First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Dont they hold the bronco out as a vehicle capable of that type of driving?
Agreed, I dont think what he did warranted what happened.

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Dont they hold the bronco out as a vehicle capable of that type of driving?
They'll claim abuse
Ford dealers love to deny warranty claims.

My Raptor ate it's transmission main harness while offroading once. Limped it to the dealer and they charged me $1600 to replace because they claimed abuse. When I picked it up tech wrote that it was because it was improperly installed from the factory, tried fighting the charges with the Ford customer support line but they didn't budge.

My Raptor's navigation was off by like 30ft (to the east) and they told me it was because I was on 37s

Ended up replacing the GPS antenna myself and it fixed itself. These and a couple of other experiences made me stop buying Ford's until the Bronco pulled me back in

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That inner tie rod looks like a chicken leg.

"Yeah, that looks durable." ~~ no engineer ever

Maybe above the "Lux" package with that sweet Heated Steering Wheel, and 10 speaker sound system should be the "Repair" package, with a 220 volt outlet, for my welder.

Last edited:

Sponsored

CJtoJLU

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon Extreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They'll claim abuse
Ford dealers love to deny warranty claims.

My Raptor ate it's transmission main harness while offroading once. Limped it to the dealer and they charged me $1600 to replace because they claimed abuse. When I picked it up tech wrote that it was because it was improperly installed from the factory, tried fighting the charges with the Ford customer support line but they didn't budge.

My Raptor's navigation was off by like 30ft (to the east) and they told me it was because I was on 37s

Ended up replacing the GPS antenna myself and it fixed itself. These and a couple of other experiences made me stop buying Ford's until the Bronco pulled me back in
I mean I can see a manufacturer claiming hard driving above and beyond normal intended use as a rationale for denying warranty. But the driving in the OP doesn’t seem to fit that bill.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Tire caught grip and jumped forward bending the tie rod/snapped it. Looks like a little to much right pedal, what PSi did you have in the tires? Didn't look like you let enough air out to get grip.

Looks like Hollister Hills?

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I mean I can see a manufacturer claiming hard driving above and beyond normal intended use as a rationale for denying warranty. But the driving in the OP doesn’t seem to fit that bill.
I agree with you, but logic flies out the window when dealers/ OEs try to justify denying warranty coverage.

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The way it looks, you do a sudden course correction with the steering wheel while you are spinning the tires? I tried rewinding and watching a few times but it happens pretty darn fast. On IFS correcting while heavy on the throttle is a no-no and will lead to tie-rod ends snapping. Lite-Brite has a video where a dude in a hummer does the same thing - heavy on the gas, tires slipping, course correction while still heavy on the pedal and snapped the tie-rod end when the tires grabbed mid-turn. She mentions in the video they see it often with the IFS.

That being said, would a beefier rod work? Hopefully!! Keep us updated on if it's warrantied or not man!

Sponsored

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What the f*ck did they build that piece from, balsa wood? FFS, Ford, you want to push this as a Wrangler competitor, it's got to be able to handle the simple shit like this. Just embarrassing.

Bronco1971

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If it were me, I would edit that first post to remove the phrase "sent it." That phrase is incompatible with reasonable use I would also remove the video. It's not unreasonable that a dealer or Ford may be aware of these forums. While that course may appear normal to some, the reality is that it's a contrived scenario outside of most norms and will easily be the basis for denying a warranty claim. The forces in an IFS tie rod in those scenarios are quite high, possibly beyond what the engineers anticipated. Though it's more likely that the forces exceed what the rack can handle and the tie rods are much easier to repair.

Finally, we're in the first model year of a new design. There's always something that's beyond what any reasonable engineer can imagine.

Last edited:

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Definitely sucks and I will totally be looking at that severe duty unit.

However I will admit that those types of obstacles are designed first for knobby mud tires and second to break parts.

Docindahouze

Base
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That snap reminds of the sound I heard about 18 years ago when my friend blew out his Achilles’ tendon while we were playing a pickup game of soccer. I’ll never forget that sound and the immediate agonizing pain he was in.
Sponsored