NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You haven’t broken any rules. Reservation is so far from a purchase. You have 10 months to not buy this thing.
Sponsored

dpav02

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am kind of second guessing my decision to reserve a Bronco because I broke my own rule. I never buy the first year anything comes out. If there is going to be bugs it will be the first in the 3 years.
I am breaking this rule as well. My plan is to cross my fingers and get an extended warranty.

BroncOcotillo

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am kind of second guessing my decision to reserve a Bronco because I broke my own rule. I never buy the first year anything comes out. If there is going to be bugs it will be the first in the 3 years.
Vehicles these days are more thoroughly engineered than in the past and the Broncos are not using anything significant that hasn’t been used before and improved. I think the first year models should be fine.

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

battlebornNV

First Edition
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 wrangler
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Great thread of valid points. My guess is the changes and offerings will continue to keep coming from Ford - Just like the Jeeps or Corvettes, so many models and price points- and power train changes will have lots of folks constantly looking at what's coming next model year- it must be part of the marketing.

Sponsored

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Same here, but remember... this is just a reservation. It's not a done deal yet if you get cold feet. I'd personally like a hybrid to save some gas money (this will be my DD), so part of me is thinking hold off for now. But what if that hybrid comes and it's $20k more than I want to pay? I am just not sure at this point myself.

jtzako

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've done it before but there are certain manufacturers I wouldnt... I bought first year 5th gen Camaro, 2 series BMW and Ford Escape and they were all fine. I wouldnt buy a first year Land Rover (new defender) but would a 2nd+.

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Add me to the "Broke the Rule" club. With the time it has taken this vehicle to go from initial announcement to launch, and now the time to deliver (June 2021 at best) I just don't have it in me to wait another year or two! Plus, First Edition is only the first year...

fomoco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
deathmobile
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look on the bright side. If you didn't get your reservation in shortly after the announcement, you probably won't get the Bronco until 2022...so technically that is second year!!!!

ericmario

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
same here...but like others have said....reservation gets you in line, but if you don't wanna pull the trigger just take your money back and call it a day

Sponsored

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I usually feel the same about cars, but thinking about it, I always end up waiting. By the time the car is "ready", a new generation is on the way.

Wait for the bugs to sort themselves, but then wait for the next gen, it becomes an endless cycle of waiting.

I personally have not been this excited about a car I think ever, so I am jumping in. The thing that matters is that both engines have proven good enough reliability, everything else can easily be upgraded or fixed either under warranty or by me.

hero

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I get a new ford every 2-3 years for work. In sixteen years, only one has been a pain. And it wasn't a first year model.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in the same boat...not only have I never purchased a first-year model, I've never ordered a vehicle from the factory.

I'll do my research over the next several months so I can always change my mind...I have nothing to lose.

Lastly, there is a big difference in purchasing a first-year model 20+ years ago vs. today. The amount of engineering and testing that takes place today is very impressive.
Sponsored