Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have seen this exact statement repeated many times over, still confused as to exactly which part of the 2021 Bronco you think is “untested” the body panels? The motor/drivetrain and electronics are all used in other vehicles. Guess my experience with first gen vehicles is different. I bought a Gen 1 Explorer and put 250,000mi on it. There is a Ford dealer in every Major City in the US, with service centers. Get your vehicle serviced regularly and take care of any recalls or TSBs.
Sponsored

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It will be under warranty and most bugs would show themselves within that time frame and you can sell or trade it for a newer model or something else.
Problem with that smart people would buy a used car with known issues and the value would drop much more that’s why I’m leasing it?

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should talk to people in the Auto Manufacturing supply business. They have to constantly ring out cost to stay profitable. Manufacturers often overestimate volume or come back and re-negotiate pricing on top of the already brutal process for suppliers. They take out cost over time and by year 3 the parts they supply are often completely stripped out. The manufacturer is also constantly “de-contenting” the vehicle. Removing small things to make the cost lower. Wonder why Toyota’s seem so stripped out when their models get older? They are the masters of the process! I will take the first year model all day. Always a risk, but no more for 1st year than any other year IMO.

SasquashJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Problem with that smart people would buy a used car with known issues and the value would drop much more that’s why I’m leasing it?
I did not know if you place the reservation that you would be able to lease it instead of purchase it. I understand if someone build me up and by the time it gets there they have a financial situation that would force the vehicle to be at the dealership to make that decision but did not know leasing it was an option until they had inventory at dealerships

SasquashJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am kind of second guessing my decision to reserve a Bronco because I broke my own rule. I never buy the first year anything comes out. If there is going to be bugs it will be the first in the 3 years.
I have a question them might be good insight or a topic since I don’t feel it’s been discussed. With all the different model options without having the Sasquatch package which vehicle do you think will hold it’s value the most? You can add Sasquatch to anything but what will be the resell value. I never buy vehicles the first year as well but I’m also betting the rules considering the BroncosI never buy vehicles the first year as well but I’m also betting the rules considering the Bronco. And with all the uncertainty with pricing and packages as well as new additions in the following years such as the discussed rafter bronco I’m wondering if I were to purchase one and trade it in to upgrade which one would give me the best return at stock without Sasquatch. What are your thoughts?

Sponsored

SasquashJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same here, but remember... this is just a reservation. It's not a done deal yet if you get cold feet. I'd personally like a hybrid to save some gas money (this will be my DD), so part of me is thinking hold off for now. But what if that hybrid comes and it's $20k more than I want to pay? I am just not sure at this point myself.
I was thinking the same thing and I was debating on getting the Tesla 3 or the Tesla Y because it is either in the same price range or even better than what my Badlands and accessories might cost me.

Last edited:

SasquashJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A lease might be the way to go for one of these puppies for sure...

"Lease what depreciates buy what appreciates" John P. Ghetty
The quote you placed at the end it’s a question I put up earlier today. Obviously with motor vehicles the higher trims typically have better resale value or at least hold value. With all the configurations that bronco is doing in the Sasquatch being available on everything which model besides the first edition do you feel will hold the most value for the money? At stock right now the way they are listed?

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Breaking my rule of buying a new vehicle, let alone a (1st / 6th Gen). But a chunk of the mechanical stuff has already been out in the world, so what the heck! Plus I've been waiting since 1996. Got my first full-time job then and by the time I was off of probation, Broncos had been pulled from production. I did get to drive them (off-road) for work, so that kind of helped.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am kind of second guessing my decision to reserve a Bronco because I broke my own rule. I never buy the first year anything comes out. If there is going to be bugs it will be the first in the 3 years.
What could go wrong, idk maybe the doors come off ..lol

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was thinking the same thing and I was debating on getting the Tesla 3 or the Tesla Y because it is either in the same price range or even better than what my Badlands and accessories might cost me.
I'm debating this also. I already have the cyber truck reserved, but then I was thinking the bronco won't hold value like a tesla. Maybe I'll get a tesla model Y since the truck will take a few years since it's over 700k reserved and I'm around 620k

Sponsored

RotorOver

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak, 2021 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve bought 4 first year new vehicles in my time and can say overall my experiences have been good. The only one I had real issues with was a 2006 Jeep Commander and those issues didn’t start until 70k miles after 10 years. Lexus knocked the 2001 IS300 out of the park with the 2JZ motor and timeless looks. Had that car for 15 years and no issues. 1988 Honda CRX SI was a 2nd gen re-designed car and a compete blast. Unfortunately I was hit from behind after 5 years and the car was totaled, but I would have kept it long term. My current daily is a 2017 BMW M240i and it is fantastic. Of course each of these examples utilizes different levels of proven engines, transmissions, etc., and would be a consideration.

In the case of the Bronco, I say give it a shot and enjoy it!

SasquashJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm debating this also. I already have the cyber truck reserved, but then I was thinking the bronco won't hold value like a tesla. Maybe I'll get a tesla model Y since the truck will take a few years since it's over 700k reserved and I'm around 620k
I made a comment on a few post that no one has responded to maybe you have some insight on it. Because they are offering so many trim levels on the new bronco model which one do you feel is going to hold it’s value the most at dead stock. No accessories no Sasquatch package just as isI made a comment on a few post that no one has responded to maybe you have some insight on it. Because they are offering so many trim levels on the new bronco model which one do you feel is going to hold it’s value the most at dead stock. No accessories no Sasquatch package just as is? Just my car is a few years later and they really save thousands. I would never pay for any GMC Dinali for 80 K.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I ordered a Bronco II in 1984 before I ever saw one, very similar situation. Like the new Bronco, it was based on Ranger componentry so, drive train anyway, is tested. Loved the BII and ended up with two more over the years.

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hi all,
It just hit me as I am pacing around waiting for the build and price tool to release. This is my second vehicle purchase ever, and it is a first year model. Ive always been warned to hold off on ordering for the first few years of a new model, but ive also been told its not a big deal. I know any problems that happen they will most likely fix, but I would love to hear from people who have bought first year models before (from ford or really any other company) and your experience over your ownership of the vehicle.
Thanks,
-Trustable

Hartzco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had a first year Ford Escape and currently have a first year Ford Edge. I have no complaints about either that would relate to them being first year products.

I'm full in for my 2021 Big Bend 4 door!
Sponsored