Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it'll be fine. It's a body on frame vehicle and when you look at the longevity and the numbers Ford has sold over the years, you could easily argue that they make the best trucks in the world. The updated ranger has been good from what I've seen. The 2.7 is really impressive in the f150. Good things said about the 10sp auto. They do have recent off road experience when you look at fx4 packages and of course, the raptor. I mean there's not a lot they can mess up here.
Sponsored

Weld3z

Outer Banks
First Name
Ahmed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Father bought 1999 x5 when it first coming, rear window was falling and ac boost on full without reason with minor issues here and there but sold it with more than 200k without major problems.
They say some of the issues because it's the first year !!

But in my opinion this is not true or something from the past .

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There is also a "pro" for buying a first year vehicle. The bean counters haven't taken a second look at it yet.
I have a 2015 F-150 (first year aluminum body) and I don't have the trouble of a plastic oil pan leaking like they put in some of the later models as mine is aluminum. Since then they went back with the aluminum. There was also a few other little things like some of the shielding in the front fender wells that Ford did away with.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel the opposite. I have never bought a 1st year model be it a vehicle or motorcycle- and Iā€™ve always had the FOMO thing.
So Iā€™m excited to be one of the 1st to be able to drive that cool rig..

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There has been research on this. Synopsis... First year issues are generally an old wives tail.

Also.. as someone who has owned two early exclusive launch vehicles in the past... the cool factor is worth it.

Sponsored

Rangerz520

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 2019 F150 Reg Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I listen to Ed Wallace. He does the Wheels radio show and a lifetime new car guy. First year bugs are from the 80's. Now any adjustments are made in the first hour.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have a late build 2015 F150, and bought the extended warranty. I had a couple issues( replaced starter and multi-function switch) and recalls, but i am still happy with it. My biggest driver for reserving a 1st year Bronco is no ADM. I want Velocity Blue and am fine with a potential 2022 delivery date. I will also be purchasing an extended warranty for the bronco. As long as i order Sasquatch, the only upgrades would be lights, and a second set of wheels/tires.

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What about cosmetic improvements after year 1.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That was my rule too, never buy v1 of a vehicle. Not this time, not waiting anymore, breakin' the rule and getting mine asap. Like someone else said, trade up in the following years of need to.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
That rule doesn't apply anymore. Especially in this case. Most of the important parts like the engine and mechanical components have already been around for awhile at Ford in other vehicles.

If this was a first year brand new engine never used before id be a little leery. But its not.

Plus the time Ford took to develop this they are making sure its one of the most durable vehicles they have ever produced to out do Jeep.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My only 2 new new cars have lasted me 10 years and 225k/250k. Going from those prices to this is shocking to me. The commute is a lot less now with this whole COVID thing. Nervous - excited - guilty (all in one). Had a 88 Blazer and never really LOVED it. This should be a far better ride than that and still be tolerable for economy. Not to mention being able to cope with what little snow we get anymore up here.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a 76' Bronco for many years and it took me to many places. Five minutes after I sold it I regretted it and have been waiting for this probably longer then anyone else I know. Probably why I didn't want to wait.
Same Story.. Former 76 owner as well & have been waiting for this body style for several decades.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My plans are to keep the Bronco indefinitely... I had a 1976 until about 15 years ago.
We are on the same plan. Must be something about us former 76 owners :)

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Iā€™m 65. I canā€™t wait 3 more years for bugs to be ironed out. Itā€™s going to be bad enough waiting for the year 1 Bronco.

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think itā€™ll be fine for the most part. The powertrain isnā€™t new so thatā€™s good at least. I expect maybe some rattles here and there, and maybe some electrical glitches but thatā€™s about it. Thatā€™s just me being pessimistic and not getting my hopes up for a ā€œperfectā€ vehicle
Sponsored