First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sasquatch Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Was really hoping they would as I wanted the Wildtrak but just can't do that interior. Was kind of execting the time line changes, don't really have a problem with that.
honestly, if they added all black to the wild track, it'd be such an easy choice.
Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So that is the question - if we want to slip to MY 22, how do we do that?

If we switch to Granger or Stephens for a locked in price deal - then we risk the allocation model. If we stick with the local guys (not change) and then wait for the MY 22 window, we're at their "mercy" on pricing, but will be more able to get into line when the time comes ...

I wasn't going badmansquatch, but I sort of flipped based on the wheel offset specs of the optional badlands wheels and the clearance for wider tires. (I could always run 30mm spacers, but there is always hope for the white roof in MY 22.)
Easy. Order a bunch of late delivery items

Sponsored

3Dogs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Escape, 2000 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 7/16 reservation date.
It would be kinda nice to take delivery by mid-August, since that would be during my 60th birthday, but if it slips it’s not the end of the world.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s my hope but my Dealer- granger has 100s of orders... I’m not sure how the ordering will go as far as who gets priority at the order window
It doesn't matter if you are the first to get your order into Granger or the last as long as you get it in before the ordering deadline. Your dealer does need time to make the order, so I wouldn't wait until the last day, especially with number of orders that Granger will be making. The production of the vehicle will be based upon the original reservation. If you know what you want, get your build in early so they have time to process it.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Everyone needs to relax, Ford has only been building vehicles for 117 years, you can’t expect them to get this right the first time.

Broncojeff

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500, 2020 GT350 R
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Fordpass points are given with every new sale that you activate the model (smartphone remote start features). They give 42,000 points (they give more for diesels). That equals $210. You can use them for maintenance or accessories. No idea how many extra points this will give people. Last year for black Friday Ford gave double points, so that would be my guess.
Ever wonder why the sales person/dealership pushes so hard for you to activate Ford Pass? They'll know everything about you, your car and your driving habits. Might even use it to deny a warranty claim or given to the attorneys in a lawsuit. Not a conspiracy theorist, but they have to pay me a whole more than $210 for that info thank you.

Sponsored

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well there goes my dream to get it while it's still warm(ish) out..

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well, 2020 marches on. This delay wasn't entirely unexpected, but I get why some folks are frustrated. I'd love to have a new Bronco sitting in my garage right now, but that ain't happening. No big deal; I can still drive my Subie. I do hope that Ford is going to lean in a bit more with ongoing official communication about the Bronco. I think that will help some of the unease folks are feeling.

I agree Ford pretty much ought to scrap the 2021MY at this point and just make them all 2022MY. That may also simplify the ordering process.

Other changes I'd like to see:
  • Ventilated seat option (leather and MGV)
  • Power seat option for MGV (already an option for leather)
  • Black interior option across all trims
  • Ability to order sound-deadening roof liner with any configuration
  • Ability to order roof rack with any configuration
If I remember others, I may add them here later.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So that is the question - if we want to slip to MY 22, how do we do that?

If we switch to Granger or Stephens for a locked in price deal - then we risk the allocation model. If we stick with the local guys (not change) and then wait for the MY 22 window, we're at their "mercy" on pricing, but will be more able to get into line when the time comes ...

I wasn't going badmansquatch, but I sort of flipped based on the wheel offset specs of the optional badlands wheels and the clearance for wider tires. (I could always run 30mm spacers, but there is always hope for the white roof in MY 22.)
Yeah, would be nice if our reservation gave us a "not before" build date that we could then pick a date any time there or after. I was hoping an August delivery could make for a road trip with certain events going on at the time (though who knows if COVID will kill those ?). But if I wasn't going to get it until say October/November, I'd just as soon wait for a MY22 with hopes of a black or white or body-color top option.

I think we'll basically be clueless until May when we get the delivery window, by which time I would imagine we won't be able to do anything about it. Maybe I'll just have to plan a different trip. :)