Sponsored

Broke down today and checked out a Wrangler…

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Well here it is. My biggest problem... I've spent the last year and a half of my life reading Bronco forums every morning and so I know nothing about a Wrangler :)

20210820_062811.jpg
Looks clean.
Enjoy it and congrats.
Sponsored

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco Broke down today and checked out a Wrangler… 531A5F2F-F979-4497-A373-BCB309CC161C

Ford Bronco Broke down today and checked out a Wrangler… 902638AD-BE19-4220-81A4-DAC1B56B9DF0

Turned in my rental today. Little 2.0l w/eTorque drove well and I really enjoyed top down life. Was surprised with the mileage too.

My wife hated that it came with push button start but no proximity key because it meant she had to pull the key out of her purse, unlock, put it back in her bag and then start the car with the push button, and pull out the key again to lock it once she's reached where she was going. So for those of you with women who might be driving your heeps, splurge for the proximity key option

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Test drove 3 Gladiators in the last week: a new 21 Rubicon, then at another dealer a new 21 Overland and a used 20
Rubicon. The new 21 Rubicon was downright scary to drive. The Overland and funnily enough the 20 rubicon felt fine. Definitely a different feeling than an IFS which ive only ever driven, but 100% ok in the 21 Overland and 20 Rubicon, I had both of them up to 70 on the highway and they felt great. Wouldn’t have wanted to take the first one past 55. Weird.

If the Bronco launched with a truck version I’d take it in a heartbeat, I might pay more than MSRP for it. The IFS, 2.7, HOSS suspension, easier frameless doors in the Bronco? Plus a better tow rating and the bed I get to keep in a pickup? Best of both worlds. That’s why the gladiator is starting to tug at me again a little bit. Originally before the Bronco released I was planning buying a Gladiator around this time, but fell in love with the Bronco the second I saw it. Now, definitely contemplating the Gladiator a lot more lately.

ATX_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m going to go find one tomorrow. Taking away AMB might have been the last straw for me.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks clean.
Enjoy it and congrats.
I went throught it yesterday, climbed underneath, etc.

It literally looks like it came right off the showroom floor. I'm completely dumbfounded on how this could have that many miles on it and be so clean.

It has husky liners all the way through it but the original floor mats were in the back along with the top bag. Hell even the owner's manual was in the glove box still wrapped up in plastic with all the little flyers and even the DVD.

Really makes me want to keep it!

Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I went throught it yesterday, climbed underneath, etc.

It literally looks like it came right off the showroom floor. I'm completely dumbfounded on how this could have that many miles on it and be so clean.

It has husky liners all the way through it but the original floor mats were in the back along with the top bag. Hell even the owner's manual was in the glove box still wrapped up in plastic with all the little flyers and even the DVD.

Really makes me want to keep it!
Cream Puff.

CCBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I hit my braking point too. Ordered a 21’ Wrangler Willys a couple weeks ago.

GoHack

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Jeep owner thinking about jumping ship.
Sadly, will be waiting a year for bugs and issues to come up w/owners in the REAL world, which will surely happen, and hopefully, be addressed by Ford. Also too, I've already seen dealers jacking up prices on new Broncos.

Last edited:

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco Broke down today and checked out a Wrangler… 902638AD-BE19-4220-81A4-DAC1B56B9DF0

Turned in my rental today. Little 2.0l w/eTorque drove well and I really enjoyed top down life. Was surprised with the mileage too.

My wife hated that it came with push button start but no proximity key because it meant she had to pull the key out of her purse, unlock, put it back in her bag and then start the car with the push button, and pull out the key again to lock it once she's reached where she was going. So for those of you with women who might be driving your heeps, splurge for the proximity key option
My son and I are on vacation in CO right now, and somehow got upgraded to a BMW 428i for our rental. After flying around in it, he told me we should just get one of these instead of a Bronco.

