Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I mean it’s a ford these things aren’t made to really be taken off-road. I know it sucks but the bronco is made to go off-roading at your local mall or grocery store parking lot not the real outdoors.
That comment is sarcasm right???? If not wow. I’ve done some stuff and watched plenty of videos with stock broncos going toe to toe with rubicons with no issues. That obstacle with that driver spelled disaster. I agree with other posters that whole setup was designed to break trucks.
Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

From the remarks in DOW, and not that it matters at this point, it appears to be a supplier issue. I don't know who that is but they are way overdue on delivery. 10 of the -B and 7 of the -A in transit and likely already spoken for meaning no stock any time soon.
@flip Out of curiosity, are any of the complete rack and linkage assemblies available? According to the part diagram, that would be:

Steering gear with inner tie rods:
MB3Z-3504-A (4-door, non-sasq.)
MB3Z-3504-C (2-door, non-sasq.)
MB3Z-3504-D (sasquatch)

Same as above but also with the outer tie rod ends:
MB3Z-3504-E (4-door, non-sasq.)
MB3Z-3504-F (2-door, non-sasq.)
MB3Z-3504-G (sasquatch)

I'm curious what is different between these 3 assemblies. I'm also curious why the assembly with just the inner tie rods is more expensive than the assembly that includes the whole thing from outer joint to outer joint. I know folks would rather spend $75 than $850 but if these are available then at least the Bronco could be back on the road and you'd have spares for the whole steering system.

TexAZ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Say what you want, we are all entitled to our own opinions. Mine is, this was a pretty insignificant event and I was pretty surprised it broke. I’ve been wheeling for years, mostly Jeeps on the cheap and unfortunately I did think my high dollar unmolested, purpose engineered new rig would be a little tougher. Obviously, I know the drill, live, learn and replace broke parts with better ones. Not a huge deal this time as I was only at an off-road park and not real world wheeling that could have left me in the middle of BFE. But, no replacement parts available! Crap, somebody throw me a bone and help me find a replacement inner tie rod. As of now my 50k rig is out of commission because of a $75 part. And that’s what sucks about this.
You’re good. It’s a forum so you have to just shake your head at half of these posts 🤦‍♂️ If you’re lucky someone will link outer tie rods…again.

Have you reached out to broncobuster? He may have a couple to spare.

Skydoc

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350 , LS3 V8 Jeep Wrangler jku
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, as expected, that tiny little threaded tie rod on the rack and pinion was the weak point. Hardly even sent it but as my tire crested the top of the log, the force on the back of the wheel snapped the tie rod. I could be wrong here but I don’t feel I was even ragging on it. What’s the fix? Clearly a new OEM rack just won’t do.

cfa77168-4aa7-4dbf-b7f5-4bc794823215-jpeg.jpg

823a2ae3-92c7-4fae-b585-5e11f5fe7d9f-jpeg.jpg

1e9f6a07-3a31-4747-86a1-f5c8fb701609-jpeg.jpg

Waiting on king of the hammers 2022 to see what steering the 4600 class broncos are running and then immediately purchasing unless they ALL fail this year. We will see…

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

When. Is Ford going to add an outlet for a welder? They like to taught they can power a house with the F150 maybe go anywhere requires an on board welder.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First thing many do is go to a detail shop and spend thousands on paint protection. Yet, they don't bother doing research on what they need to use the vehicle for their intended purpose.
Where do I get SPF (Suspension Protection Film)??

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@flip Out of curiosity, are any of the complete rack and linkage assemblies available? According to the part diagram, that would be:

MB3Z-3504-D (sasquatch)

MB3Z-3504-G (sasquatch)

I'm curious what is different between these 3 assemblies. I'm also curious why the assembly with just the inner tie rods is more expensive than the assembly that includes the whole thing from outer joint to outer joint. I know folks would rather spend $75 than $850 but if these are available then at least the Bronco could be back on the road and you'd have spares for the whole steering system.
I looked up one on Lasco Parts and it appears to be available.
Ford Bronco Broke my Bronco’s tie rod on rack and pinion 🤬 lasco

CJtoJLU

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon Extreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
…Ignoring the fan boys here, Wranglers are stupid tough offroad…
It’s that Hitler whoopin’ DNA that they carry.

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
People have been breaking tie rods offroad for decades, even on Rubicons.
Shoot, we even have a trail here in Vegas called 'Tie Rod Canyon'. So named after some guy snapped his and buried it sticking out of the ground as a trail marker...

Didn't look like he sent it too hard, but wheeling breaks stuff. Sometimes even a light hit at just the right angle will do you in.
Shrug your shoulders, grab the duct tape and get yourself mobile again.
I'd only get worried if it becomes a regular occurrence on mild stuff...

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Broken tie rods, blown 2.7 engines, recalled hard tops, air bag recall, cv clips busting off, radiator hoses failing off, brake booster issues, electrical issues, any thing else I miss?
3099.2 miles of fun I've had so far, not giving a single thought to what might have happened to others or might happen to mine. Shit happens, if it does, then I deal with it, but I'm not gonna worry wart through life wondering "what if".
Just back from a 1776.1 mile trip that included off roading, having a blast. If something breaks, I have warranty :)
Oh, 2.7 engine, soft top, and barreled a bit through the desert at around 50MpH just yesterday, had to try that Baja mode. Family in the truck too. I did bring a radio with, but that's just common sense if going into the wild with no cell service. Go have fun with it, if something breaks, deal with it then, not before. At least that's how I cruise through life, no time for paranoia and worries. Try it ;-)

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Crap, somebody throw me a bone and help me find a replacement inner tie rod. As of now my 50k rig is out of commission because of a $75 part. And that’s what sucks about this.
If you can save enough threads on both sides, just throw a heavy turnbuckle on it, and away you go.
Ford Bronco Broke my Bronco’s tie rod on rack and pinion 🤬 20b4illo_AG330(2)-375x300

I'm mostly joking, but may have, once long ago, known someone, who heard about someone's cousin's friend, who may have rigged up a blatantly unsafe tie rod fix, in order to get around until a proper replacement could be installed.
I, myself, would, of course, have never considered trusting my teenage safety to such a patently foolish set up that actually may have surprisingly lasted long enough to repair properly...

The things we did pre internet and amazon, when you had to hunt down and go get shit instead of it coming right to your doorstep....

Carbon Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15 Bronco New Lime 302ci
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
When. Is Ford going to add an outlet for a welder? They like to taught they can power a house with the F150 maybe go anywhere requires an on board welder.
Vanair just came out with a self contained lithium battery powered stick welder EPEQ 140. Weighs 34lbs and works well for situations like this. I can't wait to see what the hybrid Bronco has for power outlets, assuming they make one.
Ford Bronco Broke my Bronco’s tie rod on rack and pinion 🤬 1640670103283

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This reminds me when Ford built a "track ready Mustang" aka the GT350. Then folks started burning up transmissions & differentials and Ford told everyone "tough shit you should have added trans & diff coolers." Well maybe don't market a product that doesn't do what you've marketed it to do, or make that stuff standard equipment?
well, my Bronco came "hard top ready", but no matter where I look, there's none to be found. I think I'd have to buy it to make use of that 'ready' part, sounds to me like 'yeah, you can, but first you have to add xyz to your vehicle'. Ready to be made capable easily. Just the way I'd read that though.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MB3Z-3504-D (sasquatch)

MB3Z-3504-G (sasquatch)

1 -A
18 -C
17 -D
13 -E
16 -F
6 -G

$50-$100 difference between all of them, $400 core. How many and which ones should I order???
Sponsored