Reaction score
Website
mccoys2nativealaska.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am kind of second guessing my decision to reserve a Bronco because I broke my own rule. I never buy the first year anything comes out. If there is going to be bugs it will be the first in the 3 years.
Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am kind of second guessing my decision to reserve a Bronco because I broke my own rule. I never buy the first year anything comes out. If there is going to be bugs it will be the first in the 3 years.
It will be under warranty and most bugs would show themselves within that time frame and you can sell or trade it for a newer model or something else.

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm with you. I really wanted the Escape when it was introduced, but waited until the second model year. I've been dreaming about a Bronco my entire life. I don't want to be a guinea pig, but also don't want to wait any longer.

OP
OP
truth2ak

truth2ak

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mccoys2nativealaska.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a 76' Bronco for many years and it took me to many places. Five minutes after I sold it I regretted it and have been waiting for this probably longer then anyone else I know. Probably why I didn't want to wait.

Last edited:

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got a first new model year F-150 back in 2004. Had absolutely zero issues with it. Gives me a bit of confidence.

Sponsored
OP
OP
truth2ak

truth2ak

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mccoys2nativealaska.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It will be under warranty and most bugs would show themselves within that time frame and you can sell or trade it for a newer model or something else.
Yeah I know but that can be quite the headache and warrantees don't always solve the problems. The Ford 6.0 Diesel problems and all the lawsuits involved come to mind. However as I said I broke my own rule so I guess I am willing to risk it.

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My hope is that with 24 years, Ford has had plenty of time to test this. There wasn't a rush like the next gen F150 or Mustang...those you gotta crank out or you start losing market share because of how competitive the space is.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I never really had that rule, I mean my Truck's a first year, more I'm willing to take the risks associated with it and see where it all leads too.

Hopefully it all works out, knock on wood

Sponsored

Bronco Dad

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, 2022 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I bought the Ford Fusion Hybrid in 2010, First model year for that vehicle. Still driving it today with minimal repairs needed at 130k miles (throttle body replaced at 70k, Mass Air Flow Sensor at 100k). Also had leased the Ford Edge its first year for 2 years. Never had an issue other than a flat tire from a nail 1 week into ownership.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be fair, you still haven’t actually bought anything.

79Bronco-iowa

First Name
Iowan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Could be bugs still but....
The engines have been used before, transmission as well. The sync will debut in the f-150 first before the Bronco. So hopefully a lot of those issues will be resolved first and it won't all be new technology.
Sponsored