Sponsored

BREAKING: 2020-21 Bronco Teased, 2 & 4 Doors / Hybrid Option Confirmed, Plus Baby Bronco

loubif

Threads
Reaction score
If they took the 04 concept and used the front and rear of the rendering it’s checking boxes! Who ever did the rendering could they pull that off? I’m curious.
YES!!! We need something new to gaze at since more than likely we won't see anything solid from Ford for a while.
Sponsored

loubif

Threads
Reaction score
Via Road & Track

"When the teaser image [of the truck under a cover] came out, I though it looked like a Gen-1 Bronco or maybe the 2004 concept," says Michael Clark, the graphics artist responsible for these renderings.

"I was dying to see it uncovered. A few weeks went by and I hadn’t seen anyone take on an overlay project to see what it resembles." So he set to work.

2020-ford-bronco-1.jpg

"I was wondering what you could come up with by reverse-engineering it, building it out from the teaser lines. Kinda like how CSI reconstructs faces from human skulls, or how they rebuild dinosaurs from their skeletons," Clark said.

2020-ford-bronco-2.jpg

"So, starting with Ford’s teaser image, I started working on it in Photoshop," said Clark. "I masked off the obvious roofline, windshield, and hood area first. Cut out the wheel wells next. That was all pretty obvious."

2020-ford-bronco-3.jpg

"I then found a profile shot of the 2004 Ford Bronco concept and overlaid that. The roofline, windshield, and hood were very similar," said Clark.

2020-ford-bronco-4.jpg

Clark's next stage was to build a mock-up using the '04 concept truck profile, aligning it with the shape of the teaser image of the truck under the sheet. As you can see, they were very similar.

2020-ford-bronco-5.jpg

But the '04 Bronco concept wasn't an exact fit. "I had to lengthen the wheelbase, angle the rear hatch area and lengthen the doors a bit," Clark said. He also created new bumpers and repositioned the wheelwells.

2020-ford-bronco-6.jpg

"Since the '04 concept was so close to the teaser, I used much of that detail," Clark said. "The general shape, the hinges and the J-shaped lines on the sides, running up the doors."

2020-ford-bronco-7.jpg

Clark smoothed out the roofline compared to the blunt, ribbed profile of the '04 concept.

2020-ford-bronco-8.jpg

Clark used the wheels from the 2019 Ford Ranger, along with modified Ranger fender flares.

2020-ford-bronco-9.jpg

He added the Bronco fender badge that he originally designed for a different concept rendering he did for Road & Track back in 2016, along with the FX4 rear insignia.

2020-ford-bronco-10.jpg

New side-view mirrors, finished daylight openings, and the gas cap and door handle from the current Ford F150 finish the design.

2020-ford-bronco-11.jpg

Naturally, these unofficial renderings simply represent our best guess at what the 2020 Ford Bronco might look like. Aside from the teaser image of the truck under the sheet, Ford has hardly spilled any details on the new SUV.

2020-ford-bronco-12.jpg

2020-ford-bronco-13.jpg
I am liking this latest render even MORE than the original 2004 concept, this by far IS what the new 2020 Bronco should be IMHO.

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for posting that! I agree that those renders look good.

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I really really want them to keep this simple. I don't want driver aides. I don't need assistance changing lanes. I don't want the car doing anything I didn't tell it to do. I can deal with traction/stability control as long as I'm able to turn it off. Quite frankly ill take switches, knobs and buttons over a display. but i can deal with that....you can do everything right Ford, but if you include automatic braking I won't buy it. KISS. Keep it simple stupid.

Craig34

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 cj5 ford f150 kawasaki H2
I totally agree with you before I buy a vehicle with all that stuff I will spend my money on a used one and make it my dream vehicle.

Sponsored

bigdedition

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 1985 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I want the Bronco for the original purpose it was created for, to be the unbroken horse that can travel the rough terrain and sandy beaches, have the clearance to do so and room for my dogs to hang out in the back with their ears flapping in the wind. I will take some touch screen technology entertainment to go along with the fishing of the ocean shore though.

rod

First Name
rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 dodge ram
I just hope they don't make it look like the new ranger, another me too look alike front end , I wouldn't even consider one that had those hood lines, I think all fenders will just about interchange all different make models with a grill change..

ezrod

Base
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, Blazer, Slingshot, Harley Electra glide
Your Bronco Model
Base
bronco and elio motors have a lot in common. lots of hype but maybe another year away. 2021,2022,2023

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm tired of waiting for announcements from Ford. Gonna order something this Spring unless they make an official statement of what & when!

Sponsored

Playboyshiredhand

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Ford Bronco, 2019 F150 FX4, 2015 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
www.autoblog.com

Is this the 2020 Ford Bronco?

Ranger-based, short wheelbase, even shorter rear overhang ... sure looks like it.
Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}
JOEL STOCKSDALE

Feb 28th 2019 at 2:03PM

MORE PHOTOS

• This could be the Ford Bronco
  • Mystery Ford truck mule spied running around Detroit area
  • Image Credit: KGP Photography

When spy photographers catch prototype vehicles, they usually look weird, with various mismatched body panels, coverings and camouflage. This one, however, is really bizarre and it's a little hard to tell what it is. New Ranger with Hummer H2 SUT-style micro bed? No, we're pretty sure it's the 2020 Ford Bronco.

Our first tip-off is that this is definitely Ranger-based, since it has a full Ranger cab. It also has full truck ride height. We're confident the new Bronco will be Ranger-based, and it will be off-road oriented, hence the need for ground clearance. And since the Baby Bronco is going to be based on the Focus platform, we can rule that out, too.

Then there's the wheelbase and the shape of the back half. The wheels have been moved way forward, which wouldn't benefit a truck, but it sure would improve breakover angle for off-roading. The back half is also filled all the way to the top like an SUV, not a truck. Plus, it's short and ends pretty much right at the rear wheels, which would provide a great departure angle for off-roading.

So there you have it, folks, your first look at the 2020 Ford Bronco. The prototype's body is pretty ugly, but it's really what's under the skin that counts. The final design should be boxy and tough. Also, if it's going to be closely based on the Ranger, we expect it will probably take advantage of the same turbocharged 2.3-liter inline-four found in the U.S.-market Ranger. In that truck, the engine makes 270 horsepower and 310 pound-feet of torque coupled to a 10-speed automatic. That's less power than a Wrangler, but more torque.

Related Video:

Featured Gallery2020 Ford Bronco spy shots
Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

bigdedition

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 1985 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

oh please no!

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
C'mon, this photo has been out for days... where are all the Internet renderguessers? I want new pics based on a microbox pickup, complete with Explorer front end and double-wishbone suspension!
Sponsored