OWTM

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 21 Rubicon, and a Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a 21 Rubicon and a Wildtrack Currently Parked at Dirt Mountain, We had a 2017 Sahara lifted with 3.5jks and 35s, The new Rubicon is much nice in some ways than the 17 like more comfortable, backup camera, more power, sound system and more. I will say the new Rubicon is a little squirrelly when it comes to steering but not too bad

Sponsored

Captain Howdy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 21 Rubicon and a Wildtrack Currently Parked at Dirt Mountain, We had a 2017 Sahara lifted with 3.5jks and 35s, The new Rubicon is much nice in some ways than the 17 like more comfortable, backup camera, more power, sound system and more. I will say the new Rubicon is a little squirrelly when it comes to steering but not too bad
Jeeps caster angle specs are too low. Based off of that, they use the same exact front and rear control arms on all trims. On the Sports and Saharas, the caster is on the higher end of the factory spec range and the Rubicon ends up on the minimum amount required, again, according to their specs.

In reality, 6-6.5° of caster is the sweet spot for not wandering and still properly returning to center when coming out of a corner, while also not putting the front driveshaft at too much of an angle compared to the pinion shaft on the axle.

On a stock Rubicon, many have had success with adding the 1/4" longer front lower control arms from the Mopar lift kit. They run about $60-70 and can be purchased separately from the lift kit.

Also, check your tire pressures. All factories tend to send vehicles out with the tires overinflated, so as to not get flat spots after sitting here and there. Dealer prep is supposed to lower the psi before delivery, but most don't. 35psi is a good starting point. A chalk test will fine tune it to your specific vehicles weight.

xidex

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i test drove a bronco badlands non sasquatch and loved it, asked the salesman if i order one how long? he shrugged and said i cant be certain. So i asked if i ordered would i have by spring? he said doubtful so i headed over the jeep dealer and bought a 2021 rubicon unlimited, had it for a week now, steering is horrible and not too crazy about the seat comfort, they are the leather version, the cloth was really bad for comfort ! The seat adjust is bad too, cant push seat back enough and they are all manual with minimal adjustments, but i am having some fun with the Jeep. Wish Ford had been in a better position to supply Broncos but i understand the world supply issues. So i will either keep the jeep or in 2 years or whenever they are readily available i will trade in for a new Bronco. Also i avoid the first year of a new product and hopefully have all the bugs worked out when i am ready to buy.

GAbronco

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I didnt think i would ever own a Jeep but i caved and bought a 2021 Mojave Gladiator and love it. I like the functionality of the pickup part too.

ResEng68

Badlands
First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Test drove 3 Gladiators in the last week: a new 21 Rubicon, then at another dealer a new 21 Overland and a used 20
Rubicon. The new 21 Rubicon was downright scary to drive. The Overland and funnily enough the 20 rubicon felt fine. Definitely a different feeling than an IFS which ive only ever driven, but 100% ok in the 21 Overland and 20 Rubicon, I had both of them up to 70 on the highway and they felt great. Wouldn’t have wanted to take the first one past 55. Weird.

If the Bronco launched with a truck version I’d take it in a heartbeat, I might pay more than MSRP for it. The IFS, 2.7, HOSS suspension, easier frameless doors in the Bronco? Plus a better tow rating and the bed I get to keep in a pickup? Best of both worlds. That’s why the gladiator is starting to tug at me again a little bit. Originally before the Bronco released I was planning buying a Gladiator around this time, but fell in love with the Bronco the second I saw it. Now, definitely contemplating the Gladiator a lot more lately.
You might want to take a look at the Rubi Diesel. The added weight up-front really helps improve steering and ride quality.

My wife just snagged one (she needed a new vehicle), and I must say that I'm very impressed. The engine/transmission combo works particularly well. And, the cost is pretty reasonable if you go with one of those 8% below invoice deals.

I'm still queued up for a 2022 bronco (current 1997 4runner is showing its age), but it's not an easy decision anymore. That Bronco test drive will need to wow me. Otherwise, it may be another wrangler.

Tammeriffic

Badlands
First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know we're pissed at Ford but I can't think of anyone buying a Jeep without picturing this license plate frame...

yeah, because only boys want Broncos . . . .
Sponsored