Sponsored

Broke her in the right way, at the rock park!

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I picked up my Bronco on Monday, broke her in the right way with the first trip to the rock park yesterday.

It more than met my expectations. The suspension worked flawlessly, ate up every little bump on the trails. Didn't have that trail fatigue feeling that you have at the end of the day with other rigs.

I had a stock 2020 Rubi with me and there were trails I had no issues with where she struggled a bit (mainly due to ground clearance).

The park was a litte wet so it made the uphills a bit harder than they should have been (with wet muddy tires). I think with dry tires and a little less air (only went down to 20 PSI) I wouldn't have had issues with any trail I tried.

Articulation was good, I think I only lifted a tire once all day. I'm sure it could get a bit better with a lift and longer travel coil-overs, but for a stock vehicle it was great.

The 360 camera saved me from hitting trees several times. It really is a game changer. Saved countless 3 point turns while working through the tighter trails.

My one complaint is the tires. They are awful. They're supposed to be MT but the second you get in mud they're completely clogged up because of the tight tread pattern. They don't really clear out either. The worst part was the rock throwing. They pick up every small rock you go over. Going 20 mph down a gravel road I was literally throwing rocks 15 ft in the air behind me. I would hate to see what my under body looks like... I will say, they are super quiet on road for an MT, so congrats for that Ford, otherwise they are complete trash.

I did end up with a couple of small gouges in my wheel rings (to be expected) and a decent scuff on one of my fender flairs. You know what they say, chicks dig scars... She wasn't gonna stay perfect forever.

Ford Bronco Broke her in the right way, at the rock park! 20211113_123317
Ford Bronco Broke her in the right way, at the rock park! 20211113_110821
Ford Bronco Broke her in the right way, at the rock park! 20211113_110741
Ford Bronco Broke her in the right way, at the rock park! IMG_0511
Ford Bronco Broke her in the right way, at the rock park! 20211113_151052
Ford Bronco Broke her in the right way, at the rock park! 20211114_122527
Ford Bronco Broke her in the right way, at the rock park! 20211114_122547
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Awesome!

OP
OP
Jdyount

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I post this on a local off-road group's Facebook page (with 5300 members) and I get 125 likes and 26 comments. I post it here and I get 6 likes and 2 comments.....

WTF B6G?

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Scars are like tattoos with better stories
Glad you had fun ,that the way to rock a new rig 👍
Your definitely the 1%

Sponsored

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I post this on a local off-road group's Facebook page (with 5300 members) and I get 125 likes and 26 comments. I post it here and I get 6 likes and 2 comments.....

WTF B6G?
Welll....B6G isn't Facebook which is probably a good thing.

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WTF B6G?
The trip report section isn't getting the traction that the build, ship, deliver, MIC bitch sessions do. That will probably change as more take delivery. Looks like a fun day for sure.

Last edited:

cclkramer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford f350 diesel dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's too bad Ford didnt give more options for tires with Sasquatch package. Those tires are definitely not for mud. Quite a few people complaining about them throwing gravel all over the side of their new truck. Mud flaps will be my first priority!

OP
OP
Jdyount

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's too bad Ford didnt give more options for tires with Sasquatch package. Those tires are definitely not for mud. Quite a few people complaining about them throwing gravel all over the side of their new truck. Mud flaps will be my first priority!
There definitely should have been tire choices for the Sasquatch package. It's definitely not 1 fits all. These tires may be ok for Moab but they suck for Kansas mud...

Last edited:

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I picked up my Bronco on Monday, broke her in the right way with the first trip to the rock park yesterday.

It more than met my expectations. The suspension worked flawlessly, ate up every little bump on the trails. Didn't have that trail fatigue feeling that you have at the end of the day with other rigs.

I had a stock 2020 Rubi with me and there were trails I had no issues with where she struggled a bit (mainly due to ground clearance).

The park was a litte wet so it made the uphills a bit harder than they should have been (with wet muddy tires). I think with dry tires and a little less air (only went down to 20 PSI) I wouldn't have had issues with any trail I tried.

Articulation was good, I think I only lifted a tire once all day. I'm sure it could get a bit better with a lift and longer travel coil-overs, but for a stock vehicle it was great.

The 360 camera saved me from hitting trees several times. It really is a game changer. Saved countless 3 point turns while working through the tighter trails.

My one complaint is the tires. They are awful. They're supposed to be MT but the second you get in mud they're completely clogged up because of the tight tread pattern. They don't really clear out either. The worst part was the rock throwing. They pick up every small rock you go over. Going 20 mph down a gravel road I was literally throwing rocks 15 ft in the air behind me. I would hate to see what my under body looks like... I will say, they are super quiet on road for an MT, so congrats for that Ford, otherwise they are complete trash.

I did end up with a couple of small gouges in my wheel rings (to be expected) and a decent scuff on one of my fender flairs. You know what they say, chicks dig scars... She wasn't gonna stay perfect forever.

You animal! 🤟

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jdyount

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Scars are like tattoos with better stories
Glad you had fun ,that the way to rock a new rig 👍
Your definitely the 1%
Ya, unfortunately I do think I'm in the minority as far as people off-roading their Broncos week 1...

I do hope to see more of these posts, and more interest in these posts.

Last edited:

Big Foot

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA Sorrento
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MT stands for Maximum Traction and are definitely not mud tires. I hear ya on the rock throwing. took be by surprise the first time I threw one into the rock rail.

VGK_Fan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi S5 Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ya, unfortunately I do think I'm in the minority as far as people off-roading their Broncos week 1...

I took my Badlands offroad the first week. Mud, ruts, hills, puddles: it was a blast. Still haven't cleaned the bugs and mud off yet from the 800 mile road trip. Wish I would have documented the events as well as you did but I had my 80 year old parents in the car with me. They loved it!

IMG_4501.JPG

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
unfortunately I do think I'm in the minority as far as people off-roading their Broncos week 1...
I’ve seen so many posts and videos of people wheeling their brand new Broncos, that I didn’t bother posting about how mine was in the desert within 12 hours of delivery, back in August.

WTF B6G?
You take Facebook and yourself way too seriously.
Sponsored