Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

well, my Bronco came "hard top ready", but no matter where I look, there's none to be found. I think I'd have to buy it to make use of that 'ready' part, sounds to me like 'yeah, you can, but first you have to add xyz to your vehicle'. Ready to be made capable easily. Just the way I'd read that though.
Yeah you'd think Ford would have caught the damage the hard tops were doing to the trucks before they put them on the road back during the design phase.....
Sponsored

SoK66

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 2009 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sad to say that when we announced Bronco would be IFS with rack & pinion this was an expected weak link. Chevy's old Hummer H3, based upon the first gen Colorado/Canyon platform was so weak in this area the owners carried spare tie rods, A photo from Moab Easter Jeep Safari about 2012 as I recall. The guy was right behind me all day on the Behind The Rocks trail. The final obstacle is White Knuckle Hill, really just a one Jeep length ledge you drive off and slide to the bottom. When this guy hit he broke both tie rods. He was a really good sport about it and had spares which my friend, a master tech replaced for him right on the spot. I think we'll be seeing a lot of Broncos with this issue as time goes on and owners push the envelope.

DSCN0355.JPG

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That comment is sarcasm right???? If not wow. I’ve done some stuff and watched plenty of videos with stock broncos going toe to toe with rubicons with no issues. That obstacle with that driver spelled disaster. I agree with other posters that whole setup was designed to break trucks.
That guy is a Jeep troll who comes on here with every post making the same joke/asinine point.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That comment is sarcasm right???? If not wow. I’ve done some stuff and watched plenty of videos with stock broncos going toe to toe with rubicons with no issues. That obstacle with that driver spelled disaster. I agree with other posters that whole setup was designed to break trucks.
Dude is a troll....🤡

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As the OP said above, the bigger issue is backordered parts. I know that's an issue for all manufacturers right now, but a real kick in the nads, when the fix should be minor. I see Squatch vs non Squatch makes a difference on the rack, has anybody checked if Squatch vs non Squatch tie rods are the same?

CJtoJLU

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon Extreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Solid front axles break steering components too. And this was with 36” tires. Busted a sector shaft in a steering box in my old Bronco
Ford Bronco Broke my Bronco’s tie rod on rack and pinion 🤬 6C2BFF73-0082-4B1F-A788-239096647251

Ford Bronco Broke my Bronco’s tie rod on rack and pinion 🤬 6C2BFF73-0082-4B1F-A788-239096647251
Did you break it rolling over a 12” log?

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When. Is Ford going to add an outlet for a welder? They like to taught they can power a house with the F150 maybe go anywhere requires an on board welder.
You don't need that , just get 3 batteries, small cable jumpers to link in series, a set of jumper cables (car jumpers) and some 7014 rod and a hood or several sunglasses ;)

CJtoJLU

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's amazing that some people are so insecure...that they create accounts just to troll other manufacturer's boards....
Troll? It was a legitimate question.

I can’t help if it hurts your feelings to ask it, but it wasn’t intended as a troll at all. That Bronco in his photo looked to be coming up a fairly punishing trail. All vehicles can break when pushed beyond their limits, talking about where those limits might lie is not trolling.

You’d do well to not take this all so personally, and it’s fairly ironic that you call me insecure while whining that someone would ask a question about the durability of a vehicle you have (on order?). If you were secure, you wouldn’t care what people were talking about.

At the end of the day, it’s nice to talk about real world issues, differences between 4x4 designs etc. I can’t do the latter one with Jeep Wrangler owners since we’re all running SFA. Plus, I’ll wheel with anyone, I don’t care if someone has a Bronco, if they want to hit the trail, they’re OK with me, and so is their rig.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Troll? It was a legitimate question.

I can’t help if it hurts your feelings to ask it, but it wasn’t intended as a troll at all. That Bronco in his photo looked to be coming up a fairly punishing trail. All vehicles can break when pushed beyond their limits, talking about where those limits might lie is not trolling.

You’d do well to not take this all so personally, and it’s fairly ironic that you call me insecure while whining that someone would ask a question about the durability of a vehicle you have (on order?). If you were secure, you wouldn’t care what people were talking about.

At the end of the day, it’s nice to talk about real world issues, differences between 4x4 designs etc. I can’t do the latter one with Jeep Wrangler owners since we’re all running SFA. Plus, I’ll wheel with anyone, I don’t care if someone has a Bronco, if they want to hit the trail, they’re OK with me, and so is their rig.
Didn't take anything personally...you're just a troll and you know it. Major insecurity complex...just look at your pattern of posting on here.

BOT_ROCKET

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Fusion Sport, 90 Fox 5.0 Lx Hatch, 99 Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think it was a simple matter of the tire suddenly getting traction, or aggressive steering.

It looked to me like the truck was coming down pretty fast, and the distance between the logs was just a little bit shorter than the wheelbase. That heavy rig coming down hard while the logs are trying to spread your legs with the only thing stopping them from spreading your wheelbase being the tie-rod. That's why the wheel shot forward so hard. It was under extreme force. Imagine trying to do the splits slowly. Pretty uncomfortable. No Imagine dropping from standing height into a split. RIP.

Just because it's a prefabricated obstacle that doesn't look tough doesn't make it so. There are some extreme forces being applied to that truck on that obstacle.

You can reinforce every part on the truck until the only thing left to break is the frame. Like others have said, let the weak link be the cheap part That's easy to fix.

CJtoJLU

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Didn't take anything personally...you're just a troll and you know it. Major insecurity complex...just look at your pattern of posting on here.
Lol, ok man. Why don’t you just ignore me then? Isn’t that what you’re supposed to do with trolls?

I haven’t picked a fight with anyone, I don’t post anything inflammatory. But if you are going to take these types of questions about Bronco so personally, then maybe just put me on ignore.
Sponsored