TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX 460
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Topic bait.. ? :)

These opinions coming from historically a Toyota/Lexus owner. I have owned Fords (Bronco and F-150) as well as many other cars.

I finally just bit the bullet and drove to my local Ford dealership and did a test drive. The Sales guy I worked with was super nice and straightforward. I was able to look over, inside and out, a Wildtrak and test drive a Badlands. My thoughts... in Kerouac form..

- The 'orange' in the Badlands is more yellow.. it wouldn't be a deal-breaker for me as a Georgia Bulldog guy. I liked the marine grade vinyl.

- The Wildtrak looks like it sits higher than the Badlands. I don't know the specs but if I were buying today it would be really torn between the WT and BL. I prefer the stance of the WT... but it could be that I just liked the red exterior versus the 'orange' (yellow).

- My biggest 'concern' was the quality of the interior and all the comments I have seen and read about plastics. In my opinion, the interior of the Bronco BL and WT was just as nice and as good of quality as my 2020 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-Road Premium. I actually disliked the fake carbon fiber in the T4R. The Bronco does have plastic but it is done well. The arm rest wasn't nearly as bad as some of the comments about it IMO. The big screen looks really nice.. like an iPad in the dash. I don't care about tech that much but it was nice. The seats were very nice. I wish the WT had the drain floors. Overall, it is exactly what I would expect for the Bronco and a vehicle in this price range.. knowing that value has been placed on being able to clean surfaces versus risk of permanent stains in cloth/materials.

- What I was NOT ready for was the engine sound/feel. My GX has a V8 and it grunts when you make it. I loved the sound of the V8 in the F-150 I had. There is something about the turbo in the Bronco that messed with my brain. I expect the 'sound' of a turbo when I drive my wife's Porsche. I expect it in 'race' cars.. but something was just weird about being in a rugged, off-road vehicle and hearing that whistle sound and little to no grunt. It really needs grunt.. to the extent that if I bought one I would look for an exhaust solution to add it. The engine sound didn't 'kill' the vibe for me but it sure tossed a wrench into it.

- It is gorgeous. Period.

- I like the overall build. I know there are some new model quirks out there but I am sure they will get worked out. I would go soft-top and then add a retro white hardtop later.

- There are definitely markups if you don't order. They wanted $20K over MSRP but said they would definitely take less.. not a LOT less but less. I would not pay over $70K for any of these Broncos personally. I would wait if I really wanted one before paying over MSRP.

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised. I expected to like the look of it .. and I LOVED the look of it. I didn't know what to expect from the interior.. TBH, I was a little worried but when I came with my $40K - $60K off-road vehicle eye.. the interior was in line with what I would expect.

That is all I can think of.. really glad I went to check it out and drive it. If I HAD to pick today it would be the WT.. I have no idea what color.. I would VERY likely wrap it.
Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm glad to hear that you could get past the orange that's more of a yellow...

A WT has the Sasquatch package by default, the Badlands may not have had that option so it could sit lower (my point is that the stance isn't a WT vs BL thing).

LSTLAF

First Name
Glort
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sphere shaped craft
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I guess that's better than taking a test drive and breaking down.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

WT is on 35ā€™s and the Badlands is on 33ā€™s unless it is squatched, then, they should be the same.

personally, they all look great with 2 doors and hard tops. Color really doesnā€™t change that for me. Iā€™ve got a ā€œyellowā€ 2 doors Badlands on order so no bias here of course! :cool:

OP
OP

SoCalDawg

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX 460
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm glad to hear that you could get past the orange that's more of a yellow...

A WT has the Sasquatch package by default, the Badlands may not have had that option so it could sit lower (my point is that the stance isn't a WT vs BL thing).
The yellow was very minimal. Between the marine grade vinyl, drain floors, and SD.. it could make me lean BL. I didnā€™t even think about the BL not being Sasquatch. Is there much difference in shocks between BL & WT?

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The yellow was very minimal. Between the marine grade vinyl, drain floors, and SD.. it could make me lean BL. I didnā€™t even think about the BL not being Sasquatch. Is there much difference in shocks between BL & WT?
Slight differences. BLā€™s will have a bit more articulation. WT a bit taller because of tires and about 10mm more in lift.