Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No. I think my excitement is hiding my nervousness.
Sponsored

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With the Bronco, even though it's brand new, not a lot of components are new. The motors have been around, the transmissions have been around, the axles aren't new. It's based off of the Ranger chassis which has been around several years. So it isn't exactly like they created everything from absolute scratch, so you won't see as many issues arising from your main components as you would if everything were brand new. Also, I don't think I've seen a vehicle get this amount of testing and abuse prior to launch, so any issues they will most likely find and rectify prior to production... I hope.

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Haha thanks guys. I guess im a little nervous because my first purchase was a 2014 focus with the infamous dct. I will be trading it in for the manual bronco (told myself im never getting another auto again), but theres just always that thought in the back of my mind i guess. Its like buyers remorse before you even buy.

Sponsored

Firefly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The abuse these test models have been through has to be leaps and bounds more than any Ford vehicle has ever gone through. From baja racing to rock crawling and everything in between, over and over again.

I'm not worried at all.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am kind of second guessing my decision to reserve a Bronco because I broke my own rule. I never buy the first year anything comes out. If there is going to be bugs it will be the first in the 3 years.
You haven’t bought anything yet, so it’s not all bad news. And maybe your reservation number puts you so far back that you could change your mind if the early birds have issues and recalls Right out of the gate.
And I always hear about the “let them work the bugs out” as a safe reason to not get a first year new version/model/design, etc. And I am asking because I can’t think of any real recent history of ownership of first edition vehicles turning out to be nightmares.

Isn’t the standard engine already used in other model Fords. The frame is the same as on a Ranger and I’m sure some other parts are also not brand new.

You could always get an extended warranty. If you decide to sell the bronco you can always get $ back on the existing warranty. I bought the Mazda RX8 when it first came out. Was concerned about it being a first model year like you mention. Bought the extended warranty, sold it a year later for a very good deal and also got the extended warranty refunded to me on what was remaining. And never had any warranty issues with that first model car.

Gorbuha

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am just wondering if people are not afraid to purchase the first version of the new Bronco. It is known that the first edition of any product is kinda raw and will have flaws that are usually fixed in subsequent version. I never owned a Bronco but put in a reservation for Outer Banks trim.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not worried at all, if there is something to fix, there's warranty. While others wait for year two or 3 I'm out having fun. Production lines are so modern and streamlined by now and mostly things are done by robots, I expect to be just fine.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In these times of “de-contenting”, new models often have more features and as good, potentially better quality then later years of the same model (manufacturers and suppliers pull content and cut costs every year of a models production). Toyota was the first to really pursue it, now every manufacturer does it to some extent, from my understanding. Good to go on fist year in my book ??

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It’s not a brand new motor. Many other Ford models have been using the engine (and computers and turbos) for years already.

Mr.Pike17

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 sante fe awd
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm not worried, I didn't get in on the first wave of orders, so by the time I get my Bronco all the early reservations will have ironed out the "issues" if any.?
Sponsored