toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They're not going to get that settled in 6 weeks. The bellhousing pattern on the 2.3L is different than the 2.7L. The 7-speed, from what has been posted here, does not have a separate scattershield. It's a several months at the minimum problem to get a new casting made, new parts designed to handle the higher torque, everything tested, then retested and certified. It could take a year, two or never happen if they can't make the business case for it.
We have until late 2021 and most likely 2022 if they want to make it a late option like mansquatch so they might as well do it now.
Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I completely agree. I just know if I saw that interior and no other option I would've been thinking about bailing or at least building a Badlands. Here we are nearly 5 months later and Ford decides to offer another interior option for FE. It's just pathetic, it should've been there from the start. If you go to any other vehicle line there are interior choices, except on Base and in this case FE. It was odd from the beginning, imo.
No lies detected

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Got sidetracked with the big info, but rereading I just noticed this:

1. Customer places order and agree to selling price with dealer between mid-January through March 19, 2021. Note: Bronco will not have online order conversions and will require dealers to place order

So with no order conversions, each one will be a fresh order, not tied to your reservation directly, so this confirms what they told us in September where the dealer will be doing the priority of the orders, not Ford.
Isn't that just saying you can't convert your reservation online and need to visit the dealer to do it? Some thought they would be able to order online and not need to visit the dealer. It sounds like they're just making that point clear.

Lou

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks like they may need to start looking at discount prices for the ones who stay with their reservation the whole time. Hell MY23 is not off the table at this point lol

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They should've had the hybrid ready to go at launch, if you ask me. This now puts Rivian in play, too
Wait, what??? Rivian isn't anything like a Bronco.

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most of these delays/points could have been predicted by a pragmatic individual months ago.

• 6 weeks of production delay given covid. Frankly they could have said 8-12 weeks and it would still smell about right
    • PS: the other 6 week delay will be announced in 4 months
  • Squatch+MT gets delayed when it was never going to be a MY21 option
  • FORD NEVER LISTENS TO THEIR CUSTOMERS!!!! NAVY PIER IS STUPID. Ford fixed it, nobody wants to congratulate Ford for listening/acting? Navy Pier will probably outsell black interior on 1st editions 2:1. Talk with your pocket book, not your keyboard.
All the salty remarks about this being a botched job given the global realities of launching a new product during Covid:

tenor[1].gif
Wow! Would you look at that! The only pragmatic and logical person in this forum. I agree with you!

Brock27

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I call complete BS on the Covid reason for delay ... I work in an industry that has just as much supply chain issues (domestic and international) and we're expected not to delay a single day / hour on any deliverable. I think it's just popular to blame something that nobody questions. We'll all live with the delay, but still ...
I'd agree with you. It seems the 'covid is the reason we can't deliver on time' excuse is here to stay for the foreseeable future. However a later delivery means they *might* show the Warthog before my BL is built, which could save me a lot of decision troubles.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't believe no one has mentioned the light gray MGV interior and their desire to have it available as a result of the delay. I'll be the first to beg for it for MY2022!

Ford Bronco Breaking news: January ordering, Summer delivery, Black First Edition interior, no manual Sasquatch & more 2021-ford-bronco-4-door-115-1594323468

Sponsored

NurseDan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I can't believe no one has mentioned the light gray MGV interior and their desire to have it available as a result of the delay. I'll be the first to beg for it for MY2022!

Ford Bronco Breaking news: January ordering, Summer delivery, Black First Edition interior, no manual Sasquatch & more 2021-ford-bronco-4-door-115-1594323468
Gets my vote too! Only thing that would convince me to move up the trim ladder from my Big Bend.

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I wonder if we are gonna have more time to change dealers now?
Sponsored