First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion; Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, now the dealership says the APIM fixed the screen, but that the audio module is shot, and they have to order that, which of course is backordered. I didn't get the exact name of the module, but they said something about it being located under the car near the back, and even they thought it was a strange place for an electronic part that is likely going to get wet. Has anyone else had that issue?
Finally got it back. And everything works. Yay!!!! It's like having a new car after not having the screen or audio for 6 months.
Sponsored

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Finally got it back. And everything works. Yay!!!! It's like having a new car after not having the screen or audio for 6 months.
I'm so glad its working! I'm ready to get mine back :(

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Having read all this, I am wondering if using the right interface (J2534) would it be possible to just reprogram the APIM (or the F-150 APIM) to resolve the problem?

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having read all this, I am wondering if using the right interface (J2534) would it be possible to just reprogram the APIM (or the F-150 APIM) to resolve the problem?
It’s possible? I would love to see someone try to fix a failed APIM just with a software re-flash and report back. :unsure:

I have a feeling my tech would have attempted that on mine, if it were possible, because he had to program the new module after installation, too. 🤷‍♂️

Sonny

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Be careful as many have different preamps and then you’ll have an electrical problem on your hands.
Sponsored