redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That would not be the first time I've heard less than flattering comments about RC.

@BAUS67
Can you please give us your insight into possible reasons for this?

Do you buy what the dealer is saying?
"they said they didn't snap something in the wheel well tight enough."

Could they be referring to a snap ring in/on the hub, axle or CV joint?
So the first thing that comes to my mind is a Zone 1" kit uses a 1/2 on the top of the coilover and a 1/2 on the spring perch.

RC without a doubt puts the full 1" at the top.

I have also seen Zone spacers be tapered and the RC ones are flat. Could be this also.

The biggest thing I see is the poster said it was "making noise" after work was completed. That screams to me that the cv was pulled apart when taken apart to install spacer. Then not pushed back together completely when putting the truck back together.

I friend of mine just had it happen to his TaurusX. He put struts on the front and did not get the cv seated properly. Guess what he had....... a cv noise.😄
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good God, I hope 1" lift of any kind is not the reason for this. That would be absolutely ridiculous if a CV joint couldn't handle that small amount.

I'm sure something wasn't assembled correctly, weather was from the factory or from the level install.

It does surprise me how close factories are pushing things. For example, you lift a wrangler more than 2" you start getting into new drivelines and track bars.... Fnking ridiculous.

Madmartegan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford, Toyota, GMC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update:
I spoke to the dealership and they have to replace the front axel. However, they are on backorder and do not know when they will get another one.

I asked what may have caused the issue, and they do not know.

I showed the picture to another buddy of mine and he said that it looks like something locked up in the joint. You can see the casing is twisted. I don't know what would have caused that to happen.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Update:
I spoke to the dealership and they have to replace the front axel. However, they are on backorder and do not know when they will get another one.

I asked what may have caused the issue, and they do not know.

I showed the picture to another buddy of mine and he said that it looks like something locked up in the joint. You can see the casing is twisted. I don't know what would have caused that to happen.
There have been some reports of people that have gotten front axles not fully seated from the factory. So they are running on only partial teeth and it doesn't take alot to strip those.

And I know at least one youtuber whose CV boot came loose and it got a bunch of crap in the joint and froze it up.

Lobuz52

Outer Banks
First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello, sorry for my English.
I'm from Poland and I'm looking for the cause of the Bronco problem. I see that the problem in the USA is well known. I would like to ask you what is the current perception of the Bronco in the US regarding this driveshaft issue? How is Ford approaching the problem?

I will also write what happened to me. I was driving a Bronco in the sand. I stopped to see how the traction control worked in such a situation. When I started driving, the traction control didn't work. I added more gas and the rear axle buried itself. I tried to go backwards, then forwards, then backwards again and when I started backwards again, something shot loudly in the left front wheel. When another off-road vehicle pulled me out of the trap, the front wheel was stationary, not spinning. As if blocked. After switching to 2H, I started moving and the wheel started spinning again. In a moment it stopped again. I turned on 4H again and the car started. I heard strange noises from the front, but the wheels were turning. Driving about 2 mph the wheel stopped again. For now, the car is going to the service center and I wonder what they will say. I think what would happen if the front wheel stopped while driving on the asphalt at 50 mph.
Sponsored