Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I missed something didn’t I? lol.

Black interior sounds nice. Still not sure it’s worth the extra money though.
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I never in my wildest dreams thought Webasto was in china. Thought they were USA based. Interesting!
“The Webasto Group, headquartered in Stockdorf near Munich, has over 50 locations around the world – with over 30 of these being manufacturing plants.”

Ford Bronco Breaking news: January ordering, Summer delivery, Black First Edition interior, no manual Sasquatch & more D5B46AD0-F1C4-4F63-BF33-44AABCCA0B3B

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I will agree that this is annoying about the tips being made in China... always prefer made in the U.S. However, my guess is that Ford literally wasn’t able to find a manufacturer to make it here. Whoever makes Jeep’s hard tops(which do seem to be made in the U.S.) probably doesn’t have the ability to double their capacity in a few short years. And I doubt there was any way to make it themselves or a manufacturer besides Webasto to step up to the plate. Also, I don’t think we should necessarily trust that video 100%. That dude had some seriously erroneous info (estimating when people are getting their Broncos) so I wouldn’t even say it’s even a 100% guarantee the tops are Chinese made. I wouldn’t doubt it but @Used2jeep may be right about the MI plant and them being built there.
The plant I use to work for had a mold injection area. But they molded door handles. They are also a sister company to Toyota. Called Aisin Manufacturing. They could of been a business for tops if they could of got the equipment.

Sponsored

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

“The Webasto Group, headquartered in Stockdorf near Munich, has over 50 locations around the world – with over 30 of these being manufacturing plants.”

Ford Bronco Breaking news: January ordering, Summer delivery, Black First Edition interior, no manual Sasquatch & more D5B46AD0-F1C4-4F63-BF33-44AABCCA0B3B
Well wherever they are at. I wish them the best! They kick some Covid butt! Get things back to normal.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Breaking news: January ordering, Summer delivery, Black First Edition interior, no manual Sasquatch & more 4318DE71-E215-4278-BDCA-EF86C9845FEC

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base

Ford Bronco Breaking news: January ordering, Summer delivery, Black First Edition interior, no manual Sasquatch & more 4318DE71-E215-4278-BDCA-EF86C9845FEC
Webasto makes a lot of OEM and aftermarket parts.
Some have very small runs.

I wouldn't get too wound up on all of their locations.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thank you I appreciate that!

I’m actually doing the human powered version called the Iditarod trail invitational, basically I’m my own dog, pulling a sled with survival equipment, all my food and shelter I will need for a 1000 miles to Nome....
Ford Bronco Breaking news: January ordering, Summer delivery, Black First Edition interior, no manual Sasquatch & more 1607137096433

Sponsored

dnvrBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Outback, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I may not be able to wait this long. We all know what "by Summer" means. It means before Halloween-ish. I just spent money fixing another thing on my truck. I may have to buy another vehicle before Ford ever decides to build a Bronco.
Might not work in Florida, but in Colorado you can buy a 4Runner, drive it around for two years, then sell it for about $3k less than you bought it. Cheaper than any lease out there.

Funksurfsoul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've got two reservations (one for me and one for my wife), so I hope her order will have the painted top available. I'm tempted to hold off until MY22 for mine since I really want the badlands without the orange trim - maybe a plain trim accent color will be available with MY22.
I hear ya. I’m ready to go full out on a 2 door Manual Badlands with High Pkg, Sasquatch and Black Mod Top - but never been huge on the orange trim on the seats (MGV)
But here’s to hopes they at least change the stitching.
I’d opt for a 2.7 manual if that was on the table as well, otherwise will still take the 2.3 - but honestly, at this point I’d be surprised if much changes between models at that point.
how about a slide out tail gate and a soft top for the 2 door.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
the 21’s just became collectible down the road, like a 64 1/2 mustang
This keeps getting brought up. There is no such thing as a 64 1/2 Mustang. The earliest Mustang title says 1965. So calling the new Bronco a 2022 (if it’s produced before Sept of 2021) would make the Bronco more like the Mustang introduction in April of 1964. Early 1965 Mustangs had some trim differences from later 65 Mustangs.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model