Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Specs: 4 door, Badlands, 2.7, lux, tow package .

Issue: Broken front passenger axle at CV joint. Repair was Ford replacement of both front axles. Will take 5 to 10 days to get the parts.

Update: I was in 4L and lockers were not engaged.

350KM after picking up my dream machine that took a year to arrive, it was on the back end of a tow truck with a broken front right axle heading back to the dealer for repair. The axle broke on a flat loose gravel parking lot at less than 5 km/hr with no load on it , while I was testing out (showing off) the 4 wheel cameras to my better half.

I have been a 4x4 enthusiasts for over 30 years and broken many axle as such I have learned not to full lock. The intent of the post was to see if this was an issue others have had. I am glad to hear it isnt.

Photos of break down and gravel parking lot that it happened and got towed from:

Ford Bronco Broken front axle at CV joint on my Bronco Badlands 4-Door 2.7L 2021-bronco-broken-front-axle-cv-joint-

Ford Bronco Broken front axle at CV joint on my Bronco Badlands 4-Door 2.7L 20210719_205410-

Ford Bronco Broken front axle at CV joint on my Bronco Badlands 4-Door 2.7L 20210719_205414-
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

350KM after picking up my dream machine that took a year to arrive, it was on the back end of a tow truck with a broken front right axle heading back to the dealer for repair. The axle broke on a flat loose gravel parking lot at less than 5 km/hr with no load on it , while I was testing out (showing off) the 4 wheel cameras to my better half.

Specs: 4 door, Badlands, 2.7, lux, tow package . Broken front passenger axle, repair was ford replacement of both front axles 5 to 10 days to get the parts.
I'm gonna need some pics. Curious what actually broke.

Maybe this is why so many Canadians getting delivery now... It's the defective ones 🤷‍♂️
Sorry to hear it bud.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Auto or manual trans? Do you know what gear it was in (assuming low given the speed)? Was it the axle shaft that broke, or u-joint/CV (can't recall at the moment what Ford uses)?

Sponsored

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Shit happens. Every mechanical product breaks. I’m betting it was a one off. Sucks that it happened and I’m sorry about that. Ford will make it right.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Wouldn’t a happened if it was an SFA …

/ ducks :ROFLMAO:

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What was the symptom

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Auto or manual trans? Do you know what gear it was in (assuming low given the speed)? Was it the axle shaft that broke, or u-joint/CV (can't recall at the moment what Ford uses)?
well it was the 2.7 so must be auto

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like Ford handled it the right way. You’re the first I’ve heard with any axle issues, hopefully it’s just a one off!
Hello? This is not good. The motor or transmission disintegrating would be better in my opinion. More parts to fail or assemble incorrectly.

Am I alone here?

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm thinking not as loose of gravel as assumed......I have seen inferior parts on Fords but never a broken axle on something that wasn't abused......
Thank God I didn't order the cameras.....