Broadicustomworks recap of the 2nd Supercell East April 2021

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exceeded my expectations.
In October I got to see two examples. I got to reach in around the rope and feel the MGV, get what I could from outside that barrier as far as opinion.
Today was hands-on.
I sat in all of the displays, took the roof panels off of another, reinstalled them.
I checked out the on-board door storage (not a bit of wiggle room there, by the way).
climbed in and around two and four door examples.
Then we got the 2pm ride-along with Shelby.
Ho-Lee-Chit.
We ended up in the white 4 door with the 2.3. I can imagine that those of us choosing the 2.7 will be pleased. The 2.3 was no slouch.
Went up the washboard muddy part about 35-40mph. No hesitation. No issues, nothing the Bronco and a very capable driver couldn’t handle with ease.
Trail turn assist was more than I hoped for. Amazing.
It was small-feeling on the inside compared to my full size crew cab, but cozy, comfy, and reasonable.
Oddly enough the rear seating (I sat in front and sat in the back after the switchback trail turn) felt roomier and more comfy than the front passenger side.
Handles were not an issue. They will hold up.
MGV is soft and will wear well. They seat very well. So did the leather.
I’ll add more later.
I did not take a lot of pics because you’ve all seen very good examples of most everything already.
And by the way:
Any color you choose, you won’t go wrong.
I was most impressed with the difference in Cactus from what I thought it would look like vs what it looked like on a whole vehicle.

751921B9-4CA7-435E-980F-026ABE5F699C.jpeg

4857BA16-6129-47C8-B36E-6CEE42E486C3.jpeg

381DAD03-762D-401E-9862-B704FD2DC59E.jpeg

D9D68F8E-6F55-4CEF-86FE-D51D3CCE1F3C.jpeg

0A0A61BA-57A8-4E5A-BF63-E7AEF1B4CAD8.jpeg

C3B3E273-9FC5-489C-BA5D-559BF2562E5A.jpeg

DD1ADEB6-F716-42DD-B477-11374935662C.jpeg

2D90B26D-9AF4-4C76-967D-5EB60D1488BC.jpeg

BECA58CA-AE2C-4616-A6B7-2449EF6CFF56.jpeg
Sponsored

A51Asheville

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Sas Mid Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I really enjoyed my ride-along that Saturday. Wish I could have gone up the rocks, but the trail turn really is an awesome feature. Getting to meet the pro drivers was also a truly awesome experience. Looking forward to taking my Sas Black Diamond out on the trailers here in WNC.

TNBronc4344

Badlands
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really enjoyed my ride-along that Saturday. Wish I could have gone up the rocks, but the trail turn really is an awesome feature. Getting to meet the pro drivers was also a truly awesome experience. Looking forward to taking my Sas Black Diamond out on the trailers here in WNC.
I’m not too far from you. Right over the mountain in Kingsport TN. I’m getting Area 51 SAS Badlands. I wanted the BD but they won’t sell me a manual with high package.

OP
OP
broadicustomworks

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same. The ride-along was great, and answered a lot of questions for me.
I know that the vehicle will be capable of more than I am going to put it through.
Very pleased, and everything there was top notch.
The team, the field, the displays being open to play around with, the drivers, the off-road course (Thanks to the land owner, by the way, if you happen to be on here). Just a great showing all around.

Sponsored

A51Asheville

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Sas Mid Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The
I’m not too far from you. Right over the mountain in Kingsport TN. I’m getting Area 51 SAS Badlands. I wanted the BD but they won’t sell me a manual with high package.
more the merrier! I'm new to the area after living in the hellscape that is South Florida most of my life. Gonna need some suggestions on where to go wheeling.

OP
OP
broadicustomworks

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The more the merrier! I'm new to the area after living in the hellscape that is South Florida most of my life. Gonna need some suggestions on where to go wheeling.
Some of us in the NC/East TN/ SW VA/ N Ga/ SC area definitely need to get some group trips going at some point.
There is some mention here and there in the Carolinas Bronco group here...nothing official yet.
I'd be up for some road trip, destination type wheeling too.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats. I came away with basically the same impressions as you. I will add, the colors on other vehicles don’t look the same to me... I’ve seen several of them on trucks and they seem like too much of it... but feels right on the Bronco. After seeing them in person, I’m switching from Shadow Black to Velocity Blue... 🙂

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats. I came away with basically the same impressions as you. I will add, the colors on other vehicles don’t look the same to me... I’ve seen several of them on trucks and they seem like too much of it... but feels right on the Bronco. After seeing them in person, I’m switching from Shadow Black to Velocity Blue... 🙂
Definitely. I saw a VB F150 early on and deleted that color from Bronco contention. Once I saw some VB Broncos I really thought it was great. I'm happy with Area 51, but there are several other colors that really grew on me. Also, I think if I was getting a 2 door I'd go CO. It feels like a bit too much on a 4 door, but looks great on a 2 door.
Sponsored