Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How is this one dealer in the know about production issues? He states "we have converted reservations to and locked in your order" (or something very close to that at about :28 seconds in) This a lie... NO ONE has "ordered" a Bronco yet..
Some dealers have already asked customers to submit their build so they can be prepared when ordering begins.
Sponsored

77wimbledon

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f150, 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have not made a reservation yet, so I'm looking at 2023!!! Things look very confusing at this point. Distribution could be a mess concerning who really gets what and in what order. One or two years out in this crazy world is an eternity. Reservations will be cancelled, lives will change. My best option might be a previously owned 2021 Bronco. Fortunately, I can enjoy my sweet 77 until a new one comes my way.

Buckin'Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Alright my question. Who makes the Jeep hardtops I tried to Google didn't really get an answer. I never in my wildest dreams thought Webasto was in china. Thought they were USA based. Interesting!
Webasto is a German supplier. Also has a plant in MI.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Some dealers have already asked customers to submit their build so they can be prepared when ordering begins.
For sure, but that is a bit misleading to the customer as they are not "ordering".. I hear ya, I just think it is a way of setting the hook with us anxious customers who might be trigger happy to cancel or switch dealers

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I will agree that this is annoying about the tips being made in China... always prefer made in the U.S. However, my guess is that Ford literally wasn’t able to find a manufacturer to make it here. Whoever makes Jeep’s hard tops(which do seem to be made in the U.S.) probably doesn’t have the ability to double their capacity in a few short years. And I doubt there was any way to make it themselves or a manufacturer besides Webasto to step up to the plate. Also, I don’t think we should necessarily trust that video 100%. That dude had some seriously erroneous info (estimating when people are getting their Broncos) so I wouldn’t even say it’s even a 100% guarantee the tops are Chinese made. I wouldn’t doubt it but @Used2jeep may be right about the MI plant and them being built there.

Last edited:

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I guess Ford was listening and black was a fantastic choice.

Now we’re back on the gravy train with biscuit wheels.

Last edited:

Sponsored

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m just curious to know with the cut off reservation date for a 2022 model year will end up being.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model