Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This reminds me when Ford built a "track ready Mustang" aka the GT350. Then folks started burning up transmissions & differentials and Ford told everyone "tough shit you should have added trans & diff coolers." Well maybe don't market a product that doesn't do what you've marketed it to do, or make that stuff standard equipment?
Sponsored

D-TownBorn

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Eliminating ALL and EVERY BRAND, fanboy opinions, I believe you are correct. I think Wranglers are proving to be tougher off road. So are the FJ and 4-runners for that matter.

Bronco beats them in looks, and dirt road high speed runs. Not to say its not a capable machine, but the competition so far has a much better reputation in durability, albeit its a first a first year model and its a Ford.
You lost me when you praised the FJ.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This reminds me when Ford built a "track ready Mustang" aka the GT350. Then folks started burning up transmissions & differentials and Ford told everyone "tough shit you should have added trans & diff coolers." Well maybe don't market a product that doesn't do what you've marketed it to do, or make that stuff standard equipment?
The vast majority will never have an issue with this stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a disclaimer in the owners manual advising the owner to do certain mods if they plan on pushing the limits of the vehicle.

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The vast majority will never have an issue with this stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a disclaimer in the owners manual advising the owner to do certain mods if they plan on pushing the limits of the vehicle.
But when you do said mods, you'll have a dealer saying "well the vehicle has been modified so we can't provide warranty coverage..." yada yada yada. This is my 6th or 7th Ford (I lost count) and I've heard all the excuses under the sun.

foremi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, T1 V10, T7, YXZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
a fresh off the lot M3 or cts-v or corvette zr1/z06 would overheat within a few laps at high speed as well.

tldr… people bought a sports car and opted to not pay extra for the track packages and then complained it overheated on the track. Any rational person would not have been shocked.

Sponsored

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1. Know your limitations.

When you couldn’t make it the first time but was able to back up. You should’ve backed out and not do the obstacle.

How many trails are going to have that many logs that close together?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
a fresh off the lot M3 or cts-v or corvette zr1/z06 would overheat within a few laps at high speed as well.

tldr… people bought a sports car and opted to not pay extra for the track packages and then complained it overheated on the track. Any rational person would not have been shocked.
First thing many do is go to a detail shop and spend thousands on paint protection. Yet, they don't bother doing research on what they need to use the vehicle for their intended purpose.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
1. Know your limitations.

When you couldn’t make it the first time but was able to back up. You should’ve backed out and not do the obstacle.

How many trails are going to have that many logs that close together?
This is a learning experience. Hopefully not too costly and he'll know better next time.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ok, we’ll give it 30-minutes. If you have proper tools and parts, it can be swapped pretty quickly. We do it on Raptors often. Not a big deal.
I have watched some videos on tie-rod outer/inner replacements. It would be great to see one specifically for the Bronco. This would include the Ford parts and tools/materials required to get the vehicle road-worthy enough to drive it to the alignment shop. It seems that there are some do's/don'ts with the inner tie rod end.

Sponsored
OP
OP
bman3000

bman3000

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Jeep GC 5.7, 93 Wrangler, 20 Polaris Turbo S
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Say what you want, we are all entitled to our own opinions. Mine is, this was a pretty insignificant event and I was pretty surprised it broke. I’ve been wheeling for years, mostly Jeeps on the cheap and unfortunately I did think my high dollar unmolested, purpose engineered new rig would be a little tougher. Obviously, I know the drill, live, learn and replace broke parts with better ones. Not a huge deal this time as I was only at an off-road park and not real world wheeling that could have left me in the middle of BFE. But, no replacement parts available! Crap, somebody throw me a bone and help me find a replacement inner tie rod. As of now my 50k rig is out of commission because of a $75 part. And that’s what sucks about this.

Last edited:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Say what you want, we are all entitled to our own opinions. Mine is, this was a pretty insignificant event and I was pretty surprised it broke. I’ve been wheeling for years, mostly Jeeps on the cheap and unfortunately I did think my high dollar unmolested, purpose engineered new rig would be a little tougher. Obviously, I know the drill, live, learn and replace broke parts with better ones. Not a huge deal this time as I was only at an off-road park and not real world wheeling that could have left me in the middle of BFE. But, no replacement parts available! Crap, somebody through me a bone and help me find a replacement inner tie rod. As of now my 50k rig out of commission because of a $75 part. And that’s what sucks about this.
Ask a nearby wrecking yard to run a nationwide search for one off of a wrecked Bronco sitting at a wrecking yard.
Sponsored