Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thought that was the new crap walking feature, guess not.
Sponsored

Silent Panda

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door JL, a BMW Wagon and a bunch a motos
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I haven't seen axle problems yet either and for the most part you won't until people start "hard" wheeling with their "selfie" and I don't see them breaking it either. It will just "wear out" faster.

Bigger, heavier tires have a larger load on the axle assembly. Aluminum will "defect" more than cast iron when put under heavy loads. This "defection" may not break something but it will wear on it and cause it to fail before the stronger one will.
I think you meant to say deflect.

Although those TRE's did defect from the group chat...

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Squatch has a nodular iron case and is 210 MM. The non-squatch is aluminum case and is 190 MM.

So yes the squatch has a stronger axle. Tie rods are the same.

The bigger the tire the stronger axle you will need, in theory. If you are light wheeling or going to the mall you can get away with it but if plan to use it and use it hard then troubles will be on the horizon.

One other consideration is the weight of the wheel and tire combo. This is can cause premature problems as well.
I thought the Badlands had the 210 as well...

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Has this been an issue on other makes / models?
Truly curious, not arguing.

Your statement is logical, but on the other hand, the 190 is rated as stronger than the old school Dana 44's.
So really, have there been other vehicles that ran an iron case center and aluminum case center at the same time?

In either case, this will make for an outstanding case study since there will be so many of each version set up nearly identically.

How many more times do you think I can squaeeze the word "case" in there? LOL
Has the M190 been rated as stronger than an older D44? Where is that info? Not arguing, just want to see the info. And, what strength are we talking about, the ring and pinion, or the axles, or both? I still have not been able to find any info on the differences between the M210 axles and the M190 axles, are they the same or different?

I was told by a reliable source that at least the M210 used the same front axle shafts as the F150 Raptor. That seems like they would be reasonably strong. Don't know anything about the strength of the tie rods, though. Steering is a completely different subject. Really, I'm not surprised to see some tie rods breaking already, I thought initially they looked a bit wimpy for serious off roading with bigger tires. Aftermarket steering upgrades should end up being more important than most other aftermarket products for serious off roaders...just like on Jeeps.

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks like a broken tie rod. They look like a twig.

120593265_714746432455764_3684057077332023935_n.jpg
Man...............that is so discouraging. After Market Upgrade is going to be a must.........better order a couple extras and have them available on hand. I am surprised that they didn't use a high grade balsa wood instead.

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Better to just break the tie rod ends then tear something else up. If you plan to wheel more than gravel roads just get a couple spare factory links and change out on the trail I you were to break em. Easy peasy.

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm tempted to buy these as spares, but I don't plan on running larger than 35s. I guess it's better than getting stuck...
I also plan to stay with 35’s. That said the OEM Goodyear 315’s are not true 35’s. Plus I don’t know about the 37’s but I had a set of the Yoko MT’s in a 34 and they were tiny.

Interesting comment above that it may be better to run stock tie rods so they fail before other components do, I’ve heard similar logic before from a buddy. But IDK.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
He rides hard so it is to be expected. Most hard core riders keep extras. One would say why not upgrade your rack. Tie rods are a great weak link and cheap if something has to give it way cheaper then a rack. I read the other tread its a Badlands non Sasquatch not sure it thats a 190 or 210 rack. (Not 100% its him)
Bingo. I don’t want my tie rods stronger than the rack. I can trail repair/replace an end… not so much with the rack itself. Same as the axle shafts, easier to replace a shaft than a diff.
Sponsored