darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
RCV also usually offers a 10 year bomb-proof warranty. I had a friend who broke a shaft by running over his winch cable which bound up the axle and they still replaced it.

RCVs are well known for their strength and worth every penny.

I've ran them in many different rigs, both their live axle CVs and their IFS CVs without any issues.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Homebowlking

Homebowlking

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So what did the final diagnosis end up being? Has the Bronco been fixed and back on the road yet?
So what did the final diagnosis end up being? Has the Bronco been fixed and back on the road yet?
Update Ford isn't saying much about what happened or why it happened. They have decided to replace the entire front differential and both axle's making me fell like they are trying to fix it correctly. But as a result I have still been with out my dream Badlands for 28 days now and counting. Dont get me wrong I know this pails in comparison to so many on this forum that wont get to to see there ride for a year yet. But trading in a fully loaded 1500 limited with a down paymeny and now Ford loan payment to drive a rental Chevy for a month was not where I thought buying a Bronco would get me. Yet with all that said I'm still very happy with the Bronco and am sure it is worth the wait after driving it 250 km. So be patient its worth wait its a dam fine ride...

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update Ford isn't saying much about what happened or why it happened. They have decided to replace the entire front differential and both axle's making me fell like they are trying to fix it correctly. But as a result I have still been with out my dream Badlands for 28 days now and counting. Dont get me wrong I know this pails in comparison to so many on this forum that wont get to to see there ride for a year yet. But trading in a fully loaded 1500 limited with a down paymeny and now Ford loan payment to drive a rental Chevy for a month was not where I thought buying a Bronco would get me. Yet with all that said I'm still very happy with the Bronco and am sure it is worth the wait after driving it 250 km. So be patient its worth wait its a dam fine ride...
Good to hear. Interesting that they're replacing both axles and the diff though. Could have been more damage than what was visible. Improper assembly possibly? Hopefully they get it buttoned up and back to you ASAP. :cool:

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
ask Ford to throw in 100K or 10 year warranty for your troubles.

Sponsored

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dumb question with badland's lux do get the drain plugs if you got the MGV? I heard that you do not get the drain plugs is that true? Hope you get your badlands back soon :)

OP
OP
Homebowlking

Homebowlking

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dumb question with badland's lux do get the drain plugs if you got the MGV? I heard that you do not get the drain plugs is that true? Hope you get your badlands back soon :)
It does have the drain plugs

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you opt for leather you will have carpeted floor and no active drains(plugs).

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RCVs are well known for their strength and worth every penny.

I've ran them in many different rigs, both their live axle CVs and their IFS CVs without any issues.

Hi Lund,

Didn't say the RCV product is Bad. I know many people that use their products.
I used to help out the short course program for one of their engineers.

My point was that I wasn't sure they are making custom CV Stars/cages for their half-shafts?
You might know.
Usually the failure is in the axle, unless the CV angle is exceed.

Either way, the OP shouldn't have seen the issue on his new rig. I'm assuming it's a half-shaft defect.

Sponsored

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My point was that I wasn't sure they are making custom CV Stars/cages for their half-shafts?
You might know.
Usually the failure is in the axle, unless the CV angle is exceed.

Either way, the OP shouldn't have seen the issue on his new rig. I'm assuming it's a half-shaft defect.
I talked with RCV the other day, they are working on their Bronco assemblies and should have them done in the next couple months. Full replacement assemblies, not just stars and cages.

Will post up pics as soon as they're available.

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Not lubed? Siezed? Highly unlikely...
That time of failure would be due to massive high heat caused from friction. He was in 4 lo
Wouldn't 4L warm up the transmission fluid and not the shaft? The shaft only gets hot at the splines and CV section. Those are lubed with grease (unless the CV boot fails that is).

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But as a result I have still been with out my dream Badlands for 28 days now and counting. Dont get me wrong I know this pails in comparison to so many on this forum that wont get to to see there ride for a year yet. But trading in a fully loaded 1500 limited with a down paymeny and now Ford loan payment to drive a rental Chevy for a month was not where I thought buying a Bronco would get me.
Today marks 30 days for me. I had a serious drivetrain issue manifesting as a harsh vibration/noise. Dealer replaced the whole clutch assembly, but that didn't solve it. They moved on to the transmission and are now focused on the engine (2.3). I'm hoping I'm close to getting it back! Good luck to you as well.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Did the dealership determine if having to wait for the vehicle to be built was the root cause of the materials failure?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Today marks 30 days for me. I had a serious drivetrain issue manifesting as a harsh vibration/noise. Dealer replaced the whole clutch assembly, but that didn't solve it. They moved on to the transmission and are now focused on the engine (2.3). I'm hoping I'm close to getting it back! Good luck to you as well.
This has gone on with Ranger for some time and they determined that the Driveshaft phasing was quite poor.

Not sure if this is your situation but it's something to be aware of, especially as the issue has gone up to the regional service reps, so it shouldn't be entirely unknown if this is the issue for you.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/driveshaft-phasing.7614/
Sponsored