sure it would be amazing

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford needs to take the rendering and the concept. If you combine them together I’m sure it would be amazing

Agreed. At least the teaser they showed us looks close to the 2004 concept. Definitely seems like they're going for a very boxy design, which I think is a good idea.

loubif

Threads
Reaction score
Look at the windshield angle in the vehicle under wraps, very similar to the 2004 concept but with round wheel wheels and a real window angle more like the 6G concept so I think ford has already combined some of the features of both but who knows, it's all speculation at this point...but damn doesn't the speculation under that muddy tarp look b*d*ss!!!

Rain197600

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford fusion
Agreed. At least the teaser they showed us looks close to the 2004 concept. Definitely seems like they're going for a very boxy design, which I think is a good idea.
If they took the 04 concept and used the front and rear of the rendering it’s checking boxes! Who ever did the rendering could they pull that off? I’m curious.

Ocelot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If they took the 04 concept and used the front and rear of the rendering it’s checking boxes! Who ever did the rendering could they pull that off? I’m curious.
+1 would like to see that too. Remember the plan was to build it off the 04 concept but they scrapped that. I hope they don't reinvent the wheel and just work off of that concept and slightly more modern. That would do it for me.
Sponsored