Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I did. I also know that they built a plant in Michigan to supply Ford and Chrysler.

https://fordauthority.com/2019/04/ford-supplier-webasto-to-build-factory-in-michigan/

Also, I looked up the plant and there was a press release from the company about its grand opening last year that stated it was making sunroofs, battery packs, and charging equipment for the Chinese auto market.

This clown just went on the company website and “Oh, they have a facility in Wuhan, that must be it”
To verify what someone else already said, the dude in the video has no idea what he's talking about.
Thanks for the clarification, I thought the guy actually worked at Ford (manufacturing, not dealership). And he brought up COVID so technically the Admin should delete it. His words not mine. ?
Sponsored

NW-Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Officially, summer ends on Sept 22nd in 2021.

Only 9 more months to go!

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks for the clarification, I thought the guy actually worked at Ford (manufacturing, not dealership). And he brought up COVID so technically the Admin should delete it. His words not mine. ?
Completely made up BS is my interpretation of his video... he is just a dealership salesperson that proclaims to know more than anyone else...

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The ford bronco "truck of the future"
Because thats when you get it!
Sign at the Ford dealer says ..... "Your Bronco is coming TOMORROW."
LOL

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fixed it for you?

I agree if mansquatch was MY21 I would most likely get it with lower model but since it’s not I did what Ford wanted and most likely will go BL to get my MY21.
LOL, it apparently all evens out in the end ...I went from Badlands to BaseManSquatch ....and now to Base2.7Squatch.
I jumped up to the 2.7 to nurse my butthurt from the late availability for ManSquatch.
Tired of waiting, if they said 2.3 will be first availability, Eff it, I'll go that route to!!! LOL

NativeSoCal

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 2D Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford knew there was a pandemic going on in March '20 so why did they think there wouldn't be delays. I work in manufacturing and as soon as this started in March, items were being pushed out for weeks, not days then it became months, not weeks. This all happened way before Ford said the Bronco was coming out and they still wanted everyone to believe we could order and get our units in '21. Really. This was a political move to get our interest/money to hopefully keep us going but rest assured, there will be another delay. Dangle that carrot and see how far your customers chase it. I am a big Ford fan and love the Bronco (mine is still reserved) but this is just a bad move by Ford. They can stop blaming the pandemic now.
Not saying Ford did everything perfectly, but looking back to March and the "2 weeks to flatten the curve," I don't think any of us could have imagined that the shutdown would still be going on nine months later.

jddunfee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not saying Ford did everything perfectly, but looking back to March and the "2 weeks to flatten the curve," I don't think any of us could have imagined that the shutdown would still be going on nine months later.
I agree with that but in July, we all knew this was going to last a while. Either way, what's done is done and we can just keep saving more money ?

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure this is a good thing, now this gives Ford lawyers more time to review everything and say other accessories CANNOT be added due to GVWR.

Want painted door handles, that’s nope now cause the extra .001 weight of paint on the handles could be too much.

Want the pull out rear shelf, that’s a nope too, it’s metal and heavy.

‘How bout that real nice tray for cooking on the back swing out door, nope for that also.

Rear metal bumper on WildTrak, that’s a nope too.

This is sarcastic but sheesh.
Yeah, I get it. But it makes me wonder, all the work done to make the doors light and other main components as light as possible (as stated in a previous video), there's still going to be a ground weight issue? Seems odd.

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Shit,

I'm basically double screwed. Going with two late delivery items. Black mod and tailgate. I need to start shifting my energy elsewhere. Oh yeah thats right, I'm getting married and buying a house in 2021 lol
The man with the plan.

Sponsored

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have two FE'S reserved, my wife's not getting her's. But I don't think you can transfer them.
I think he mean't he was going to buy it and resell it immediately

-=[P@]=-

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger 4.0L, '18 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since we're looking at most of us getting late '21 to '22 deliveries, My thought is call the First editions '21 & 1/2 and the rest '22MY. Like when Mustangs started, it would be a nice twist. It just seems lame to buy a 21MY in '22.

Anyhow, with more delays and more preproduction's out there can Ford up the public showings so we can see them live before ordering. It Probably won't change my order, but just saying, it would help appease this Ford lover that's starting to feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick that football... This time I'm going to get it!

Last edited:

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just spitballing here.. because I have no clue

I wonder if there are design issues with the hard tops due to the unique design of the frameless bronco doors. I’m sure the supplier Ford is using has dealt with Jeep but nothing similar to what Ford is trying to do with their door concepts...

Just thinking out loud..

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m just curious to know with the cut off reservation date for a 2022 model year will end up being.
Tough to determine.
On one hand, everything is being delayed later by a few months.
On the other hand, there will be more reservation cancellations, moving your date up.
I'm a late August res, was figuring late fall/winter '21....... now it looks like it could easily be pushed into 2022..... over one year from now!

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is good news to me, More time to save (Bronco Bucks!)tm, lol. Pay this 50,000 vehicle down!
I would prefer to be driving my Bronco while paying it down.
Sponsored