Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not accurate, that never happened. Always been a shared effort and anything U725 has been on target. So many BS rumors between Blue Oval faithful and news media confusing folks.

LOL, that would be me. It was a shared effort between Australia and Dearborn. Dearborn handled tophat without any Australia input. U725 planning did indeed start in 2015, but design wasn't quite in progress in the formal U725 program until early 2017. Final design approval was exactly 2.5 years ago in mid-2018 and a little bit earlier for Bronco Sport. I mentioned this 2 years ago.

Any photos you see of pre-final design development , are from 2017 and 2018. U725 Design Freeze was definitely by November 2018 IIRC, meaning at that point, all production sheet metal was done and it was a dead ringer for the real thing. It narrowly missed the October 2018 dealer conference in Vegas, so a shadow was shown instead behind the Bronco Sport.

The core styling effort was roughly 1.5 years, but the goal was to develop the final design freeze buck within 2 years into a production vehicle by December 2020. By the time it enters production, almost 3 years would have elapsed when the Ford family, Hackett, Callum, and the rest of the board approved the final Bronco (pre design freeze stage) in 1:1 scale in the summer of 2018.

It was me, the thread is still here somewhere. I posted it on February 1, 2019, but had been commenting on it since late 2018.

It was me LOL.

Likely First Edition, as my fiancée FE is coming before mine.
Thanks for your comments above. Any chance you’re privy to beta that would suggest reservation holders will see professional photos of all MY21 colors, outdoors in the sun, with the MIC top installed before the order conversion window ends? I’ve been hunting for 2D Sasquatch photos in Rapid Red, Carbonized Gray, velocity blue & Iconic Silver

Thank you & good luck out there.

Nels
Sponsored