Sponsored

Broke down today and checked out a Wrangler…

b1lf

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The real Bronco killer will be the new 4runner..... with the re-fresh of the Tundra that was just released, it'll only be a matter of time before we see the updated 2022/2023 4runner.

Throw in the modern powerplant, 10 speed auto, and modern interior tech - with an actual roof that doesn't look and sound like shit - and you'll have some competition.

If Toyota can best Ford in terms of meeting production demand - people will be jumping ship on all of these Bronco production delays into a new 4runner.
Sponsored

Reactions: Jdc

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm in a rental 2020 JLU Sahara with the 2.0L eTorque motor this week. It's been pretty fun for what it is and I pulled the roof and doors off yesterday to have some fun with that. I ordered a Gladiator through Tom at Chapman on 7/19 and it's built and waiting for shipping from the factory right now.
Build details please!

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I didnt think i would ever own a Jeep but i caved and bought a 2021 Mojave Gladiator and love it. I like the functionality of the pickup part too.
If it's a manual please share your driving reviews.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The real Bronco killer will be the new 4runner..... with the re-fresh of the Tundra that was just released, it'll only be a matter of time before we see the updated 2022/2023 4runner.

Throw in the modern powerplant, 10 speed auto, and modern interior tech - with an actual roof that doesn't look and sound like shit - and you'll have some competition.

If Toyota can best Ford in terms of meeting production demand - people will be jumping ship on all of these Bronco production delays into a new 4runner.
Agree.
The quality the LC and 4Runner enjoy being built in Japan is priceless.

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As of right now the only other Vehicle I am willing to consider is the new Tundra. I wonder how close the price will be to my Badsquatch.

Sponsored

JBHillCountry

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Land Cruiser, 2022 F250, 2022 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Agree.
The quality the LC and 4Runner enjoy being built in Japan is priceless.
We are on our 3rd LC 200 with the 2021 now. My wife loves them. Very basic inside, but so overbuilt. Her previous rides were X5 M and several LR4s. I like the virtually zero mechanical issues so far. Swapped them all with Icon coil overs to stop the nosedive when braking and they have been perfect.
If my son hadn't picked and built out this Bronco for his first car, I would have no interest and I am a Ford guy. 6th Raptor is on the way and drive Superduty daily. Kid gets his permit next September so if there is not a Bronco here already, there will be a 4Runner in the driveway for him.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If it were not for the lack of optional hp the new Nissan Pathfinder or even the Explorer Timberline edition could (note could not would) be viable alternatives with extra seating and greater tow capacity than the Bronco. Of course their roofs do not open all the way and the doors stay on

Mike E

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like many others I had to break down and purchase a vehicle...hence I purchased Jeep Rubicon Diesel and I've got to tell you I truly like it. I've owned JK's and they where so underpowered when driving in the mountains but the Diesel just goes...yes. I plan on keeping the Jeep once my Bronco finally happens...sometime next year till then I'm out on weekend enjoying the trails.... Big bonus for the Jeep it's got the One Touch Top...what's not to love?

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

And once we cut the roof and doors off with a hacksaw, it will have that great open air driving experience!

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ha I knew I wanted a Bronco back in the 90’s Then in 2004 I thought it was time with the concept announced. Fast forward to 2017 I turned in my Ford lease and told the dealer they can call me when they get the Bronco back they chucked and said it’s only a rumor but I still left with no vehicle. I’m still driving my wife’s 2011 Ford Escape waiting on my waiting on my day 1 res.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
After not being able to find a bronco or able to buy it anywhere in nation I almost bought the new 392 rubicon wrangler. Baddass jeep. But after all said and done you pay 90-100K. Plus Ive had baddass jeeps (old renegade MT, SRT 2008 then added supercharger). They are great. Hemi is epic motor. But no. Ever since I sold my renegade just about 5 years ago (had it almost 25 years) my son wanted another jeep. Well, now he doesn't. He loves our bronco!! Kinda sad. But kinda not. It was time to move on. But Jeep will always be great offroad and hold my fondest offroad mems as a teen.

Oh. And I traded my 2019 4x4/AWD Nightshade 4Runner for my moded BL I4 47 axle bronco. Before that I had a TRD Pro 4Runner. Awesome cars. But boring. I can say that the new 4Runner will be sick. Its suppose to have a trim called the "Trail Hunter". Cool. Whenever it arrives, it will be badass. But what kind of power will it have and will it have front/rear lockers..??? Until then...loving my bronco!!

b1lf

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And once we cut the roof and doors off with a hacksaw, it will have that great open air driving experience!
I don't give a shit about the removeable doors and removeable roof.

I would absolutely prefer a non-removeable hardtop Bronco over the current design which has already reared up its issues (get it?) and provides no ideal function to myself personally.

I live in SoCal:

• I want to go surfing - toss my 8'2" board on a roof rack
    • Can't easily remove the hard top sections.
    • Can't even put a roof rack on a softtop?
  • Toss my mountain bike or road bike on a roof rack:
    • Can't easily remove the hard top sections.
    • Can't open the soft top at all.
  • It's cold. I start driving to work top all buttoned up. I decide I want to open the roof mid-drive.
    • Soft top, stop at a light and I can flip it back relatively easily.
    • Hard top, remove a panel above my head at a gas station, put it in one of the bags then in the trunk. Realistically ----- I'll just continue driving to work 85% of the time.

If I had a powered sunroof like the 4runner.... or even better, a powered panoramic sunroof like the Defender, I'd flip it back with the push of a button AND I'd have enough clearance for a roof rack that I can actually keep fixed to the vehicle and toss stuff on.

I understand Ford wanted to take on the Wrangler. They have. They've probably won. But did they REALLY need to copy the damn design of the Wrangler to the T?

We're not going to be ripping our doors and roof off to drive to Chili's for lunch on a Wednesday. Release a factory fixed hardtop.......................

P.S. No, I don't just want to get a Sport instead.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If it were not for the lack of optional hp the new Nissan Pathfinder or even the Explorer Timberline edition could (note could not would) be viable alternatives with extra seating and greater tow capacity than the Bronco. Of course their roofs do not open all the way and the doors stay on
Not to mention that they're unibody and they don't have a stick.