First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If I were planning on manual I'd be slightly concerned. It's the only untested major component, and it was made by Getrag, we all know what happened with the last new Getrag manual Ford used.

But I'm planning on auto, no worries here.
Sponsored

False

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I wouldn’t say anyone has really “broken” that rule yet since no one has drove off the lot yet. But I have to agree that a part of me is concerned with this as well.

I developed the same rule the hard way after getting a 2013 Escape right when they did the major crossover redesign. While a great car that served us well for 5 years; she had numerous issues with the ecoboost (1st generation 2.0 at the time) and fitment of panels was generally not as good as later years. The interior had numerous creaks and small fitment/alignment issues as well. Though she “only” went in the shop for a total of about 3 months during that 5 years, most issues on the inside were things no shop cared about fixing or wasn’t covered under warranty.

Great now I’m starting to worry again.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had to go back and look at it, and I think I've bought the first model year three times. VW Jetta, Dodge Dakota, and a Dodge Ram 2500. Only the Dakota had an issue, and the transmission went at 50k. It may have had something to do with towing right at the limit with no transmission temp gage to know when i was cooking it.

The Ram has 300k on it and my stepfather still drives it as a daily.

WNC_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4,2017 Honda Civic LX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
More worried cool colors or options will be offered in the 2-3 years

Have my reservation but may walk at the last minute or at delivery if i find out better colors or options are coming in 2022
Sponsored