Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, had a little too much fun this weekend... If you want to play, you gotta pay I guess....

Ford Bronco Broke the axle on my Badlands Bronco...  pics and video GX021554.00_17_45_04.Still003

Ford Bronco Broke the axle on my Badlands Bronco...  pics and video GX021554.00_13_30_12.Still008

Ford Bronco Broke the axle on my Badlands Bronco...  pics and video GX021554.00_05_37_16.Still005

Ford Bronco Broke the axle on my Badlands Bronco...  pics and video GX021554.00_04_18_11.Still001
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Once you added those Toyos I knew it was only a matter of time before something broke given how you like to use your Bronco. BUT I'll admit I didn't expect it to be the axle.

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Once you added those Toyos I knew it was only a matter of time before something broke given how you like to use your Bronco. BUT I'll admit I didn't expect it to be the axle.
I know right? I was sure it was going to be a tie rod..... oh well.

ezapar

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It seems normal enough. You did lift it and add 37s. As soon as that sucker goes into full droop and you turn the wheel at all and give it gas it's gonna blow. I'm surprised that more of them haven't been breaking.

Other note. I watched your how to take off the top vid. I kinda figured it would go that way, but thanks.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Other than when I high centered in my own driveway to get out of the road, I've never driven in that deep of snow and I'm sure all the "pulling and jerking" at that cold temp had an impact on blowing... Err braking the axle. I'm both concerned and not surprised.

Concerned because I don't ever want to brake an axle, and not surprised because of OP's attitude about not being surprised and he was there. So, great attitude about all the hard work and fun; reminds me of younger days. I guess until my shoulders heal up better I'll be avoiding any wheeling that has me potentially digging that much.

But I doubt we'll see that kind of snow at Moab next month.

Sponsored
OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mines a Badlands. Same axles and diff as the Sasquatch.

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It seems normal enough. You did lift it and add 37s. As soon as that sucker goes into full droop and you turn the wheel at all and give it gas it's gonna blow. I'm surprised that more of them haven't been breaking.

Other note. I watched your how to take off the top vid. I kinda figured it would go that way, but thanks.
Yea, I guess it was just a matter of time. As for the Top, I don't recommend doing what I did haha.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is the damage limited to the CV shaft, or is there also damage to the axle housing or diff? If just the shaft, an easy fix, although not cheap.

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the damage limited to the CV shaft, or is there also damage to the axle housing or diff? If just the shaft, an easy fix, although not cheap.
Didn't take it apart yet but it feels like just the shaft. I'll update when I get the chance to take it out.

Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Glad to see you do the ratchet strap trick to re-bead a tire. The more Broncos that get wheeled the more people will learn. Wheeling with the front locker engaged is a bad idea, it should be used as little as possible. Interesting to see why others think the front axle broke. The simple fact is the tire grabbed and all the power went through one part. If the front was unlocked the other side would have spun unloading the force.

People need to look past the tire size and lift for this failure. If you think your not at risk because of smaller tires and less lift your in the same boat just not there time wise. Big tires just speed up the process but we all will end up in the same spot eventually.

Great video, people should take away how to use a winch in the snow. How they winch and crawl out. Getting out of the throttle before digging to china.

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad to see you do the ratchet strap trick to re-bead a tire. The more Broncos that get wheeled the more people will learn. Wheeling with the front locker engaged is a bad idea, it should be used as little as possible. Interesting to see why others think the front axle broke. The simple fact is the tire grabbed and all the power went through one part. If the front was unlocked the other side would have spun unloading the force.

People need to look past the tire size and lift for this failure. If you think your not at risk because of smaller tires and less lift your in the same boat just not there time wise. Big tires just speed up the process but we all will end up in the same spot eventually.

Great video, people should take away how to use a winch in the snow. How they winch and crawl out. Getting out of the throttle before digging to china.
Yea, I should of let the winch do the work there. Lesson learned. But yea, a GOOD ratchet strap is a must. The first one broke haha.

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank god there were Jeeps there to save you! 😂 JK that sucks. Hopefully you get it fixed quick and easy, the 2 door is the best Bronco.
Haha, well at least I winched out at least 5 of them before that point. We'll call it even.
Sponsored