First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People with no real knowledge were guessing as to what it could/might/would be and posting it on the internet. Same as all the photoshops of F150 as as modern 2-door full size broncos. Those were all over the internet too, but that design was never under consideration.

Just because you saw it on the internet.........

True, but I think its a pretty logical conclusion. 4 years ago they didn't just walk into the Detroit auto show and decide to build a Bronco, before they announced it you know that plenty of research to make sure it was feasible and would make money had to happen before that decision was made.

Many believe that this would be the Everest and if it would have been, having it soon after Ranger would have been possible and it would have been out a 1-2 years ago which is a reasonable timeline comparable to other new launches, if not a little longer. Many think that all the pictures of retro Bronco's on the internet and excitement they caused made Ford reconsider and develop the Bronco we're getting now, hence the long delay.

I choose to believe that because the other option is that Ford's development team is completely incompetent and takes them almost 5 years after announcement (which I suspect already had a year or two of time involved first) to start selling units.
Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Many think that all the pictures of retro Bronco's on the internet and excitement they caused made Ford reconsider and develop the Bronco we're getting now, hence the long delay. I choose to believe that because the other option is that Ford's development team is completely incompetent and takes them almost 5 years after announcement (which I suspect already had a year or two of time involved first) to start selling units.
One of the Ford management types posted in early '19 that Bronco design/development had been done in Australia...and that once Ford's senior management saw what they'd come up with, it was determined to be such a clone of Wrangler, that lawsuits would ensue. Sounds to me like time was wasted for lack of oversight

MattECDNdealer

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Demo: 21 Bronco BL (2dr 2.3 MT) Toy: 04 TJ Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
years ago they didn't just walk into the Detroit auto show and decide to build a Bronco, before they announced it you know that plenty of research to make sure it was feasible and would make money had to happen before that decision was made.

Many believe that this would be the Everest and if it would have been, having it soon after Ranger would have been possible and it would have been out a 1-2 years ago which is a reasonable timeline comparable to other new launches, if not a little longer. Many think that all the pictures of retro Bronco's on the internet and excitement they caused made Ford reconsider and develop the Bronco we're getting now, hence the long delay.

I choose to believe that because the other option is that Ford's development team is completely incompetent and takes them almost 5 years after announcement (which I suspect already had a year or two of time involved first) to start selling units.
Here is an interview with the Bronco Chief Designer, I'll take his word over internet conjecture about development timeline. He talks a little about the design timeline starting around the 12 minute mark:

"We hadn't really put pen to paper when it was announced at NAIAS 2017"

24 months development time for the automotive industry is considered "very fast". I wouldn't expect a halo type vehicle such as the Bronco to be developed in that type of timeframe. Before someone says how it should have been shorter because the "platform" is based on the Ranger, this is FAR more than just a reskin of a Ranger or Everest to make it look like a Bronco.

MattECDNdealer

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Demo: 21 Bronco BL (2dr 2.3 MT) Toy: 04 TJ Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One of the Ford management types posted in early '19 that Bronco design/development had been done in Australia...and that once Ford's senior management saw what they'd come up with, it was determined to be such a clone of Wrangler, that lawsuits would ensue. Sounds to me like time was wasted for lack of oversight
That would be completely contrary to interviews with designers etc. that I've seen. Watch the video I posted above.

Got a link to where the "management type" posted that?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2019 comment....no link, but a good memory. Different ford folks have dipped in/out of this forum....Carmaker1, LAtuxmec?, obvious creds, but don't recall who. Obviously well before covid

Sponsored

Carmaker1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE 4dr (His), '22 Bronco 7MT (Mine)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have tried to search here and confirm if already mentioned, but just wanted folks to know start of production is now May 3, 2021 and no longer March 22, 2021.

This can mean 6-8 weeks to delivery, particularly if our suppliers are able to get back in the groove quicker and the pandemic is virtually a non-factor by May.

Some orders might instead take up to 12 weeks, as it varies.

U725Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have tried to search here and confirm if already mentioned, but just wanted folks to know start of production is now May 3, 2021 and no longer March 22, 2021.

This can mean 6-8 weeks to delivery, particularly if our suppliers are able to get back in the groove quicker and the pandemic is virtually a non-factor by May.

Some orders might instead take up to 12 weeks, as it varies.
Thanks for the intel! Do you know if First Editions will be built first or would a Badlands with the same reservation number be built at roughly the same time?

