First Name
Good Try FBI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How much were the ADV Fiberglass fenders? They looks amazing!
Sponsored

Reactions: Dom
OP
OP
Bonnie6G

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How much were the ADV Fiberglass fenders? They looks amazing!
Thanks. The fenders were $750 for the fronts, $1250 for the rears. Also got wheel well liners for the front which were around $300 I think. All worth every penny in my opinion!

FotoBroncoDan

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've seen this rig in person - super dope build, color is amazing.

Sponsored

Gatlinz

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, F-250, Edge and soon to be Bronco!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How it started:
02EF6BBB-F518-41FD-BC73-EA178B1A0E6A.jpeg

and how it’s going:
CADAF399-297E-41A9-81B6-FCE4EEEBE845.jpeg

FFA2E95B-7379-4588-85DB-69533BDD9AEC.jpeg

D1954CE4-F128-42CC-9458-381D04F37961.jpeg

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Mods so far:
- ADV Fiberglass Fenders
- Custom 1969 Brittany Blue paint
- American Racing Outlaw II, +18 offset, 17”
- J-Tops Bimini Shade
- Wouxun kg1000-g GMRS radio
- Brandmotion rear-view mirror/cam
- ARB Twin compressor under hood mount
- Diabolical Slipstream cargo security enclosure
- StickerFab accents
- Auto Start/Stop Eliminator
- Forscan’d the chimes away

Mods coming soon:
- Rockslide Engineering step rails
- Rockslide Engineering tailgate table
- Baja Designs triple fog light kit
- Redline Tuning hood struts
- probably more

Nice mods!!! where were these pics taken, i am down in COlorado springs and need to find these trails

OP
OP
Bonnie6G

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice mods!!! where were these pics taken, i am down in COlorado springs and need to find these trails
Thanks! The trail pics were in Moab, UT. A bit of a drive from the Springs, but worth a long weekend visit for sure.

JackFlack

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love your build! I'm just getting around to installing my Kg1000 in my bronco. I never thought of putting the body in the back cubby. I like the mic plug in the console. But where did you mount the faceplate? Did I miss that picture? One more question. Do you have any problems/worry about heat with the body in that small compartment?

OP
OP
Bonnie6G

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love your build! I'm just getting around to installing my Kg1000 in my bronco. I never thought of putting the body in the back cubby. I like the mic plug in the console. But where did you mount the faceplate? Did I miss that picture? One more question. Do you have any problems/worry about heat with the body in that small compartment?
Thanks! I’m still attempting to put some addition mods together. Tried doing a bumper swap today but got tripped up by a couple missing bolts. Anyway, for the radio, I mounted the faceplate up on the rear-facing side of the aux switch panel. I had to pull the A-pillar trim anyway for the Brandmotion rear-view mirror cam, so I decided to run some extra cabling for the radio and mount it up there. For the base in the cubby, I do have a couple concerns. First is the heat that you mentioned. I haven’t had any problems with it so far, but I agree there’s not much airspace/airflow there so if I were using the radio constantly, I would have some concern there. But even when I’m on the trail, I’m not transmitting terribly often so it’s worked great so far. My other concern is water. That cubby is pretty much sitting at the max water fording height and if I got stuck in high water, I’d have some concerns about that cubby flooding. Again, so far no issues there even after going through some pretty deep rivers and streams. At the end of the day, I feel there’s probably a couple other spots better suited for the base of the radio - somewhere under the dash maybe or under the console, but I tried to fit it in a couple spots and just didn’t have the energy or time to force it there, so i went took an easy route with the cubby.

JackFlack

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks! I’m still attempting to put some addition mods together. Tried doing a bumper swap today but got tripped up by a couple missing bolts. Anyway, for the radio, I mounted the faceplate up on the rear-facing side of the aux switch panel. I had to pull the A-pillar trim anyway for the Brandmotion rear-view mirror cam, so I decided to run some extra cabling for the radio and mount it up there. For the base in the cubby, I do have a couple concerns. First is the heat that you mentioned. I haven’t had any problems with it so far, but I agree there’s not much airspace/airflow there so if I were using the radio constantly, I would have some concern there. But even when I’m on the trail, I’m not transmitting terribly often so it’s worked great so far. My other concern is water. That cubby is pretty much sitting at the max water fording height and if I got stuck in high water, I’d have some concerns about that cubby flooding. Again, so far no issues there even after going through some pretty deep rivers and streams. At the end of the day, I feel there’s probably a couple other spots better suited for the base of the radio - somewhere under the dash maybe or under the console, but I tried to fit it in a couple spots and just didn’t have the energy or time to force it there, so i went took an easy route with the cubby.

Thanks! I am definitely going to mount my faceplate there and my mic down below. Probably in the center console below the heater controls, but maybe I'll use your idea and mount it in the armrest. I'm going to try and see if I can use the faceplate angle piece that comes with the KG1000G to angle the faceplate down a bit. I assume you just screwed it to the aux switch panel.

I think I'm going to mount my body behind the left back panel toward the tail light area. Picture attached of me test mounting the backet. Still looking at that as I'm not sure it has any more airflow than the cubby. I looked at the under dash mounting, but just couldn't see how to get a good mounting place since the body is a bit larger than the midland others are using.

OP
OP
Bonnie6G

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, that looks like it might work. As for the angled plate, yes I drilled a hole in the aux switch cover for the cables and screwed the angle plate directly to it. Unfortunately due to how that plate slides on, up-angle is the only option. I can still see the display pretty well.
Sponsored