Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He lost me at chasm I've owned 5 Broncos and 4 heeps, my wife currently has a JKU I built, the void is between those who wheel and those who pose, (my wife)
Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Oh manā€¦donā€™t get me going on the Scout. Those damn vacuum powered wipers. The spring perches that constantly break. Scouring the paper every Sunday looking for parts. Even if you didnā€™t need them because you knew you would eventually - and youā€™d never be able to find them when you did. But that little SOB would climb a tree if I asked it to!

But alasā€¦.it wasnā€™t a chick magnet so I moved on. Because ā€chicksā€ were more important at that age.

Nowā€¦Iā€™m old. And the wife wouldnā€™t let me chase the chicks anymore even if I wasnā€™t and I wish I had the Scout back.

Maybe thatā€™s why I was so attracted to the 2 Door Bronco. I agree that Ford designers had to be looking at the Scout when they designed the original Bronco. Maybe, on some subconscious level, I was trying to get the old Scout back.
We actually had two Scouts, first my mothers black '66, with the dual 10 gal tanks and the tractor transmission, then my first bought car, a '75 with Auto and A/C! The only off roading we did was on Cape Cod beaches, so the only maintenance issue was rust on the '66. I left the Cape for work on the 1980s, and then in the 1990's returned with a family and the more useful Big Bronco!

Race Pt Bronco 1994.jpg

MrOzMan

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just run what you brung and have fun. Took a friendā€™s Armada up Snake Creek Rd in Midway, UT. Came across a kid with his dad in a shiny Wrangler Sport. They were shocked we could go where they could. I was shocked he was willing to get some dirt on their shiny Jeep. Haha.

BeauTheBronco22

Outer Banks
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Chevy Tahoe, '85 JEEP CJ-7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So what happens when my husband is a Jeeper and I'm bringing home my Bronco today? House divided I guess! :p

Sponsored

JohnnyBoots

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XJ, BMW Z4, Mini Clubman JCW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing against the crew here (or any groups that want to run 1 vehicle type) but I've always had way more fun camping and off roading when guys are running all kinds of gear. Tackling obstacles with a propane powered Toyota...Yessss please. Talking about swapping xj axles with a guy in a TJ, awesome. It's gets boring when you sit in 1 bubble.

jbellousux

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜13 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a crazy and ignorant teen, I did shit in a VW Thing that Iā€™d never due to any vehicle I own now. That little RWD SOB with a rear mounted engine would go just about anywhere that a 4WD rig would go. It was damn-near indestructible. And although my Badlands has rubber floors with drain plugs and MGV seats, I doubt Iā€™ll ever hose out the interior at the car wash like I did with that Thing.
For me off-roading is more a state-of-mind than about any particular vehicle. But I do love my Bronco!

Fordmanfrombirth

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Many thoughts in this thread. Let's acknowledge that the Ford engineers went to the Wrangler and figured out, in terms of marketing and engineering, what (people think) Jeep did right, did wrong, included, or left out--and designed accordingly. Thus: the Bronco we love dearly.

So we owe a lot to the Jeep pedigree. Also, the Wrangler spawned a huge supply chain of aftermarket technology, accessories, and options: and we Bronco aficionadas are just catching up.

One last thought: when I'm checking out an area for offroading, I search "Jeep Trails," because they've already blazed those trails.

Tip of the hat to all you Jeepsters!

PS: It was an Explorer :rolleyes: that pulled me out of the muck in the playa off Utah's Pony Express Historic Byway.
Seriously? And to think I traded my 2011 Explorer 4WD for my Bronco. well my mistakešŸ˜‚

Fordmanfrombirth

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I very nearly bought a Jeep. For some reason I didnā€™t pull the trigger. To be honest, it just didnā€™t fit or feel right. Glad I waited. At the time, Bronco reborn was nothing more than a concept vehicle. Bronco fits and feels perfect. I havenā€™t felt this way about a vehicle since my first Mustang. I am happy to play with the Jeepers and learn from them. All around off roaders are a good group, well except for Subarus. Canā€™t abide Subarus. Too low to the ground and look like station wagons.šŸ¤”
Sponsored