DoubleA13440

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel your pain brother. This was about 10 years ago but I got laid off for a year and my credit took the biggest drop. Took years to build back up

For now-- Try the Experian app. Gives you an idea where your credit will be in a year (when the Broncos will finally arrive at dealerships ?) if you submit pymts on time. But you also can use experian boost to gain 12 points or so.
Yeah but I already have a reservation. Supposed to get to convert to order in January, so ill need to

od credit score in
I feel your pain brother. This was about 10 years ago but I got laid off for a year and my credit took the biggest drop. Took years to build back up

For now-- Try the Experian app. Gives you an idea where your credit will be in a year (when the Broncos will finally arrive at dealerships ?) if you submit pymts on time. But you also can use experian boost to gain 12 points or so.
Yeah man but I already have a reservation and it will be converted to a order in January, so I dont have a year to wait for good credit. I mean is 6

Yeah man but I have a reservation and will be converted to order in January, so im just hoping a 640 credit score is good enough. I mean I make enough to afford a few of these things if I want ....but no one looks at that shit. Its all about credit

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah but I already have a reservation. Supposed to get to convert to order in January, so ill need to

od credit score in

Yeah man but I already have a reservation and it will be converted to a order in January, so I dont have a year to wait for good credit. I mean is 6

Yeah man but I have a reservation and will be converted to order in January, so im just hoping a 640 credit score is good enough. I mean I make enough to afford a few of these things if I want ....but no one looks at that shit. Its all about credit
They won't look at your credit until it comes time for you to drive the Bronco off the lot. You have time to add a few points. Maybe 20 or 30

DoubleA13440

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They won't look at your credit until it comes time for you to drive the Bronco off the lot. You have time to add a few points. Maybe 20 or 30
Thanks man. Appreciate the information

Sponsored

Stevegp

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 mustang gt. F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I started Experian 4 months ago and have already gained 40 points. Its all about linking utility bills to autopay through your checking.
Every bank has a cash card/visa option specifically designed to rebuild your credit. My $500 limit cashcard boosted my credit significantly.
You have plenty of time before picking up your ride to increase your score

Khayze427

Badlands
First Name
Hayes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is an interview with the Bronco Chief Designer, I'll take his word over internet conjecture about development timeline. He talks a little about the design timeline starting around the 12 minute mark:

24 months development time for the automotive industry is considered "very fast". I wouldn't expect a halo type vehicle such as the Bronco to be developed in that type of timeframe. Before someone says how it should have been shorter because the "platform" is based on the Ranger, this is FAR more than just a reskin of a Ranger or Everest to make it look like a Bronco.
Great video, thanks.

DoubleA13440

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I started Experian 4 months ago and have already gained 40 points. Its all about linking utility bills to autopay through your checking.
Every bank has a cash card/visa option specifically designed to rebuild your credit. My $500 limit cashcard boosted my credit significantly.
You have plenty of time before picking up your ride to increase your score
Thanks man I appreciate the I information. I have tried the Experian thing and where they ask for my bank information they say to check back bc my bank isn't on their list. I bank with first source credit union so I dont understand why

Carmaker1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE 4dr (His), '22 Bronco 7MT (Mine)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, needs updated tho to push back Truck a few years
I have to agree. The survey was like slamming on the brakes and nobody was wearing a seat belt. Some of the pricing is way too high, roofs in particular. I never plan to go off road, so if Ford over prices it, I have no problem moving on to something else with more attractive pricing and incentives.
Problems were evident long before any of us even heard of Wuhan. Hell, they wasted a year in Australia (2018??) developing the Wrong Bronco. To me, appears to be under resourced effort. Might stem from financial difficulties or management inertia; who knows. Then Covid came along and exacerbated the situation.

Businesses usually resource & manage individual revenue lines differently. Easy to see 150s are the cash cow.
Not accurate, that never happened. Always been a shared effort and anything U725 has been on target. So many BS rumors between Blue Oval faithful and news media confusing folks.

LOL, that would be me. It was a shared effort between Australia and Dearborn. Dearborn handled tophat without any Australia input. U725 planning did indeed start in 2015, but design wasn't quite in progress in the formal U725 program until early 2017. Final design approval was exactly 2.5 years ago in mid-2018 and a little bit earlier for Bronco Sport. I mentioned this 2 years ago.

Any photos you see of pre-final design development , are from 2017 and 2018. U725 Design Freeze was definitely by November 2018 IIRC, meaning at that point, all production sheet metal was done and it was a dead ringer for the real thing. It narrowly missed the October 2018 dealer conference in Vegas, so a shadow was shown instead behind the Bronco Sport.

The core styling effort was roughly 1.5 years, but the goal was to develop the final design freeze buck within 2 years into a production vehicle by December 2020. By the time it enters production, almost 3 years would have elapsed when the Ford family, Hackett, Callum, and the rest of the board approved the final Bronco (pre design freeze stage) in 1:1 scale in the summer of 2018.

That would be completely contrary to interviews with designers etc. that I've seen. Watch the video I posted above.

It was me, the thread is still here somewhere. I posted it on February 1, 2019, but had been commenting on it since late 2018.

2019 comment....no link, but a good memory. Different ford folks have dipped in/out of this forum....Carmaker1, LAtuxmec?, obvious creds, but don't recall who. Obviously well before covid
It was me LOL.

Thanks for the intel! Do you know if First Editions will be built first or would a Badlands with the same reservation number be built at roughly the same time?
Likely First Edition, as my fiancée FE is coming before mine.
Sponsored